Jig Article - It's Time To Move Lee Mcculloch Out Of Defense

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ability ffs what ability does McCulloch have, zinging 40 yard passes over the park, endless running, the vision to pick out team mates in threatening positions, the drive to take players on from the half way line and play his way into goal scoring positions on the edge of their box. No none of these my friend he cant even marshall his team to keep a 2 goal advantage against part time teams like Alloa so spare me the comparison if thats what you were trying to do with players such as Pirlo.

Ability ffs what ability does McCulloch have, zinging 40 yard passes over the park, endless running, the vision to pick out team mates in threatening positions, the drive to take players on from the half way line and play his way into goal scoring positions on the edge of their box. No none of these my friend he cant even marshall his team to keep a 2 goal advantage against part time teams like Alloa so spare me the comparison if thats what you were trying to do with players such as Pirlo.

I think he was implying if a player is good enough to play ahead of younger players the age doesn't matter........however Mcculloch is old and has nothing in his locker to put him anywhere near the starting 11. It's not like he is a fantastic captain who motivates and inspires the team which makes up for the fact that he's past it, he's a terrible captain as well.

I reiterate I don't think McCall will drop him, so if he isn't dropped where can he be that causes the least amount of damage to the team? On the sideline receiving treatment for the full 90 mins as we play with 10 men?

See everybody who is calling for McCulloch's head, are you saying because you have genuinely dissected his performances or because you know there's something wrong with the team and have heard others criticising him?

I'm not a defender of Jig, in fact until recently I've been as negative about him as others but when I stopped to think about it I wondered how much my opinion was based on a critique of the guy and how much was based on the barrage of abuse heading his way influencing my opinion.

I think the entire team is f*cked and maybe he's taking the brunt of the abuse.

McCoist adopted this "tactic" whereby we just passed the ball around from side to side until one of the plumbers/warehousemen etc. in the 2nd/3rd Division made a mistake near the end of the game and we took advantage, like a slow-motion Barca. The players are still trying this God awful tactic but all that happens now is that we give the better teams more time to get their formation sorted making them almost impossible for us to breakdown.

Jig is a terrible culprit of this but I don't think by removing him the team is somehow going to be miraculously different.

That being said, however, I do think our central defence should be McGregor and Zaliukas. Whether there is then room for Jig in midfield I don't know. We definitely need someone who can put in a challenge in the midfield because that on Tuesday was pitiful.

I'll start by saying he should never be anywhere near CB because he simply isnt one, he hasnt a clue about playing the position and its a prime example of how Ally was only ever interested in the next game. Its a joke that potentially a few months away from Premier league football Lee McCulloch is still Rangers centre half. Id have rather we atleast gave some of the boys like Gasparotto some experience n game time to find out if theyll ever be good enough. And i feel sorry for any of the centre halfs that have been unfortunate enough to have to try n play along side him. He causes and has caused alot more goals against than many realise simply because he doesnt know where to be and when to be there. Davie Weir walked through games simply because he knew where to be. And he knew when to push the team up the park, we play 30 yards back because he doesnt know how to move the team, one of the biggest things you need to do at the back. Rangers man or not, first things first he should get to fuck out of centre half.

Secondly, i cant for the life of me understand how a team seriously lacking urgency needs a guy that cant play a forward pass, aye he can play nice wee balls to the side or long 50yarders out to his fullbacks, but its to go nowhere and hes not clever enough to adjust his game, and he wont ever see a pass. Add to that he cant fuckin tackle, would it not be better to just try, i dunno, dropping him? Naw, shoehorn him in at CDM n drop a young boy that actually looks half decent, while we're at it why dont we ditch Walsh for a shite left back at left mid in Stevie Smith.

Id have played Faure at CB before him there you go.

Don't think he should be playing now his legs have gone the same as Miller and Daley. He was never a centre half but could do the job as a tem measure in the 3rd division . The reason we still have him there was down to McCoists lack of ability to identify other centre halfs and and unwillingness to give the younger centre backs a chance particularly at the end of last season.

When McCall took over it was the perfect time to depose McCulloch as Club captain and give it to someone like Wallace.

He shouldn't be moved out of defence, but out of the Club.

God forbid he should be offered a new contract, but if it were to happen it would prove little has changed at Rangers.

The deadwood must go.