"build Bridges With Scottish Football"

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On a personal level, they can all go to fuck. I haven't and won't be back in any of their grounds ever again, it's Rangers and Ibrox only for me for a least 3 seasons now, apart from the lower league grounds we visited. Money saved on not going away is used on the club, season ticket, Rangers Charity foundation, Saturday draw etc...

Never seen scotsport last night OP?

BBC Scotland actually had a go at the septic fans who didn't stay silent. Was actually surprised to hear it.

Then had a go at Stevie Thompson about ebts.

????????? Thomson ebt's. Please explain??? No need. Thot for a minute you were talking about that specky cunt from Dundee.

I kinda hope by build bridges he means that the club are back around the top tables in the various associations so we can actually defend ourselves for a change.

Other than that the clubs themselves, their fans and the media can fuck off.

There will be no top tables for us anytime soon. That was very clear at the last vote. You first have to oust those who control it and under the current regime it isn't happening.

We have to become more influential in Scottish football. Not just on the park but in the sfa and spl. Lie well etc al currently have it stitched up. Tell us OP how do you think King should go about this?

Tbh I don't think we can do anything until we return to the SPFL,we tried to get our own man on the SFA board or whatever it was earlier in the year and we all know how that turned out.

I still find it very doubtful that we'd ever be able to have a big say in the way things are run with the way slanty eyes has set everything up.

King needs to grow a pair and start going on the attack against these cunts that have been having a free run at us for years,outright ban them from Ibrox and press conferences,forget about this pandering shite.

????????? Thomson ebt's. Please explain???

The presenter quizzed Stevie Thompson on his ebt to which he replied with the quotes from Martin o'neil and chris sutton.

He clearly wasn't expecting the question and looked very uncomfortable. The presenter then went on to ask Stuart McCall about what his thoughts were about it.

You could probably see it on iPlayer.

BBC Scotland actually had a go at the septic fans who didn't stay silent. Was actually surprised to hear it.

Then had a go at Stevie Thompson about ebts.

Saw this last night, Thompson was giving him some very strange looks when he started to ask him about the EBT's. I got the feeling that the presenter had gone off script on this one to try and catch him out.

As for bridge building, I'm all for it as long as we can put Doncaster, Reagan, Liewell and co in the concrete supports.

Building bridges has to be the official line or we face being outvoted by everyone else on issues at the top table.

We should be looking to lead from the front and offer a better way forward for all that Celtic won't, that way many of those reeling at being shafted on the Celtic plan will say 'Fuck it, we're with Rangers'.

If we had the foresight to forge links with the smaller teams on our way up, we could hold more power come reconstruction.

It could be that we're doing none of the above but if we say 'fuck you' we'll be opposed by everycunt and the only way to get a deal we want is to team up with Celtic like the old days, the days when celtic, ourselves and aberdeen gave a collective 'fuck you' to everyone else.

Personally I'd like to see us lead from the front and lead a break-off group at the top table to scupper deals, push our agenda and send a message that we're a powerful foe.

A break off group with who exactly?

We're hated by everyone.

I'm not against building bridges believe it or not but it has to come from the likes of Thompson, Petrie, Lawwell, Spiers, McGlaughlin, Cosgrove, Delahunt, Alex Thomson - the whole fucking lot of them. I want an apology. A full and sincere one.

If that were to happen then fine. Bridges have started to be repaired - we can start to move on.

But for the likes of Murray and King to want to build bridges off our own backs, shares titles with the peados and help raise Scottish footballs profile again for the benefit of Scotland then they can get to fuck out my club like the other slimey custodians before them

Scottish football is not interested in building bridges with us, it despises us on the widest scale possible. My fear with the new board was pandering to those who tried to kill us off and so far that's really all they have done. From thanking the media to lifting bans to this.

We all accept that Celtic, the not so stupid ones at least, now begin to realise they need Rangers. It would be equally stupid if we did not accept that Rangers need to be in a competitive and challenging league: so we do indeed need to have working relationships (call it bridge building if you like). Rangers could not compete in Europe without a strong group of teams to play against regularly. Of course they hate us, I wouldn't have it any other way.

They hate us because we matter. i'd prefer it if we all just respected one another and the football was the thing not some cultural cancer.

We all accept that Celtic, the not so stupid ones at least, now begin to realise they need Rangers. It would be equally stupid if we did not accept that Rangers need to be in a competitive and challenging league: so we do indeed need to have working relationships (call it bridge building if you like). Rangers could not compete in Europe without a strong group of teams to play against regularly. Of course they hate us, I wouldn't have it any other way.

They hate us because we matter. i'd prefer it if we all just respected one another and the football was the thing not some cultural cancer.

Excellent post, respect has gone, driven by greed, hatred and jealousy.

We have to leave Scottish football. Not build bridges with it.

The board should have an executive who"s only job is to promote the club in England and lobby to have us included somewhere in the FA pyramid at the earliest possible opportunity.

As I said, the dynamic of Scottish football is side with whoever is offering you the best deal.

In the past all clubs would vote for something that would give them more money, more say, more power and in turn those votes would be scuppered by the Rangers, celtic and Aberdeen cabal. I'm not sure what the number is the threshold currently but it used to be something like a vote needed 10 votes form 12 to pass a motion. It will be something similar still and as such you don't need to be friends with everyone to get things done, you just need 2 or 3 to side with you.

How do you get 2 or 3 to side with you? One way is to redesign Scottish football that would bridge the size of clubs and the financial advantage gap, all of the smaller clubs would be turning their back on the ambitions of a life time if they passed this over. Alternatively with league reconstruction very much on the cards there is teams currently in our division or the division below who will soon be in the top flight - making a move to form a voting Union with them is advisable as they have no interest in reaching the top flight and being treated like the help (something Scottish football will do, refer to when they had the audacity to refuse to back the plan of parachuting Rangers into the Championship). Finally players, friendlies, equipment shares, testimonials, bids on players to bump the price up elsewhere etc etc is something a smaller club might take on board and see eye to eye with you on voting matters. It's politics at the end of the day.

You don't have to make friends with everyone in Scottish Football but a rousing rendition of 'fuck you all' will see us in no mans land come a vote on important manners for our club - the only way they to hold any sway would be to side with celtic, the very club that is running the game as is. I'd rather we formed a small but dedicated alliance than see us roped into the wishes of the worst or in a minority of one i.e. no power whatsoever.

Whether Paul Murray and Dave King see it that way I have no idea - Paul, if his soundbites/quotes are to be believed thinks everyone is just brilliant and he may think that cosying up with celtic is the ideal way forward. Then again maybe he's made a model of his plan to take over Scottish football - regardless, the fact remains that telling everyone in Scottish football to fuck off hurts us and leaves us open to future attacks as we've seen in the last few years.

Side with the scum? That would only show just how unprincipled we have become.

If we left, I cannot see why any attacks would affect us in the slightest as we would not be under the control of the cabal, but masters of our own destiny in a level playing field.

I cannot see any place for us here unless we remain to be sullied and be subject to further demonisation, lies and punishments for no good reason.