Quietly And Diligently

gsa

Let's calm down and carry on with the quiet, diligent work that will take us back to being Champions.

If they think they're being clever by chasing signings we want then let them. Frankly it's only Scott Allan and he would have been one small piece of a larger puzzle.

If their management want to mouth off in the press then let them. If Liewell wants to the puppet master of Scottish football, let him. He can't stop us putting his club and the rest of scottish football back in their box in a few years time.

They desperately want this to be another MoJo. Don't give them the satisfaction. No abuse for Allan, he's not worth lowering ourselves for.

Look at Wilson, Halliday and co. Those guys were desperate to be Rangers, let's concentrate on supporting them. Years (hopefully not so many) down the line Allan will be watching as Halliday picks up the league trophy at Ibrox...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

(tu) This.

I'm more than happy with the way MW is shaping the squad with each new player desperate to play for us. If SA doesn't want to be part of that then its his decision but it's also his loss and means he wasn't right for us in the first place. We'll happily move to on to someone desperate to play for us. Yes he's a very good player but I only need to look at what's already been brought in and have complete faith that we would get someone else of that (or better) calibre if he choses elsewhere. I couldnt care less where he goes if it's not to us.

??

Well said mate, we only care about our own and if anybody chooses the other side then let's not even acknowledge them. He might not have signed yet but I think we all know he will deep down.

I don't buy this young family pish, I have 2 babies and make 30k a year, I'm not struggling. So I don't see the issue with making 2 or 3k a week at your "boyhood heroes" my fiancé asked me what I would do if I was him and I asked her to leave the room.

The only thing that really gets to me is the timplosion from the whole of Scottish football.

Let's calm down and carry on with the quiet, diligent work that will take us back to being Champions.

If they think they're being clever by chasing signings we want then let them. Frankly it's only Scott Allan and he would have been one small piece of a larger puzzle.

If their management want to mouth off in the press then let them. If Liewell wants to the puppet master of Scottish football, let him. He can't stop us putting his club and the rest of scottish football back in their box in a few years time.

They desperately want this to be another MoJo. Don't give them the satisfaction. No abuse for Allan, he's not worth lowering ourselves for.

Look at Wilson, Halliday and co. Those guys were desperate to be Rangers, let's concentrate on supporting them. Years (hopefully not so many) down the line Allan will be watching as Halliday picks up the league trophy at Ibrox...

perfect summation

(tu) This.

I'm more than happy with the way MW is shaping the squad with each new player desperate to play for us. If SA doesn't want to be part of that then its his decision but it's also his loss and means he wasn't right for us in the first place. We'll happily move to on to someone desperate to play for us. Yes he's a very good player but I only need to look at what's already been brought in and have complete faith that we would get someone else of that (or better) calibre if he choses elsewhere. I couldnt care less where he goes if it's not to us.

If he signs and when he plays (not guaranteed) he will need to be 9 or 10 out of 10 every week or they will fuckin destroy him.

Aye, would like him in our squad but haven't been disappointed with any of the midfielder's that have featured in the few competative matches this season, so he's not an essential purchase.

That being said I can't see why a self confessed bluenose who's playing professional football and know's Rangers are interested would even consider joining them.

He'll be much more likely to be playing regularly for us, and get's to be part of the W&W revolution.

Plus they won't be playing in the champs league when Malmo pump then ver two legs so that isn't even a consideration.

Well said. Some Bears are starting to turn into them. Spewing out obsessive bitterness because they didn't get what they wanted. Don't be like that!!!

So what if he's signing for them. No great loss. As other have said we need to just back what we have and get behind the guys who want to play for the greatest club on the planet.

Theyre fans are desperate to get something, anything over us. Theyve got a full squad as it is, if they want to waste money on Allen then let them waste it, and if he wants to go to them thats his problem. Dont see why such an issue is being made over this.

The only reason this is bothering us is that the he supposedly "one of our own" we have all read the stories about him following us when ever he could . THAT'S the only reason I was hoping he would join us yes he's a good footballer but I think MW will be able to find another just as good or better. It was the thought of a Rangers fan living the dream of pulling on the blue jersey. Chase the green pound hope you enjoy the fans wee songs? . Hope you can look your family in the eye and us the Rangers fans ... the real fans. Remember Allan you can still say NO....

Think this is more to do with the progress we are making, they have been muttering about our performances and the way we are progressing and it seems to have reached the hierarchy.

They thrive on no competition and sing wildly about winning leagues where they have not been challenged, in their minds this is some sort of achievement. They dont deal with a level playing field and over the last few years they have become used to having everything stacked in their favour.

One example, they lost the cup semi final and all hell broke loose, to be honest for a normal football fan their behaviour at this result was shocking and embarrassing, their fans never took it well either. . The beast machine has thrown a deliberate grenade as deep down fear is setting in. They want to disrupt our momentum. They would never admit it but Aberdeen et al will never topple them in the league but Rangers are the worlds most successful club and under the new regime we are coming for them and they know it.

Well said OP. Plain and simple that not one player is bigger than Rangers and certainly not Scott Allan. The media do a great job of convincing the entire country that this one deal is the be all and end all, bit like Sky convince the country that the EPL is the best league in the world - a propaganda machine that distorts reality. Lets face it they have been desperate to have some negative headlines about us for a couple of months so they create some for themselves now they are running out of interviews with last years squad.

I would be an absolute liar to say i did not want the player to be ours. Gutted TBH he is a good player with potential to improve however would point towards the reality that he was reduced to taking kicks at Murdoch more than once last year as evidence he is far from the finished article. Much of the attraction was a belief that we were signing 'one of our own' with high potential to be part of the exciting couple of years ahead. Sadly it appears to be transpiring he is not one of us at all.

Right now for me are amongst the most exciting times I recall as a Rangers fan for a whole host of reasons and one player does not even begin to change that. Not a doubt in my mind that we have plenty midfield talent, potential and a manager that can source players equal to the standard of SA and beyond.

As for the player? What is he thinking about? How on earth can he make peace with this? I do not care what anyone says, if you grow up in Glasgow a Rangers fan you know what they are and you know what they think about you. How can anyone dismiss everything that they have been brought up to be and believe in, the principles and values that have been passed on to you and make you who you are. Takes a unique sort of person to do that IMO and its not a Ranger. He has to live with it and convince himself they are not everything we know them to be. Only they are.

I will add to this that I appreciate he has not signed however honestly do not see anyway back now - would love to be wrong.