"It's a Grand Old Team" at Goodison yesterday

I honestly think in my experience it's difficult to judge in liverpool as a city plenty of both religion supporting both sides .

I can say in recent years through players and managers an awful lot more evertonian have felt an affinity with Rangers whilst Liverpool seems to have grown closer to liverpool with YNWA & champions league matches and the like .

Personally with my families origins and history of military service I'm an evertonian but will always do my best to follow Rangers as well especially through the difficult times you've experienced in the last few years when every rat in the world seemed eager to put the boot in .

The city of liverpool has plenty of people with good sense enough to know that one side in the city of Glasgow doesn't just have on field success but also pride , dignity and class .

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think Liverpool would be (generally) more aligned with us, while Everton would be (generally) more on the other side.

Knew guys who (when football was more organised on the home one week, away the next) would go to Anfield one week & Ibrox the next.

Lines maybe got blurred a bit with YNWA suggesting connections with 'Pool & the Scum, while there's been an active two way trade in players between us & Everton.

Never met a Toffees fan yet who hasn't 'thanked' me for letting them have Big Dunc!

Trevor Stevens

Gary Steven

Probably two of the finest players to grace Ibrox

Both signed from Everton

I heard a story there is a small chapel within Goodison.... Is this true?

Trevor Stevens

Gary Steven

Probably two of the finest players to grace Ibrox

Both signed from Everton

I heard a story there is a small chapel within Goodison.... Is this true?

Bang on about those two!

Had heard similar re chapel.

A quick Google reveals that St Luke's church is part of the ground, but is in fact Anglican.

Further, it seems that the club grew out of a connection with St Domingo's church, which was Methodist!

Yeah st Luke's at the corner of main stand and gwladys is Anglican and st Domingo fc were Methodist with one of the reasons liverpool were formed a row over drink .

Historically liverpool & everton aren't split simply on religious grounds .

I blame dem Beatles

Everton are tarrier bastards,Liverpool are a protestant club.

Religion is an issue in Glasgow. Nobody in the rest of the country supports football on this basis. No club in England is sectarian, which is disappointing to some of you but there you go. We support Everton because we support Everton. Presumably, the Kopites support Liverpool because they support Liverpool. Bigotry is here in Liverpool but it does not exist at the match. HTH