Sandy Jardine Stand

It's clearly a great gesture to name a stand after Sandy, however, I feel a different tribute would be more fitting. We do only have four stands and as the club moves forward some will contribute as much, or more, to the club than Sandy. Arguably, some already have. How should they be remembered and recognised? We have the Bill Struth Main Stand and now the Govan has been renamed. Will we only have two more people worthy of such an honour? I don't think so. At Old Trafford there are statues of Law, Best and Charlton - a similar tribute would, imo, would be better.

Hopefully not disrespectful, certainy not my intention, but totally agree.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great gesture but personally still think it should have been Auchenhowie though

Not sure Sandy would want Murray park renamed , after all the shit we've been through most if not all Gers who worked under Murray still respect him and speak highly of him including our current manager .Sandy was well treated and respected by all at Ibrox and i'm sure he would be happy with Govan stand renaming rather than a tribute which also pokes a previous owner in the eye as this is not in keeping with the Rangers Standards which Sandy cherished.

Great legions of our club should be split into sections of our stands

Think about it come our grandchildren we will need about a dozen stands if not more

Great gesture all the same

Sandy stood up and was counted when we were in our darkest hour .He led the march to Hampden and was a tower of strength to all at Ibrox when we needed leadership despite his own health battles .This makes him unique in Rangers history and imo affords him special treatment among fellow legends.Hopefully Rangers will never find themselves in this position again and someone else has to follow in his footsteps because they'll be impossible to fill.

Normally I'm not really in favour of having our stands named after a player, simply because we have had so many people associated with our great club since our inception who arguably deserved that honour also, but I'm 100% behind this decision to honour such a wonderful man who showed loyalty,class,dignity,bravery and humility throughout his entire career at Ibrox.

I am sure that Mr Jardine will be proud but humbled at this honour as he looks down on us; but you deserve it,Sandy :praise: It was a privilege to have known you. :pipe: