***The Official Alloa vs Rangers Match Thread***

Wearethepeople72

Suspect the pitch and the need to avoid injuries to key players may determine who starts. Can't see Boyd or Miller starting. Might not want to risk both Daly and Clark so one of them plus Shiels maybe. Templeton won't start. No Wallace so Foster is bound to be LB as there is nobody else. Jig, Moshni and McGregor would start. Can see Aird being dropped because of the pitch having just returned from injury and Peralta being given an outing. We've played them twice and not won yet so they'll be encouraged and its a cup game so they might as well have an even bigger go at beating us. That said we should have the measure of how they play by now because if we haven't then it really is God help us so I'll go for us sneaking a 1-0 scrappy win.

Russian roulette on what Rangers team runs out the tunnel.

It isn’t though, is it?

Let’s be honest the term “squad rotation” never enters the McCoist vocabulary.

He’ll churn out the same team week after week, give or take the odd injury or suspension and make the same predictable substitutions, regardless of result or performance.

McCann and Stubbs were discussing this briefly before the Kilmarnock game, Stubbs stating that he put an extra man in midfield against us specifically because of Ally’s predictable 4-4-2.

Ally has plan A, there is no other options in his locker, that’s why you never see him take notes during game, just standing there arms folded regardless of how the match is unfolding.

Send out a team that will win and get us to the final, end of. It is a trophy after all. As for the league we still have to play Hearts twice and two victories would make the title a real possibility, unless you think Hearts can win every other game this season.

It annoys me that while we should win this game easily but more than likely we will play the wrong tactics and try and use a sledgehammer to crack nut.

An early goal is a must to make Alloa open up. Wingers to the bye-line and ball into the box.

3-0 to us.

It annoys me that while we should win this game easily but more than likely we will play the wrong tactics and try and use a sledgehammer to crack nut.

4-4-2 as a concept is an extinct tactic in the modern game, yet despite this McCoist seems ensnared in his prehistoric views of the modern game.

Look across Europe teams are playing fast flowing, attractive, passing football within a 4-2-3-1 system and I look at the squad available to Ally and wonder why he has such a reluctance to deviate from his bland, predictable 4-4-2.

Take Chelsea as an example...... Now granted our players are light years behind their players in terms of class and ability, however for the level we are playing at curently, we from the players we have can mock up our own version of their sucessfull system…

Matic & Fabregas – The heart of the team, the enforcer and the brain, one capable of breaking up opposition attacks the other the conductor and architect. For me this describes Black and MacLeod perfectly. Black not the most gifted of players but he gives us that grit in the middle, the energy to close players down and break up play something Law for me lacks. MacLeod is our every own Cesc, quick footed, great touch and vision and the ability to control the pace of the game. For far too long Ally has undervalued him as a player, leaving him on the fringes of the game playing too wide were he can rarely make the impact he is capable of.

Hazard, Willian, Ocscar – Three players with pace, guile and the ability to get at teams. Again for me Aird, Templeton and Shiels, all show similar attributes and all 3 have the pace and ability to destroy any team in the Championship.

Costa – His role in the team is nothing more than a modern day poacher, yes he can hold the ball up from time to time but he’s in that team for one purpose, and one purpose only … to be clinical, something Chelsea were missing for the majority of last season.

We have our very poacher and clinical finisher in the form of Kris Boyd, get enough chances to him and he will replicate what he did for Kilmarnock last season and for us so successfully in seasons gone by.

4-4-2 as a concept is an extinct tactic in the modern game, yet despite this McCoist seems ensnared in his prehistoric views of the modern game.

Look across Europe teams are playing fast flowing, attractive, passing football within a 4-2-3-1 system and I look at the squad available to Ally and wonder why he has such a reluctance to deviate from his bland, predictable 4-4-2.

Take Chelsea as an example...... Now granted our players are light years behind their players in terms of class and ability, however for the level we are playing at curently, we from the players we have can mock up our own version of their sucessfull system…

Matic & Fabregas – The heart of the team, the enforcer and the brain, one capable of breaking up opposition attacks the other the conductor and architect. For me this describes Black and MacLeod perfectly. Black not the most gifted of players but he gives us that grit in the middle, the energy to close players down and break up play something Law for me lacks. MacLeod is our every own Cesc, quick footed, great touch and vision and the ability to control the pace of the game. For far too long Ally has undervalued him as a player, leaving him on the fringes of the game playing too wide were he can rarely make the impact he is capable of.

Hazard, Willian, Ocscar – Three players with pace, guile and the ability to get at teams. Again for me Aird, Templeton and Shiels, all show similar attributes and all 3 have the pace and ability to destroy any team in the Championship.

Costa – His role in the team is nothing more than a modern day poacher, yes he can hold the ball up from time to time but he’s in that team for one purpose, and one purpose only … to be clinical, something Chelsea were missing for the majority of last season.

We have our very poacher and clinical finisher in the form of Kris Boyd, get enough chances to him and he will replicate what he did for Kilmarnock last season and for us so successfully in seasons gone by.

:lol:

Wee Dean hazard ripping teams apart