Your Best Old Firm Experience

Edu's last minute goal for me. I have never experienced emotion quite like that before. Unbelievable.

I was also there when Jelavic scored that cheeky goal.

Possibly this for me too.

The ones from the late 80s were brilliant too, the 5-1 and 4-1 games. That was around the time I was really properly beginning to understand what the OF game meant and getting well into it, even as a young whipper-snapper. Awesome games. The 5-1 one especially. Also the last minute winner from Mo Johnstone.

OK, lets say, in order (naming each after the player I associate most with the game!)...

5-1 Wilkins (or Andrews :lol:)

1-0 Edu

4-1 Walters (or Rogan :lol: )

1-0 Johnston

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3-0 October '86. My very first Old Firm match, with my late father and uncle. It wasn't televised, but WVB found an old bit of shakey footage from a handheld VHS camcorder in the Govan Rear,

Here it is.

Probably the biggest 3-0 gubbing we've given anyone. Ted McMinn was superb that day.

If it's the game I'm thinking of, Durrant and Derek Ferguson were immense.

Yeah think they had just broke through .

The performance came out of nowhere as we were pretty poor at that time. In fact , think Motherwell beat us the next week !

Maybe not the most glamorous match I've seen but back in the late sixties on the eve of the new years game with "them", we had a number of players injured , captain John Greig included, and just like today we were a bit anxious of the outcome, it was freezing hard that night and to help things along ,measures were taken to aid the ref in deciding to postpone the game,(that's another story,) shock horror, there had been abig change in the weather through the night and the pitch was in great condition, lo and behold we went out and played them off the park, winning 2-0 and the star man that day was Bobby Watson standing in for Greigy, I thought of that game with this game coming up and just maybe history could repeat itself !.

When was this mate .I can't remember Gers beating beggars 2-0 in late 60s

Scottish Cup Final 2002

Going behind twice and pulling it back! Remember Ferguson drilling one against the post and thinking it just wasn't gonna be our day before he scored a 'Beckham-esk' free kick! 2-2 going into injury time, then on the attack before we break, McCann puts it in early and with one of the weirdest headed goad iv ever seen we had took the lead for he first time and won the cup!

Never seen their end empty so quickly!!

No contest for me when it comes to happiness at the end of a game. 2-0 down at half time and well second best. You can only guess what big Jock said to them in the dressing room. Came out and won 3-2. All the more fun with the old terraces.

No contest for me when it comes to happiness at the end of a game. 2-0 down at half time and well second best. You can only guess what big Jock said to them in the dressing room. Came out and won 3-2. All the more fun with the old terraces.

The saddest thing about this game .There is no footage of the game,the goals anywhere .It was a classic in the pissing rain ..Comeback from the dead but only in the memories of those that were there in 1977

Aye, other news elsewhere, boring news.

Here is a good question of the good days, ones of which i have no doubts we will return to soon, although not quickly.

Beating them, thousands upon thousands roaring at bad decisions, goals and most of all, the get it up yee reactions :thumbup:

Here is one i remember in particular, one me and my 3 mates went to ( 2 from the usa ) and they fucking adored it. made them switch from us football fans to the real stuff - albeit im no sure if they still watch!

Any you lot remember in particular?

Also - 2:10 in on that video, try not to cry! :ph34r:

That ignorant bastard practically ignored Sandy.

The 2011 League Cup was one of the best for me mainly because we were up against it and they expected to steamroller us and then we turned up and played them off the park for most of the game.

Others must be the title win at the San Giro, the Lovenkrands Cup Final, Ally's tears in 1998 and that game in 1996/97 when Laudrup scored, Van Vossen missed a sitter and The Goalie's save from Van Hooijdonk.

Im sure ive asked this and got an ansewer before but ive forgot.

My earliest memory if Ibrox is an OF game, I was in the Main Stand next to the scum in the Broomloan, this mustve been abt 20 years ago as I was only 4 or 5 and we were shouting "McStay missed a penalty!" over and over, anyone know what game it would be? I think it was a night time game IIRC.

Im sure ive asked this and got an ansewer before but ive forgot.

My earliest memory if Ibrox is an OF game, I was in the Main Stand next to the scum in the Broomloan, this mustve been abt 20 years ago as I was only 4 or 5 and we were shouting "McStay missed a penalty!" over and over, anyone know what game it would be? I think it was a night time game IIRC.

think the game you attended was the famous 3_3 1995 game where Goran played a blinder its on you tube deffo worth a watch , I'm sure it was a late kick off Sunday , mc stay I'm sure was getting Pelter's because Celtic failing to win a trophy in years missed the penalty that gave Raith Rovers the cup :)

The 2002 Scottish Cup Final. I was sobbing my eyes out when Peter Lovenkrands scored the winner - last minute, so there was no way they were going to come back. In person, the last-minute goal from Mo Edu at Ibrox. I've never seen the Broomloan empty as quickly as that!

Decades of memories so I should really struggle to pick one...........but,I don't!

Winning the league at their place(and by a GIRFUY 3-0!) easily tops my list.

The whole day from meeting up in Bri'g'ton trying to get tickets,hopes getting built up then let down(more than once!),being resigned to watching the game in the boozer........

By that time we were in the "Keystane". Word spread that some guy had got blank tickets with the filths letter heading on them but no dates,opponents,design, fuck all(no idea,btw........never asked!). He had an "office" in the khasi armed with a highliter pen and the hand dryer.

In they days,their tickets had a marbled effect. This fuckin Glesga' genius was going over the tickets with a yellow h/liter pen then blasting it with the air from the hand dryer to spread it randomly across the ticket (like snowflakes,no 2 tickets were the same!).

In true Bear fashion he was handing them out free of charge(the guy could have made a mint) with the statement "Lets flood the shithole with troops"................we did!!

The rest is a big part of our proud history.