Ally McCoist - all chat in here

Adoniram

706 members have voted

1. 1. Is Ally the man for the job?

Ally had one goal?

Aye fucking right.

Just because he failed in every other aspect it's now one goal?

A wild chimp could guide Rangers through the divisions with the budget and players we have.

It takes a really poor manager to turn decent players into shite and turn the football on show into lower division punts up the park.

He couldnt even win the easiest cup in Scotland against brickies and joiners....TWICE!

He's a bottle merchant and a shite manager and we need rid of him.

Ally had one goal?

Aye fucking right.

A wild chimp could guide Rangers through the divisions with the budget and players we have.

It takes a really poor manager to turn decent players into shite and turn the football on show into lower division punts up the park.

He couldnt even win the easiest cup in Scotland against brickies and joiners....TWICE!

:lol:

That poll speaks volumes. The ones that are voting yes clearly just can't separate Ally the player from Ally the manager. Sad.

Or maybe those that are voting yes or even not voting at all understand that what happened 2-3 years ago ripped the club apart and we're still struggling in the aftermath, and see stability as key to us getting back into the top division.

We have never been in the position to build a proper club structure that meets all the wishlists of youth development, scouting etc for the last three years, and still aren't their yet. Whilst that's the case, and given what the club has been through my only desire has been to get back to the top division in the shortest possible time, and that's the way it's heading.

Or maybe those that are voting yes or even not voting at all understand that what happened 2-3 years ago ripped the club apart and we're still struggling in the aftermath, and see stability as key to us getting back into the top division.

We have never been in the position to build a proper club structure that meets all the wishlists of youth development, scouting etc for the last three years, and still aren't their yet. Whilst that's the case, and given what the club has been through my only desire has been to get back to the top division in the shortest possible time, and that's the way it's heading.

I read this and see blind faith. At least the majority have woken up and realised what a dud McCoist is.

Ally had one goal?

Aye fucking right.

:matron::000000082:

I understand that it gave McCoist the easiest set of circumstances a Rangers manager has ever had, paying millions to beat plumbers and shelf stackers. And even with that he's still not been able to entertain thousands of fans.

I understand that it gave McCoist the easiest set of circumstances a Rangers manager has ever had, paying millions to beat plumbers and shelf stackers. And even with that he's still not been able to entertain thousands of fans.

Did you want tap dancing and jokes on top of winning? Buying SPL level journeymen (all we could get) would get us out of the divisions but do you really expect Barcelona style football. Our players are crap (by Rangers standards) but that's what we've been reduced to recently. They're only better crap in relation to those we've been against in the last two years and I hope to fuck when we're settled we don't see too many of them lingering on.

The past two seasons the majority of this forum has said they want the league & challenge cup as minimum and twice McCoist has failed to deliver.

The fans want fast, attacking football played on the deck. On the whole, McCoist has failed to deliver.

The fans want to see more young players signed & playing in the first team. Again with one or two exceptions McCoist has failed to deliver.

How many match reports have we read after games saying "We can and must play better"? I have yet to see any signs of better coming along anytime soon. McCoist has failed to deliver.

He should have been gone within the hour after the final whistle of the Ramsdens Cup final. A game which I am going to call the most embarrassing in this clubs history (at least since I've been born) overlooking the fact we have lost at home to Annan.

How much longer can the board to ignore the majority of its customer base? (90% going by the poll on here)

Any business which does is surely in trouble. Wallace has to act soon before it's too late.

The past two seasons the majority of this forum has said they want the league & challenge cup as minimum and twice McCoist has failed to deliver.

The fans want fast, attacking football played on the deck. On the whole, McCoist has failed to deliver.

The fans want to see more young players signed & playing in the first team. Again with one or two exceptions McCoist has failed to deliver.

How many match reports have we read after games saying "We can and must play better"? I have yet to see any signs of better coming along anytime soon. McCoist has failed to deliver.

He should have been gone within the hour after the final whistle of the Ramsdens Cup final. A game which I am going to call the most embarrassing in this clubs history (at least since I've been born) overlooking the fact we have lost at home to Annan.

How much longer can the board to ignore the majority of its customer base? (90% going by the poll on here)

Any business which does is surely in trouble. Wallace has to act soon before it's too late.

The 90% in the poll you quote, as of 1 minute ago comprised 236 names - hardly the majority of the customer base of Rangers.

Did you want tap dancing and jokes on top of winning? Buying SPL level journeymen (all we could get) would get us out of the divisions but do you really expect Barcelona style football. Our players are crap (by Rangers standards) but that's what we've been reduced to recently. They're only better crap in relation to those we've been against in the last two years and I hope to fuck when we're settled we don't see too many of them lingering on.

Why do Barcelona always get mentioned in these type of discussions?

This is about even being able to show some basic passing and movement for a whole game, not about being world beaters.

Ally has presented us with the worst case scenerio in my eyes.

We were ALWAYS going to walk the bottom two Divs, the gulf is probably the biggest in World football. I'd imagine that having 11 footballers from Junior football, regardless of their ability, getting them to train full-time, coached full-time, controlled diets etc etc would have got us through the bottom 2 tiers. We're now sitting in a relatively competitive league, having had those two years to experiment and learn, develope some sort of style of play, bring through some youngsters, make mistakes, learn. But instead I see us in virtually the same position. The brand of football is still the same, shite.

Let's hope those in charge soon see how the majority want him gone.

We as a club need a new man to lead us, McCoist has us in the dark ages and we will never get out of it with him slouching in the dugout.

The board should grow a back bone and punt him before we get roasted in the top flight.

Ally had one goal?

Aye fucking right.

"A wild chimp" could win the part-time leagues we won, but a trained chimp would have added the two Ramsdens as well. God knows what a proper, tactically astute modern manager would have achieved ?.

I think if you look at how bad Hibs were last year versus last night (where the retained possession pretty well and created a number of good chances) it shows any manager with anything about him could improve us. If Miller or Boyd were up front for Hibs we'd be out the cup already. We have better players than 99% of teams we will face, but they cannot seem to play well together - and that sits with Ally.

Again the brain dead can't comprehend what we are saying.

Football whether you like it or not is in the entertainment business. Rangers are no different. Fans are voting with their feet and not going to see Rangers because of the manager and his god awful style of football. That is an undeniable fact and the longer they stay away the harder it will be for them to return.

Only in Scotland and only at Rangers do we think it is one or the other never both.

I would argue that McCoist had the easiest task of any Rangers manager to do both because the fans were willing to cut them slack in the 1st season down at the bottom. The best of youth coupled with a few seasoned pros. A mix of the best. A few bloody noses along the way but in time those youngsters would have grown or fallen away. The best would have stayed the course and got invaluable match time before returning to the SPFL.

He never even tried to do it and we are now at the stage where every season we have to buy or bring in "experience" because we are now trapped in the vicious circle a la the SPL days.

I think if you look at how bad Hibs were last year versus last night (where the retained possession pretty well and created a number of good chances) it shows any manager with anything about him could improve us. If Miller or Boyd were up front for Hibs we'd be out the cup already. We have better players than 99% of teams we will face, but they cannot seem to play well together - and that sits with Ally.

Hivs were fucking awful last night, they showed me nothing to say that they will be a threat. It's the championship for them for the foreseeable future.

Again the brain dead can't comprehend what we are saying.

Football whether you like it or not is in the entertainment business. Rangers are no different. Fans are voting with their feet and not going to see Rangers because of the manager and his god awful style of football. That is an undeniable fact and the longer they stay away the harder it will be for them to return.

Only in Scotland and only at Rangers do we think it is one or the other never both.

I would argue that McCoist had the easiest task of any Rangers manager to do both because the fans were willing to cut them slack in the 1st season down at the bottom. The best of youth coupled with a few seasoned pros. A mix of the best. A few bloody noses along the way but in time those youngsters would have grown or fallen away. The best would have stayed the course and got invaluable match time before returning to the SPFL.

He never even tried to do it and we are now at the stage where every season we have to buy or bring in "experience" because we are now trapped in the vicious circle a la the SPL days.

Thing is, Ibrox is apparently sold out for Sunday, so fans are voting with their feet. That, is an undeniable fact.