Peter Houston Post-Match

kanjo

there is nothing to say that the player cannot re enter the field until the game stops.

The cheat (I normally baulk at calling referees that) in the middle yesterday had ample opportunity to wave Kiernan back on but chose not to (pettiness was a likely reason, or the colour of Robs shirt). If he doesn't understand the rules (I'm sure he knows them well enough) he should be sent back to junior football or banned from officiating again. None of the 3 were in any way competent and their inability to get the basics correct (I'll assume the assistants were just incompetent) is a damning indictment of the game in Scotland.

RFCEagle......... there are 2 scenarios that can be confusing...... Law 4 - players equipment...when a player leaves the field for this he can only return when ball is out of play.

The other scenario is injured players who have left the field. You are right in that regard that they can come back on whether ball is in or out of play (assuming ref has waved them on). If they come in while ball is in play they have to rejoin the field at the halfway line. If they rejoin the field when ball is out of play they can come onto the field anywhere.

Law 4.......................

• the player is only allowed to re-enter the field of play when the ball is out

of play

and I totally agree with your other comments re the team of officials

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

of play

But he was already ready to come on and re-enter the field of play before the corner was even about to be took. That's what my problem with it was.

and I agree with you there KAI.......

I think he either deliberately waited longer than he had to....or he was just so incompetent that he let the corner be taken....which then meant he had to wait for a stop in play to wave him on.

all about opinions and interpretations I suppose

of play

Rob wasn't 'at fault' in regard to his equipment though. I'd be fascinated if the cheat yesterday could explain how any of the following were infringed? That is the only circumstance when that comes in to effect. The circumstance was more of a blood/injury situation which allows return without a stoppage. The player was in no way responsible for having to change his shirt and as there was no infringement the ruling does not apply. I'm sure the referee would use your explanation as an excuse for his blatant inability to officiate.

• The basic compulsory equipment of a player comprises the following separate items
  • a jersey or shirt with sleeves - if undergarments are worn, the colour of the sleeve must be the same main colour as the sleeve of the jersey or shirt
  • shorts - if undershorts or tights are worn, they must be of the same main colour as the shorts
  • stockings - if tape or similar material is applied externally it must be the same colour as that part of the stocking it is applied to
  • shinguards
  • footwear

Shinguards

• are covered entirely by the stockings
  • are made of rubber, plastic or a similar suitable material
  • provide a reasonable degree of protection

Colours

• The two teams must wear colours that distinguish them from each other and also the referee and the assistant referees
  • Each goalkeeper must wear colours that distinguish him from the other players, the referee and the assistant referees

I can think of hundreds of occasions through the years (even recently) when players have had shirts and shorts thrown on or bought on, with the referees permission and changed them with no need to leave the field of play. I'm actually surprised he didn't make Wes change his shorts as they were pretty much identical to Falkirks

We should have had a penalty. They should have had a player sent off.

Only a horrible human being with zero manners, integrity or respect for his peers would stoop so low as to abuse another human being verbally, and claim the outcome of the match was decided on some phantom bias which we all know is only true in reverse (as is statistically demonstrable).

Teams will just start ripping the shirt of the biggest aerial threats if that was the standard way to handle it.

I'm sure I've seen players not leave the pitch and the jerseys are exchanged by throwing to and from the dugout.

Quick change. restart game.

Making a player go off then making him wait for a while after he's ready seems stupid. Going off the pitch and waiting to come back on was brought in to counter players feigning injury.

It shouldn't be used in this way.

I didn't think Kiernan did leave the pitch. He stood inside the lines and changed his shirt. The referee was extremely poor and when their goalkeeper went outside his box with ball I actually said to my husband that I thought he should have been booked.

The penalty was a stonewaller and how the baldy fuckwit of a linesman or the prick of a referee didn't see that is beyond me. In fact the indent in the grass where the foul had been committed inside the box was there for most of the first half!!!

I don't think they were biased I think they were incompetent.

Any manager would have seen that grave errors were made, mostly in Falkirks favour, but Houston is a classless, bitter, sore loser of sa manager and I sincerely hope he gets punished for bringing the game into disrepute.

What a whinging illegitimate! He wasn't watching the same game as me. The officials gave us jack shit but I suppose this bitter twisted fuck wit was watching the game with his scummy always cheated never defeated glasses on. He's a scummy bad manager who cant take getting beat by THE FAMOUS GLASGOW RANGERS . :21::21::21::crabflute::crabflute:

Knew this was coming he was the exact same at du, no class whatsoever. We got beat by the same score not to long ago,our Manager praised the opposition for the manner in which they carried out their game plan, someone should send him a copy of the tape with a wee short letter, dear fud please study this video and learn how to accept defeat with your dignity intact.

The referee wasn't biased just incompetent ,he made a lot of bad decisions,none more so when he used a fictitious offside call to save having to red card the falkirk goalie,as for that other cretin houston I have only this to say to him

The highlights on the bbc website have a cracking view of Law being wiped out during the tackle. Even saying Kerr won the ball would be a fair stretch. Ball goes through his legs and had Kerr not wiped out Law he would've been passed him.

Wonder if we'll see Houston admit he's got this one wrong? Doubt it rabid, bitter wee cunt.

The highlights on the bbc website have a cracking view of Law being wiped out during the tackle. Even saying Kerr won the ball would be a fair stretch. Ball goes through his legs and had Kerr not wiped out Law he would've been passed him.

Wonder if we'll see Houston admit he's got this one wrong? Doubt it rabid, bitter wee cunt.

Yes, I'd seen the STV highlights and I was wondering what the feck the baldy shite was going on about! In the STV highlights he didn't even look like he got a touch on the ball, but the BBC was from the Broomloan camera and if anything, although he did get a touch, it was such a vicious tackle, I'd have expected him to get a yellow.

I think I say five against them in the match report and from what I've read on here they were very lucky to finish the game with 11 on the field.

The usual shite football from teams in this division, but for the baldy one to bleat on and on that his team were unfairly treated takes the biscuit.

Classless goat.