Rangers boss Mark Warburton: January transfer business was satisfying but I want another six summer signings

LeeWallaceRFC

MW has shown that he doesnt needs wads of cash to build a team. He has also shown that he wont authorise a purchase if he doesnt feel its value for money, or value to the team.

If the board have any sense they will turn to him and say you have X amount for transfers and your weekly wage budget is X... 

Let the magic hat take it from there... hes shown he knows what he is doing.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the summer we will see another step up in the level of quality. MW and his team will be looking at people now and assessing how much they are worth and what will they bring to the team. I hope we will the Scottish Cup so MW is building a team for Europe as well as the league. A storm is coming and the Tims fear it.

4 quality players and 2 squad players will do me. I think we'd be up for challenging that lot then.

2 squad players would be RB and LB cover for Tav and Wallace.

Then a top quality centre back

A proven holding midfielder

Another striker to push Waghorn

and another wide player.

I think that spells the end for Shiels, Wilson, Miller, Clarke, Temps, which will free up plenty of wages - we may even get a fee for some.

Wedo need cover at right back, but i dont see Tav getting shunted so another RB as a squad player isn't going to break the bank.

A better CH and a bit of presence in CM is also a must - thats 3 right away.

Potentially some cover for Wallace would be 4 and an actual CF rather than wingers would be 5.

7 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I think that spells the end for Shiels, Wilson, Miller, Clarke, Temps, which will free up plenty of wages - we may even get a fee for some.

Wedo need cover at right back, but i dont see Tav getting shunted so another RB as a squad player isn't going to break the bank.

A better CH and a bit of presence in CM is also a must - thats 3 right away.

Potentially some cover for Wallace would be 4 and an actual CF rather than wingers would be 5.

Spell the end for Wilson? Aye okay mate. :lol:

Just now, DeanMK said:

Spell the end for Wilson? Aye okay mate. :lol:

what? he is continually found out. I am sure MW keeps on the park for blance because he is a leftie. For me he is the poorest player in the team. I am sure MW has spotted this. He wont feature for us in the premiership - he struggles in the championship

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

what? he is continually found out. I am sure MW keeps on the park for blance because he is a leftie. For me he is the poorest player in the team. I am sure MW has spotted this. He wont feature for us in the premiership - he struggles in the championship

I think Wilson is fine playing in a solid back four. He showed it first time around with us and also last season with Hearts. He seems to be getting exposed this season because we almost play 2-5-3 in a lot of games and his lack of speed both on and off the ball gets shown up.

I think he'll be fine even at Premiership level for a season or two but he might be a liability in Europe.

sounds about right. i trust warburtons judgement and think he'll get some cracking players. if this is the kind of team he can put together real quick and with not a lot of money to spend then i can't wait to see what he can do with some real spending money. i still don't really think we need to go crazy to compete with that lot. they are fucking rotten right now. they'll probably get rid of that donkey of a manager in the summer. no way is he gonna last until next season. don't get me wrong, i think he's doing a great job and would love him to stay on haha. 

it's just up to King and the rest of the board to give Warburton the money. getting back into the premiership and possibly european football will definitely attract better players so need to snap them up. the balls in the boards park now. we'll see what they do.

8 minutes ago, TheMotor said:

I think Wilson is fine playing in a solid back four. He showed it first time around with us and also last season with Hearts. He seems to be getting exposed this season because we almost play 2-5-3 in a lot of games and his lack of speed both on and off the ball gets shown up.

I think he'll be fine even at Premiership level for a season or two but he might be a liability in Europe.

mate - we are not going to change that with Tav and Wallace in the team - thats what they do. Wilson lacks pace and presence and SPFL teams will put there quickest or biggest guys on him to exploit this. Theres so many games this season his errors have cost us goals.

11 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

mate - we are not going to change that with Tav and Wallace in the team - thats what they do. Wilson lacks pace and presence and SPFL teams will put there quickest or biggest guys on him to exploit this. Theres so many games this season his errors have cost us goals.

I think Warburton has tried to rectify this a bit by ensuring that if either Tav or Waldo bomb on one will sit back, it would be rectified further by having a quick DM, I don't think Wilson has become a bad player overnight but his concentration does seem faulty at times and that's more concerning than anything else for me.

I wouldn't write him off yet though.

40 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

He's a scapegoat for the panic merchants that have meltdowns when we concede. Both Kiernan and Wilson have had poor moments. As have many of our players. But many of their team mates leave them exposed at times against quick breaks. An agile DM who will continue to play in a deep position will help them both. 

28 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Do you think Kiernans pace as gotten better? Compared to Wilson, he doesn't seem to do much wrong and is pretty good at identifying plays.

Also worthwhile noting that the majority of threats from Flakirk came down the left where Wilson is. 

1 minute ago, DeanMK said:

He's a scapegoat for the panic merchants that have meltdowns when we concede. Both Kiernan and Wilson have had poor moments. As have many of our players. But many of their team mates leave them exposed at times against quick breaks. An agile DM who will continue to play in a deep position will help them both. 

We are pretty good as a support at finding scapegoats when needed, agreed.

But we are also not stupid, and can see when someone is under performing (take tavs dip in form/ poor performances) kaiser has been blamed for costing us goals too. 

I hope I'm wrong but Wilson DOES look to have turned into a worse player over the years.

1 minute ago, born a blue nose said:

We are pretty good as a support at finding scapegoats when needed, agreed.

But we are also not stupid, and can see when someone is under performing (take tavs dip in form/ poor performances) kaiser has been blamed for costing us goals too. 

I hope I'm wrong but Wilson DOES look to have turned into a worse player over the years.

That one against Morton springs to mind.  

1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

The 6 he talks about will replace those who are out of contract and wont be renewed i.e Law, Shiels, Clark, Templeton etc.

This. Plus the departing loans.

I think Law will get a new contract if he's not greedy, Shiels maybe, Clark, Templeton will go along with Ball, Zelalem, King and probably Forrester. Couple of the younger guys might go too like Walsh and Murdoch. Squad won't get bigger but will hopefully get a lot better, with the two pre-contracts already signed I think he's looking at 4 on top of that and maybe another depending who goes and who stays, I won't be surprised if a couple coming in are loans. I'm not expecting big money to be spent and I don't really think we need to spend it. It's a continuous development thing

2 hours ago, sammy cox said:

What makes you say that.We have already had this discussion about 12.5 million pounds worth of players.Do tell me how much did Ross County spend?. Before you say it was a one off game every game is a one off as MW says himself one game at a time get it out the way and move on.To win any league you need consistency.If the sheep had showed any kind of consistency they would have pulled clear of the scum weeks ago and how many millions have they spent?.

They haven't spent millions and that's why they don't have the players that can show the type of consistency that would have them putting up a serious challenge.

The quality of the starting XI plus the squad will need to improve, that's clear to see.

We're a good side, an attractive side to watch but the team I personally believe would currently struggle to break the top three over the course of the season. Celtic (whether we like to admit it or not are the best side in the country), Aberdeen and Hearts are better sides than us, and have better squads. Improvement is necessary as we as a support, the board nor the manager will accept fourth place as an acceptable finish next season.

The Killie game on Saturday will be an interesting marker, considering we came up very short against St. Johnstone earlier on in the season. I believe we've got better as a side since then, especially going forward but there's still question marks on us defensively from the two center halves and the lack of protection given to them in the middle of the park by Haliday. It's in those areas where we will become undone by the better sides, like St. Johnstone did against us, that we must address in the summer.