Jig Article - It's Time To Move Lee Mcculloch Out Of Defense

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely cannot stand the guy and despise seeing him not only play but captain the team.

I said when mccall was appointed that I was not going to allow myself to look at things with any positivity until I had seen his team selections. So far they have been nothing short of predictable and uninspiring. If he doesn't show some balls and make the decisions that need to be made he will be out in his arse in no time and he will have no one to blame but himself. His short spell at the club will have been nothing more than a waste of time and even more money.

Drop the useless fucker "jig" and give yourself a fighting chance Stuart.

Video not playing for me, but if McCall really thinks he can get anything positive out of playing Jig, then we are doomed. I'm happy giving McCall time to get to grips with the squad, but if he things Jig has any place on the pitch he is f-ing blind.

My personal opinion is that McCulloch should be utilised up-front.

McCulloch is now fairly immoble, but perhaps he can utilise his physical strength and shooting power in this position.

No, just no. We have a slow leaky defence, a non existent midfield and a misfiring front line. Don't add immobile as well to the.attack. On Tuesday he had a shot from about 9 yrds out that went out for a shy. The only forward line he should be in is one that contains him and Daly, and just punt the Ball up to them from Bell. We have no midfield, so maybe this is the only plan.................

McCall

"Of course the captain is a leader but we need more leaders on the pitch, . Going back to my day we had seven, eight or nine captains on the pitch.

The captain is always important but it doesn't mean to say he is undroppable as was suggested so he needs to lead from the front. But we need to all be captains and take responsibility."

It's time to move him OUT - FOR GOOD!

If McCall persists with McCulloch in the team - whatever his posItion - he will lose all credibility.

Its your future McCall - do you really want to stake it on McCulloch?

Hopefully he will drop McCulloch against Hivs ang give someone else a chance.

I really hope you're right mate........but I doubt it. I just don't see McCall dropping McCulloch.

Hope I'm wrong though.

Video not playing for me, but if McCall really thinks he can get anything positive out of playing Jig, then we are doomed. I'm happy giving McCall time to get to grips with the squad, but if he things Jig has any place on the pitch he is f-ing blind.

Yeah I don't get it, what is it with managers not being able to drop a player that is done and costs us goals week after week. 99% of the fans want him dropped but why don't the managers?

Even at 36 it's apparent his passion and experience are still useful on the pitch...

Must have missed all the leading by example and rallying his troops. Assuming he's not sitting too deep to be able to actually

catch up with them at the time.

He's too busy hugging the biggest cunt of them all at half time when we are losing. What an inspiration.

tbh, you don't need to have a sitting midfielder against them, what would be better is if we had a mobile enough back line to play high up the pitch meaning our two guys in the centre of midfield could press them in a small area - the problem is that we've got about 40 yards between the midfield and defence because they sit so far back, and it allows hibs too much time and space coming at our back line - one holding midfielder will still be over-run in there all day long because they are totally isolated, until we start playing a decent line and pressing games all over the park we will always let the opposition have too much room in the middle of the park

Why people continue to fail to see this really is beyond me. Against plumbers and posties we continued to play with two

fucking holding midfielders when many of our opponents had been putting in a shift before a game, instead of developing

an actual style of football. Hamstrung because we have to sit so deep due to Captain Fantastic.

As for people wanting him put in as DCM; the only possible validation being it would get him the fuck out of our defense; however,

people think he is actually a good option there? :anguish:

Three years ago playing in the SPL he couldn't get near the midfield of half our opponents to get a tackle made in the first place. I think

the time elapsed has warped peoples memory. That aside, as everything seemed to need to go through him going forward, he slowed our

counter / attacking play down to a fucking snails pace. Turning circle of the Ark Royal.