Your Best Old Firm Experience

Aged 10, august Celtic park 1980, Celtic 1 Rangers 2 Bett and Miller scored in the last minute, was an amazing experience, I was 18 nearly 19 when we beat them again there again 2-1 and Spotty Joe Miller missed a penalty.

Other games 3-2 Lovenkrands scottish cup final, 4-4 Ibrox 1984, and the 5-1 August 88 ( happy birthday celtic and 4-1 jan 89, great experience, teddy bears picnic both games

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Copland .Will never forget my first OF away win there with Alex Miller blasting in a screamer 1980. It was in the last minute of play and it brought the house down.

Like you, I was a young boy. That day will live with me till the very end.. Sadly a distant memory for many of us.

And incredibly another 9 years until we eventually did it again .So hard to believe

Favourite all time OF moments:

1. Lovenkrands last minute winner in the cup final

2. Final whistle of the last game of the 9 in a row season at the piggery.

3. Neil McCann rounding Kerr to tap it into an empty net to wrap up the title at the piggery.

4. Edu last minute winner.

5. Being 4-1 up at the Piggery in 2008 and just ripping the piss.

6. Albertz running half the length of the pitch before cracking it into the top corner in the semi final of the Scottish cup in 1998 to put us in the final. Some celebrations that day, place went bonkers.

Aged 10, august Celtic park 1980, Celtic 1 Rangers 2 Bett and Miller scored in the last minute, was an amazing experience, I was 18 nearly 19 when we beat them again there again 2-1 and Spotty Joe Miller missed a penalty.

Other games 3-2 Lovenkrands scottish cup final, 4-4 Ibrox 1984, and the 5-1 August 88 ( happy birthday celtic and 4-1 jan 89, great experience, teddy bears picnic both games

Was tempted to go for the Miller goal as I was there and it was the first time we had won there for a while but simply cannot see beyond the title win at the piggery even though I only saw it on the box

Was tempted to go for the Miller goal as I was there and it was the first time we had won there for a while but simply cannot see beyond the title win at the piggery even though I only saw it on the box

Those of us old enough to remember the Miller goal will also remember how it was to stand surrounded by bears in a whole end of that ground and give it the full repertoire

First old game at Ibrox, 1-1 draw, Hemdani last minute winner, madness.

First old firm game at Parkhead, 1-1, they pummelled us and Big Lee steps up with the equaliser right after they go ahead!

Two draws, who'd have thought :lol:

Well I have been to the piggery twice and yet to see us score, Well my first game there was the one where wallace scored but wasnt allowed beat 1-0 in 2012, favorite old firm has to be the 3-2 win when they came to win the title, We outclassed them for 80 mins that day, Was in with the blue order as well unreal heat for end of March, The sun truly shone on us that day. beng 19 is shite many more memories to come following the famous and beating the scum, First in 12 days time

the last OF game, was the day before my birthday and my dad managed to get 5 tickets, so I went with my girlfriend at the time, good few drinks before so was buzzing at the game, the scum were sure they were going to win the league at Ibrox, and we turned them over, brilliant atmosphere and a brilliant performance, brilliant day overall, will remember it for many a year.

Edus 93rd minute goal was some day too.

The 1962-63 Scottish Cup final replay when we beat Celtic 3-0. We should have scored 9 or 10 goals that day, but Baxter decided to take the piss out of them, instead of going for goals. The sight of the empty Celtic end will live with me forever.

Outstanding Minst some epic History by an absolute class footballer of the highest calibre.

He was amazing.

Every single win against them is fantastic, hard to pick

But one that comes to mind is the Jelavic winner in the final, my seat was right next to they manky bastards so when it went in I don't think I've ever went so crazy in my life, and the looks on their raging coupons was priceless.

There's a few for me.

Rangers 3-0 Celtic 2007 (Novo x2 and Ferguson) - my first ever Old Firm game and we were fantastic that day.

Celtic 2-4 Rangers 2008 (Miller x2, Mendes and Cousin) - my first ever (and only) victory at the tattiedome. Once again we were immense that day and in all honesty the scoreline flattered them. They never had 2 goals in them. Mendes goal was unbelievable but also cheering when Nakamura scored was funny too.

Edu's last minute goal was also a really great occasion even if I nearly had a mild stroke celebrating it.

3-2 game at Ibrox after admin was hugely important.

edu last minute.ended up about 2 rows infront of me. the title party at the piggery after were won the league that year, just a 90 minute singsong. jelavic extra time , 3_2 game to stop them winning the league. mcullochs equalizer at the piggery aswell . its really is hard to narrow its down to just 1

My best ones have already picked , so go for my first game against them which was League Cup Final in 1975 where wee Doddie scored the only goal of the game.

Also coincided with the first time I saw Rangers lift a major trophy.