"rebuild Relationships With Scottish Football" : Dave King

You would have to be monumentally thick of you believe he should come out immediately making statements criticising the governing bodies and other teams before he has passed the fit and proper "tests"

Or maybe it's just an easy excuse to to criticise him because he's not Mike Ashley?

See that kind of comment - it really pisses me off.

It suggests that the anger over King's comments are purely down to people being Ashley supporters - when nothing could be further from the truth.

Other unhelpful terms cropping up in the wider debate on this are "childish grudges" and "being at war". There is absolutely nothing childish about being angry at the level of malevolence and hatred shown towards our club when it was on its knees. Furthermore no-one is saying we have to be "at war" - why cant we have a state akin to what some older bears will recognise as "detente"?

I think what many of us feel is that our club, the victims of so much malevolence and injustice, should not be initiating conciliation with the perpetrators of that injustice.

What do some want us to say?

"Sorry for being the victim of the fraud and corporate rape perpetrated against our club.

Sorry for running with EBT's even though they were perfectly legal.

"Oh and now we are showing the remorse, which you accused us of failing to display, even though we did"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18365480

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I'd like us to become a footballing island. Shut ourselves off, turn up to games, do the obligatory meetings and interviews with no laughing/joking/pretend getting along. Fight every unfair decision without vitriol. Don't get dragged into debates, just say our piece and leave. Fans go to away games but don't spend a penny on pies or pints in the ground. I don't mean become a whipping boy, far from it, I mean cut out all the friendly ties. Become 100% business. Don't do any favours and expect none in return. Politely decline the use of our stadium for anything besides our own games. Adapt a philosophy of coaching/training/scouting that is as professional as it can possibly be and win so many games that it doesn't matter when dodgy refs give penalties to the opposition. Officially refute every attack against our club within 24 hours but calmly and sternly without any interviews to the rags. In fact no talking to the rags at all other than pure facts at a bare minimum. Quietly cut ties to all explayers who do talk to them. No tea and biscuits for journos who have to come over the threshold of ibrox. Just in then out. No dinner invites for anyone who has ever attacked our club. Whenever anyone tries to drag us into telling them why we've made a decision, politely refuse to respond. Whenever the spl ask us to send a rep or player for some publicity event, politely refuse. Whenever anyone from another team asks for vip tickets, explain we are already at capacity. Whenever a player gets a Scotland call up explain they aren't friends and over familiarity will be frowned upon. Don't contribute to any organisation or scheme that brings us into association with any other Scottish team. Build on our friendly ties with other British and European teams. Talk to other UK and continental press more than anyone within two hundred miles. Don't loan players to anyone in the top tier. No laughing and joking with opposition in the tunnel or after the game. Don't pay money for players from opposition teams. Only pre-contracts. Assume every invite, discussion or proposal is designed to harm us and politely refuse them all. Give them not one inch without ever coming down to their level.

^^^ this!! I absolutely fucking love this!!!

I remember many saying they would never forgive or forget.

Seems some have forgotten already.

I remember many saying they would never attend a match against any of the SPL cabal...

It's not as simple as forgetting and forgiving(never happen). Our club has to be back at the forefront of Scottish football. To do that we have to engage with it.

Building relationships has to be a 2 way thing, unless we get the apologies etc. we deserve, they can fuck off with that pish.

I'm all for bridge building but not ass licking.

Bang on,we need to get some of our men in key positions to stop lieswell controlling

I remember many saying they would never attend a match against any of the SPL cabal...

It's not as simple as forgetting and forgiving(never happen). Our club has to be back at the forefront of Scottish football. To do that we have to engage with it.

Are you suggesting that in splendid isolation, between the fans and the current regime we cant put ourselves back at the forefront of Scottish football?

Nobody is suggesting a lack of engagment - we appear determined to polarise this debate.

But until a full and public apology is tendered for the various injustices heaped upon our club then we should not go seeking peace or reconciliation with those who perpetrated that injustice.

Dave King and Co can make their own choices and probably will regardless of what the majority of fans think.The one thing that imo every Rangers fan should do is stay away from the grounds of those who tried to destroy our club and cripple them that way.There shouldn't be a Rangers fan turning up at any of those clubs fuck them let them rot as far as im concerned.

Well a section of fans boycotted their own club for whatever their reasons but some of the same fans were willing to go to the grounds of clubs who tried to destroy us,makes no sense to me.

That's the laughable part, they have done more damage to Rangers than their enemies and even helped them out financially while starving Rangers life saving money. As a matter of fact they have been bridge building for the last 3 years.

Dave King and Co can make their own choices and probably will regardless of what the majority of fans think.The one thing that imo every Rangers fan should do is stay away from the grounds of those who tried to destroy our club and cripple them that way.There shouldn't be a Rangers fan turning up at any of those clubs fuck them let them rot as far as im concerned.

This is the way to hurt these bastards.

He's won, barring a disaster, fair enough, i didnt want him, a lot didnt, but im willing to give him a chance to sort something out

However one thing he must, and i truly mean MUST, is take back this recent part of his latest statement

The above quote hasnt been taken out of context, nothing has changed, thats Kings point word for word from todays statement

Sorry Dave but are you having a fucking laugh, for over a decade now Scottish football has tried to boot the utter shite out of us, the ordinary fan tried as much as they could to hold the front line but unfortunately our successive regimes have done nothing to back us up

We have sat back and watched as scottish football, led by a rabid tarrier team of snakes and villains, have kicked, punched, raped, pillaged and plundered our club for anything they could get their hands on

They took our money, they took our freedoms, they took our stature in the game away from us all because they didnt like us, we did nothing wrong, we were simply better than the rest and that didnt go down well, so the rest banded together to bend us over and shaft us dry, and they succeeded

Do you, Dave King, think for one second that the SPL spits, gave two fucks about scottish football when they banished us to the arse end of scottish football

do you think cunts like Lawwell, Thompson, Romanov ironic, Petrie, MIlne and the rest of the chairman in scottish football even remotely considered Rangers Football Club when they all took turns to kick into us when HMRC left us battered and bloody in the gutter

I know you wish to make a good start to your Rangers career this time around, but for the love of god treat scottish football as they have treated us, if not we will be continually walked all over as long as it suits other

Fuck Regan

Fuck Doncaster

Fuck Lawwell

Fuck Thompson

Fuck the rest, we are Rangers, we dont talk to anyone anymore

Well said that man.

Are you suggesting that in splendid isolation, between the fans and the current regime we cant put ourselves back at the forefront of Scottish football?

Nobody is suggesting a lack of engagment - we appear determined to polarise this debate.

But until a full and public apology is tendered for the various injustices heaped upon our club then we should not go seeking peace or reconciliation with those who perpetrated that injustice.

Appeasement after appeasement has left us weak and impoverished. And it is precisely this attitude that allowed us to be fucked over in the first place. Goes to show how many fans still don't know the extent of sheer hatred directed at us during our darkest hours. Petrie, Milne, Thompson, Hutton, Reagan, Liewell...they all tried their best to utterly ruin us. And now Murray and King want to go cap in hand to them...makes me fucking sick at the thought.

We engage on our terms not theirs. It was always that way hence why we ruled Scottish Football on and off the park.

Remember, this is the man who still has to pass the SFA "fit and proper" test.

Do you really think it would be wise to come in on a white stallion, singing TBB and telling everyone we were gonna get revenge?

Use your heads, lads. Do you maybe not think he might just be blowing smoke up their arse until he gets in?

I remember many saying they would never forgive or forget.

Seems some have forgotten already.

Spot on D'art.

Shameful some want us to bow to these corrupt wankers again, no wonder we get walked over by them...fucking deserve it with some of these comments.

You're a smart guy. I'm sure you have had to work alongside people you disliked, maybe even despised.

Its not about dignified silence or kissing arses. It's about making sure we are never in a position to get fucked over by the rest who would gladly fuck themselves just to hurt us.

I stand up for what I believe in.

Maybe you can go crawling back looking for a wee pat on the head, good for you.

Won't be me, The SFA and the like can take a flying fuck to themselves.

Have they apologised to us?

Didn't think so.