Have You Ever Left A Game Early?

The Widow's Son

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember leaving one game at Tyncastle years ago

We were 2 up at half time and it was pissin it down. At that time there was no roof behind the goals and we were drookit.

anyway me and my mate went to the boozers at half time (which was rammed with bears) only to watch the updates on teletext on the pub t.v. - yes, i am ancient!

That wee fat bassa Robbo scored twice in the 2nd half fir the draw......... gutted i was, mind u we were pretty good in those days

Only time I've ever left Ibrox early was the hibs game. So disgusted at that first 35 minutes and it was obvious we were not going to turn it round. The team did not deserve support that night to be honest

At that Game 2 of my young grandchildren wanted to leave at half time I said no we don't do walking away.However after 80 minutes I decided to leave as I didn't want them scared for life. One of them has just been selected as Mascot for the QOTS game. Just as well they never selected the 5 year old as he would have told them Rangers are rubbish. Unfortunately I can't disagree with him.

Only game I can remember is when we got beat off St Johnstone 4-1, it was cold and snowing. Was right down the front and it was fucking miserable.

Sat through a couple of pumpings including OF's, looking back you think why did I bother? :lol:

Yes!, that was fucking horrendous :lol:

First away game in 4 years was against QOS the Friday night game. Lasted 20 mins and couldn't face staying. Minus 3 and a goal down. Pub for me . Never used to be like that though. I used to give the subway loyal abuse lol

Once. Unirea Urziceni (fuck knows if that's how you spell it) in the Champions League. We got absolutely pumped and were rotten and I was done watching it. Usually make a point of staying, but that one was obviously too much.

I'm a wee bit ashamed by this, but I'll be honest, I left the Etihad Stadium crying my eyes out as soon as Zenit scored their second.

The only way I can describe it is, for me, as if I was watching my own mother taking a kicking, not being unable to do anything about it.

You couldn't even imagine the guilt I felt as I walked away from the stadium, Follow, Follow being the only thing that could be heard coming from the stadium behind me.

I wasn't the only one, though, there were hundreds who left the UEFA Cup final early and on a plus note, I bumped into Frank Lampard as a result.

Apart from that, I never leave early.

when going week in week out in the late 60s/70s never left early. final whistle then down to Kai,s till about 7 always a good sing song in there. bus into city centre couple in the old matt reids then the bus home. was always a possibility of a boxing match at the bus station though.