Vanguard Bears Statement On Bigotry Within Snp!

BLUEDIGNITY

I take it you never read the original post.

The intention is to smear all SNP supporters as anti-protestant / pro-republican.

Yes, the guys a idiot slagging off Rangers on a football forum if he intended to stand as an MP in the future. He should have known it would come back to bite him in the arse.

Although to be fair it was back in 2007.

This was the actual comment on Scott Brown:

Writing as ‘spikeybhoy’ on the Kerrydale Street forum, Mr O’Hara said: ‘For those worried about the fee, think of it as £3.5million for the player and £1million to shove it up the H***. A great piece of business!’

I'm able to give him the benefit of the doubt that it wasn't meant in any sectarian way - it just looks like football banter to me.

I've been called a h** bastard a hundred times by friends who support the other lot. And I've given the same back. Not once has it been meant as 'proddy'.

I'm not even religious anyway. That alone will probably have me down as a traitor by the likes of you - Celtic supporting mates..

And by the way, that wasn't even an SNP rally on that video. It was Tommy Sheridan's 'hope over fear' mob. The SNP wanted nothing to do with him.

Yes, there are a few zoomers clapping away, but there are plenty more just standing there bemused by it all.

Personally, I don't have time for any of these marches on either side. I prefer to live in the 21st century.

And I don't care what team my MP supports, end of story.

If you've been called a h** bastard hundreds of times and dismiss this as "banter" remember your party has jailed Rangers supporters for the same "banter"

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll be voting SNP this time.

I never took the word 'h**' as meaning protestant. It was always just anti-Rangers abuse.

I've never heard it applied to protestants in general in real life.

I always thought it was came from Rangers = Gers = Germans = H***

It just seems totally backwards basing your vote on what team a candidate supports.

It would be the same for those who say they won't vote Labour because Jim Murphy is an celtic fan.

Absolutely pathetic reason. I won't be voting for his party simply because they are sell-outs.

The whole sectarian abuse laws need to be repealed though. Things like this just show how ridiculous it is in trying to draw the line.

But its not the biggest issue in this election.

So why do they refer to fans of other clubs, most notably Hearts, as "h*** without a bus fare" or "mini h***" ?

Sickening! I've not lived full time in Scotland for about 23 years and tend to just fly up once or twice a month now as needed and I just can't get my head around how the SNP have gained such popularity and control! It just doesnt make sense to me!!

Why?

Because I'm not religious?

Because I can separate football from politics?

How many of those actually shouting about 'anti-protestant' abuse actually go to church ?

If someone calls me a h** bastard, it's water off a ducks back, just football banter.

If someone isn't going to vote SNP because they don't want further powers for Scotland, then fair enough.

That's a genuine reason. But this fake outrage is nonsense and everyone knows it.

I don't give 2 shits about what team my MP supports.

You also don't give a shit that the taigs spinned the word h** onto us after being banned to play football within the Glasgow boundary for a period of tme, for pro nazi chants resulting in us singing the chant "go home you h*** go home".

I never thought I would see the day that we would allow the Tricolour and Starry Plough to be paraded in Glasgow. As for the SNP republicans they will drop their drawers for votes. Well they should be aware that they are leading Scotland down the road of the Free State in 1916.

The free state the you refer to is totally corrupt just like Scotland will become if these people get their way.

So thats the line been trotted out "

And by the way, that wasn't even an SNP rally on that video. It was Tommy Sheridan's 'hope over fear' mob. The SNP wanted nothing to do with him". It wisnae us it was somebody else that talked like us, dressed like us, wore the same colours as us but it definately wasnt snp. And anyway if it was it was only a handful of zoomers. Thats beyond ridiculous, if you cant see in that video snp supporters cheering and encouraging a republican march you are in serious denial of reality. Personally I dont care too much what way you vote but lets not pretend that these scenes are a false representation of what has happened

I'll be voting SNP this time.

I never took the word 'h**' as meaning protestant. It was always just anti-Rangers abuse.

I've never heard it applied to protestants in general in real life.

I always thought it was came from Rangers = Gers = Germans = H***

It just seems totally backwards basing your vote on what team a candidate supports.

It would be the same for those who say they won't vote Labour because Jim Murphy is an celtic fan.

Absolutely pathetic reason. I won't be voting for his party simply because they are sell-outs.

The whole sectarian abuse laws need to be repealed though. Things like this just show how ridiculous it is in trying to draw the line.

But its not the biggest issue in this election.

Maybe you can explain why Celtic fans sing "go home ya h***" to Hearts, Motherwell, Kilmarnock and Dundee?

are you really a Rangers fan?

Sickening! I've not lived full time in Scotland for about 23 years and tend to just fly up once or twice a

month now as needed and I just can't get my head around how the SNP have gained such popularity and control! It just doesnt make sense to me!!

I'm sorry but you did just make me smile. You haven't lived here for 23 years...

All I can go on is my own personal experience.

I've only ever seen the word as an anti-Rangers insult. People calling me it know I don't care about religion.

It's just back and forward football banter, that I can brush off.

I get the point about double standards. The whole abuse laws are bullshit.

It just leads to nonsense like this arguing over what words mean these days.

At the end of the day, the whole issue should be handled under existing breach of the peace laws.

I think the intention was good to be seen to make an effort to stamp out sectarian bigotry. Hasn't worked though.

It should be self-policing, with judges left to draw the line between banter, and genuine bigotry and hatred, or stuff that could provoke a riot.

To be honest, in this case it just looks like a bit of banter to me.

I doubt I'm the only one who sees it that way.

I'm sorry but you did just make me smile. You haven't lived here for 23 years...

nope - just fly up on a Saturday or Sunday morning and back South on a Sunday night! Still have my ST's but finding it harder to justify them although my cousin thinks I should renew again as he uses them more than me!

Outside of a night in the pub, a black pudding supper (cos you cant get that down south) and seeing my old mum for a few hours - i dont see much else of Glasgow nowadays! Even my memories of scottish telly are Take the High Road, Thingumyjig and Scotch & Wry! It may be a generation thing but I just dont see how the SNP have managed to get themselves into such a position of control and why if only 45% (whatever it was) supported their push for Independence do we now have polls saying that they have over 55% of Scotland voting for them!

I smell shite!

nope - just fly up on a Saturday or Sunday morning and back South on a Sunday night! Still have my ST's but finding it harder to justify them although my cousin thinks I should renew again as he uses them more than me!

Outside of a night in the pub, a black pudding supper (cos you cant get that down south) and seeing my old mum for a few hours - i dont see much else of Glasgow nowadays! Even my memories of scottish telly are Take the High Road, Thingumyjig and Scotch & Wry! It may be a generation thing but I just dont see how the SNP have managed to get themselves into such a position of control and why if only 45% (whatever it was) supported their push for Independence do we now have polls saying that they have over 55% of Scotland voting for them!

I smell shite!

It's because 'No' voters are voting for them also. Nicola is far more inclusive than Salmond, and she says this election isn't a vote for independence.

It's about more powers within Britain. Most people I know want that.

And Labour are seen as sell-outs. Tories-Lite. A bunch of old dinosaurs who have had their time.

It's because 'No' voters are voting for them also. Nicola is far more inclusive than Salmond, and she says this election isn't a vote for independence.

And Labour are seen as sell-outs. Tories-Lite. A bunch of old dinosaurs who have had their time.

"Nicola is more inclusive"

Fuck off you brainless twat. You're voting for a xenophobic, bigoted party with nothing more to offer that nationalistic sentiment.

And there's nothing progressive about Nationalism. People all over Europe will tell you exactly what nationalism does. It separates, divides, alienates and causes bitterness and resentment.

The fact you quote Sturgeon like she's a reputable source says it all about you. Prick.

Your gullible mate. this election is all about independence, every vote for the SNP makes a Tory government more likely, The SNP want a Tory government because they want a mandate at the next Holyrood election for another referendum, a Labour victory at the election will see the SNP's appeal wain, They want to inflict more misery on the hardest pressed in order to further their separatist agenda.

Your gullible mate. this election is all about independence, every vote for the SNP makes a Tory government more likely, The SNP want a Tory government because they want a mandate at the next Holyrood election for another referendum, a Labour victory at the election will see the SNP's appeal wain, They want to inflict more misery on the hardest pressed in order to further their separatist agenda.

He's not gullible. He's a brainless fuckwit.

Your gullible mate. this election is all about independence, every vote for the SNP makes a Tory government more likely..

Naw it disnae.

Labour and SNP are both anti-Tory votes.

If there are more anti-Tory votes than Tory votes, then Cameron is out on his arse.

Anyway, I don't want to see the Red or Blue Tories with a clear majority.

Quite happy to see the SNP with the balance of power to fight for Scottish interests.

Naw it disnae.

Labour and SNP are both anti-Tory votes.

If there are more anti-Tory votes than Tory votes, then Cameron is out on his arse.

Anyway, I don't want to see the Red or Blue Tories with a clear majority.

Quite happy to see the SNP with the balance of power to fight for Scottish interests.

Sorry are "scottish" interests different from those in the rest of the uk. Are people in Dumfries radically different from those in Carlisle?

You might also care to acknowledge that without the conservatives to continually undo the damage done by labour chancellors there would be no money to pay your benefits.

The Tories are the bogeymen ... Westminster the excuse for all evils that befall Scotland...

I know that we should fear the SNP a great deal more than we should the Tories ....

Anyone that thinks they are in this for the betterment of Scotland needs a good kick in the haw maws ...

Divide and Conquer .........

If they get all the seats, then there is no opposition to challenge anything they wish to make laws on..........

The last country that happened in was Germany ........

SNPOUT

Despite the hard economic times, the Tories in power, a Scottish Labour Party falling apart, a weak campaign from the better together team, an aggressive campaign with a bombardment of the yes message, from the nationalists, the 800 th anniversary of Bannockburn stirring up patriotism for some and the commonwealth games showcasing our country in the run up to the referendum the people of Scotland still rejected independence and voted to remain part of the United Kingdom, and did the SNP gracefully accept our decision as they said they would beforehand by vowing to stick to their pledge of it being a once in a generation referendum. Did they fuck. Don't be fooled by them.

Let's be honest, anyone who falls for the pish that wee sturge is spouting is just stupid.

"A spokesperson for the SNP did tell the Telegraph: As Nicola Sturgeon has said, this election is about making Scotland stronger at Westminster with a team of SNP MPs. It is emphatically not about independence, and we are not planning for another referendum - regardless of how many seats we win next Thursday.

If you believe that, your off your head. If they try to back up any party in Westminster, I'd be 99% sure, that another referendum will be part of the deal. Once their foots in the door, they'lll be pushing for it, believe me.

FFS, I could run this country the way the snp has been doing it.

Anything that goes right - take all the credit,

Anything that goes wrong - blame the big bad folk at Westminster. As usual, though, oil will probably save the day, even though it's been proved, we'd have been fked if we'd voted for independence because of the drop in oil prices.

It's like wee eck all over again, yes we'll have the pound, yes your pension wlill be ok, even though people were telling him it the opposite. Like a wee boy running around with his fingers in his ears not wanting to listen.

Shows the mentality of your average snp voter anyway, when they're on twitter saying wee sturge has a nice arse. Brrrrr, made me shiver. Creepy.