Our New Captain Is....possibly John Eustace

trueblueal

Warburton has got to effectively build a squad from scratch so there was always going to be a few experienced players coming in to supplement the younger ones we will sign. I'm sure he actually said that in one of his interviews.

I imagine he will just sit in the middle of the park, starting moves with simple passes and plug gaps so the other younger players can be freed up to go forward more.

Don't get me wrong, it's still a bit of an underwhelming name, but it's not something I'm going to go mental about either because I trust Warburton's judgement.

This. (tu)

one of the comments below the Telegraph article I have posted a fees snippets of:

I am sorry to hear this decision and if his knee had now recovered then I still think he had a part to play. A true leader on the field who didn't need the captains armband to demand respect. Derby looked a far more organised side when Eustace played as he constantly barking out orders to those around him and to the defence. Only 4 defeats in the 36 games that he started tells its own story and even at 35 he was head and shoulders above lightweight replacements like Omar Mascarell and he should have been used more. Best of luck John for the future.

Me too. We were in dire need leadership on the park last season. I'd take this guy over Black or Hutton anyday. Even at 35 he'd still be one of the best players in the Scottish Championship next season.

Although it does say on the same page that Van Dijk is the best defender in Europe so a lot of the what the Record prints could be taken as pish :lol:

Yup saw that as well, what exactly is Collins smoking. Suppose barca are lining up a sensational 80m swoop only to lose out at the last hour to Sunderland for 6m

Another Englishman with a downer on our league, thinks he can't find better and younger home grown talent to play fo us. Watch the, can't believe how good QOTS are comments when we play them again.

:lol:

Aw fucking shut up.

If Warburton wants him, then I back the apointment ( if it happens)

I know alarm bells start ringing when you hear about 35 yer old players coming to the club, however, if he can do even half as good as someone like SDoW ( who was older than 35 when he came to us) then that would be great.

An older head with a nice blend of youth beside him could be exactly what we need.

I trust Warburtons judgement.

I know alarm bells start ringing when you hear about 35 yer old players coming to the club, however, if he can do even half as good as someone like SDoW ( who was older than 35 when he came to us) then that would be great.

An older head with a nice blend of youth beside him could be exactly what we need.

(tu)

Another Englishman with a downer on our league, thinks he can't find better and younger home grown talent to play fo us. Watch the, can't believe how good QOTS are comments when we play them again.

QOTS have lost most of their good players from last season, I think.

Gogzy is smoking something, because he is on the money with this one :-)

The Daily Record ‏@Daily_Record 3 mins3 minutes ago

Ok Rangers fans, we can see you're eagerly awaiting our back page, follow @Record_Sport & we'll tweet our exclusive in the next few minutes

21 retweets 9 favourites

This better be fucking good.

No.

The only time I see anything from your sad and sorry excuse of a newspaper is on Rangers sites, posted by yourselves to try and boost your falling sales.

I wish the worst on all the shite that work there and look forward to more redundancies, hardship on your bigoted families and ultimate failure in life in general.

Never another penny towards your wages.

No.

The only time I see anything from your sad and sorry excuse of a newspaper is on Rangers sites, posted by yourselves to try and boost your falling sales.

I wish the worst on all the shite that work there and look forward to more redundancies, hardship on your bigoted families and ultimate failure in life in general.

He's only posting a link ya madman, harsh words!

No.

You no like the record then mate? :D