Your Best Old Firm Experience

The 1962-63 Scottish Cup final replay when we beat Celtic 3-0. We should have scored 9 or 10 goals that day, but Baxter decided to take the piss out of them, instead of going for goals. The sight of the empty Celtic end will live with me forever.

BD posted a video of that game on Jim Hanbahs Rangers memorabelia page last week. What a game to be at and the guy commentating came out with this brilliant line 'And c****c cant seem to get anything right'! :lol:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 1st away at theirs was the 4-2 win and mendes belter, was on the phone giving running commentary to my brother while he was abroad. Also got a blow out on the 74 and a bus load of tims gave us some right stick the cunts. My 1st one was the l.c 1/4 final in 2004 extra time arveladze after prso equalised in 83rd minute or something, think it was a first win in about 2 years aswell and the place was buzzing! Still had to get bus back to Leeds then get up at 6.00 for work next morning.

Good times

too many to choose from but some memorable highlights for me, Bertie's thunderbolt all the sweeter after the cheers the mhanks gave him when his name was read out before kick-off, rubbing their noses in it in their own midden in 99 to clinch the league and then wee Rod clinching the treble against them about 3 weeks later, Edu's tap-in with seconds to go, Gabriel Amato's archer celebration, them hitting the bar in added time only for Gazza to score seconds later at the other end, The Hammer's free-kick then Erik Bo's late double to sink them on New Years day 96 (I think), Laudrup and Durie playing a one-two before lobbing the keeper in the semi of 98 but the favourite the last one at Ibrox when they came to party and win the league at ours. I have never heard them so quiet that day after we went in front what an atmosphere especially after Wallace slammed in the third, couldn't speak right for three days afterwards

My favourite game I wasn't actually at. The 5-1 game with Wilkins screamer. Was 8 years old and was the first time I felt properly passionate about an Old Firm game. Still love watching the highlights of the that game with the commentary....absolutely magnificent from Ray Wilkins.

There was a 3-3 draw that was just a great game of football, even though we didn't win. The 3-1 game with the Hammer's free kick was amazing too. He scored an amazing goal against them in the cup too, picked it up at the halfway line and beat half their team and nailed it in the top corner. Probably the best individual goal I've seen against them. There was so many great ones from the 9INR period though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLJEXZwlcVg

new year game, Bomber Brown coming on and firing the players up, then capping off with a goal in off the post, jumps the boards and we go mental, I was 15 had a couple of wee haufs off my brother for a bit of fire in the belly! It was my first new year game, only told my dad when we got back, needless to say he was rat arsed from the day and in a good spirits! he wasn't too fussed in the end.

another favourite is the Scottish cup final, Barry putting a free kick in the top corner and lovenkrands nicking it at the death amazing!!

The 73 cup final at hampdump my first old firm game didn't know I was going till my brother (who was driving a supporters bus) arrived at the house and told me to get my scarf

The atmosphere was amazing I had never been in such a crowd from where I was I could see big Tams foot put the 3rd in amazing I don't think the grin left my face for a week

WATP

1-0 away game back in '96.

The Prince scored the only goal, Gazza missed a penalty, Albertz missed a tonne of one on ones with the keeper and van Vossen missed an open goal, before the Goalie saved a late penalty to win us the game, we went mental! Don't think I could have a more fun night of live football if I tried.

This.

The 2003 CIS cup final was probably one of the best for me, I got back from home Tenerife that morning still MWI and to take that two nil lead every cunt was bouncing, before they had a bit of a fight back, but TLB getting the red and fat hartson missing a last minute penalty was fucking brilliant.

All of mine are at the Piggery

Ne'rdy Game in 1992 - Celtic 1-3 Rangers (Bomber daisycutter)

Ne'rdy Game in 1994 - Celtic 2-4 Rangers (3 up after 30 mins)

Coca Cola Cup in 1995 Celtic 0-1 Rangers (McCoist in first game after it got rebuilt)

League game in 1995 Celtic 0-2 Rangers (Gazza breakaway)

League Game in 1996 Celtic 0-1 Rangers (Laudrup after O'Neill slipped on his arse)

Too many to pick from, I'll go for my first League cup final I attended against them with my da and his friends when wee Doddie scored the winner in 76 and the last minute winner from Lovenkrands in the Scottish.

Maybe not the most glamorous match I've seen but back in the late sixties on the eve of the new years game with "them", we had a number of players injured , captain John Greig included, and just like today we were a bit anxious of the outcome, it was freezing hard that night and to help things along ,measures were taken to aid the ref in deciding to postpone the game,(that's another story,) shock horror, there had been abig change in the weather through the night and the pitch was in great condition, lo and behold we went out and played them off the park, winning 2-0 and the star man that day was Bobby Watson standing in for Greigy, I thought of that game with this game coming up and just maybe history could repeat itself !.