****Official Livingston v Rangers thread****

OceanRain

6 minutes ago, Dutchy said:

Can anyone tell me what's the purpose of his wee circular turns when he gets the ball in the middle of the park.

Seems he just gives the opposition time to work out how to get the ball off him, or what usually happens, makes a desperate pass.

It's his style Dutchy but I'm not a big fan . Someone used the words "paint dry " His movement is almost as quick .

Just now, IbroxBurnzy said:

Just finished work I take it I'm not missing much ????

wtf is going on?

Depends who you ask.

Apparently warbs doesnt care if we win anymore games apart from the final so the players are just taking a breather cause they are tired....

2 minutes ago, craigrfcc said:

Zelalem with no 'drive', 'urgency' or 'skill'. Give that Barrie McKay goal against Hibs another watch

He has skill no doubt. He is just slow as fuck has the heart of a mouse and slows our play down making us predictable....... Great player tho.

1 minute ago, cp9 said:

I'm sure it's an easy guess.... 

A mixture of shocking finishing and Amateur defending again?

Hopefully just a bad rut seeing as we've won all the major games pretty much.

hopefully get it out our system for the cup final.

Its puzzling.   MW seems to say in his media briefings that the team is in great shape physically.   So the poor showing can't be down to that. 

On Saturday against Alloa he described the performance as lacking cleverness, flat, lacking quality in key areas,  lacking in spark.   Could just press the replay button to describe tonight except its actually worse.

If this had been an Ally McCoist led team I guess that these sorts of league performances would be producing near meltdown by now.   MW and the squad are getting away with this because the league job is done, Petrofac won, Celtic beaten and the prospect ahead of winning the Scottish Cup.   Fair enough because so far these have been great achievements.   

But..... lacklustre performances and results like this do not build momentum for next season, do not provide encouragement, only serve to underline the fragilities in the squad and illustrate to a degree just how much is still to be done.

Or...........Is it just that the players don't want to get injured and find themselves ruled out of a cup final so they go through the motions to preserve themselves?  MW and DW will know whether this is a big factor in these sorts of poor performances.   The thing that will be interesting to watch is what they do about it for the cup final.