Sportscene getting it tight from Paul Hartley

HARTLEY was fuming at the Dark Blues being labelled disorganised by Nevin on the weekend's show and said the former Scotland star "doesn’t know what he’s talking about".

The Dens gaffer branded the show “garbage” and insisted nobody at his club would ever go on it.

Hartley said: “I didn’t see it at first but I was told about it and then I saw it for myself.

“That’s why he (Nevin) has never managed. What would he know about the shape of my team?

“He doesn’t know what he’s talking about – and it’s the same every week.

“That’s why I don’t watch it, it’s why I wouldn’t have any of my players going on it – and I wouldn’t go on it myself. It’s the worst programme I’ve seen.

“Does it have any credibility? No, it’s got none. It’s not what it used to be like, away back in the 1980s when you wanted to sit up and watch Sportscene on a Saturday night.

“Now you don’t want to watch it. You just hear people talking about it.

“He (Nevin) wasn’t a defender, he has never coached or managed a team. He has probably never seen us play this season. He can have his say but he’s talking rubbish.

“I’ve told you straight the programme is terrible. No matter what anybody says, it’s garbage – and I’m not the only one who thinks that by the way.”

20 minutes ago, Badger said:

BBC coverage, even on MOTD, is just so amateur and cliched in comparison to Sky and BT.

BBC Scotland coverage is actually like a parody. It's embarrassing. 

I often wonder how highly paid pundits, can't offer any more insight to something, than a guy down the pub. 

I think BT is worse than MOTD. Probably just the dislikable pundits. It's not awful, but I'd prefer watching Sky at half-time etc.

Sportscene is incredibly unprofessional, that's how I'd put it. It's dreary as it gets, it's dull, there's no enthusiasm and as I say, Sutherland is just the pits.

4 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Very much the soi disant intellectual ponce Nevin or a complete fud if you like.

nevin-smiths.jpg

4 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Very much the soi disant intellectual ponce Nevin or a complete fud if you like.

nevin-smiths.jpg

I wonder if he ever wandered around Craigend like that? ?