The Video That Almost Never Was

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, julescotia said:

This video was nearly never made.

Last week some "bear" grassed me up to youtube for copyright infringement - for my Rangers Ceptic video - which has now been removed by youtube.  It was obviously some picture or video that this person has put up themselves on twitter, youtube, etc etc ... that I have used in my video for that match, I scour everywhere to make my videos the best I can, and this game I wanted it to be a great video, and I thought I did a good job of it, I was proud of it. 

They took execption and grassed us up.  Bit of advice, if you dont want your stuff to be seen by thousands of people ... how about you dont fucking post it online in the first place.  It was definatley a "normal fan" as they the email I received from Youtube told us who complained (and it wasn't a companys name - it was a guys, who I won't name - we're not all grasses) Cheers ya dick ... my youtube channel now has a strike (I'm allowed 3, then its byebye)

I always state in my videos description, that I own nothing and all material belongs to their respective owners, and thank those who have put their stuff up that I may have used in that video. If you have a problem with it - tell me, and it will be removed instantly ... dont be a sneaky little taig and go running to the authorities.

So as you can imagine last week, I thought fuck it ... I aint doing this now, if this is going to be the case ....
but no Fuck that ..... I will be making videos next year, so Fuck you!  And I'll start with a shitty draw in Paisley.

WATP!  (Well most of us anyway)

JS .Forget about this guy mate and continue doing what you are superb at .

I'm glad you are one of us and I think there are hundreds on here think the same .

Very weird to hear you angry so I can imagine how much it's pissed you off.

Onwards and Upwards bud

And you are showing your class not shaming him . Cunts like that never change anyway

Jules

always enjoy your stuff mate, dont let one arsehole get you down...... you meet arseholes everywhere you go, i have came across a few today already....

i would out the knt anyway.....someone on here is bound to know him, get him named and shamed..

keep that faith

WATP.

4 hours ago, CoplandStandBear said:

You infringed their copyright so they aren't really the ones in the wrong.  If in doubt it is better to ask them to use it.

I wouldn't say he's in the wrong, he's just on the wrong side of copyright law. Fair use policy is pretty heavy handed on YT because it's more or less, modelled on US law.

Jules, was the video you used actually copyrighted? It sounded like it was a clip from someone else's video and therefore probably isn't copyrighted. However if you've downloaded the video from YT, that's a breach of YT's policy, so they can do whatever they like.

If it was a bear however, you should end the cunt with a pizza cutter

I'm always chuffed to bits whenever I see somebody sharing a pic or a gif I've made. The only time it bothers me is when people take credit for it but as the OP says the only way to prevent that is not to share it in the first place.

Keep making the videos. Keep sharing them. They make this forum, the internet and the world in general a better place.