SNP MSPs back anti-sectarian football law amid calls to scrap it

oldbear

I've been hearing Sturgeon's acceptance speech all day long where she claims she'll use her position of power to treat all the Scottish people equally.

Why then does she and her party defend a law, introduced by themselves, which only targets specific groups?

That last few comments show that it's just protecting one group and by association, labelling all prods as bigots.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow just Wow,  I hope somewhere along the line he is taking to task over those comments by that admission it is ok to sing Pro IRA songs, call us H*** in a derogatory manner as possible and not only speak derogatory to us for being British but also for being Scottish and protestant.

But say anything against a group of fans who claim to be Oirish and supporting Oirish independence and the majority of them have probably never even been to Ireland (probably find that the majority of their ancestors aren't even of Irish descent)  and saying anything about a group of people in supposedly a position of responsibility who for years have been allowed to abuse children and it gets covered up then we're accused of being anti Catholic or anti Irish, it's not anti anything, it's highlighting an issue that for years and still is swept under the carpet.

Seems to be the same everywhere these days,the majority are the bigots/racists.

The majority are good value for anything thrown at them,legally or otherwise.

This SNP truly are Natzi's.......but why pick on football fans if this is a nation wide problem?

1 minute ago, Blumhoilann said:

Seems to be the same everywhere these days,the majority are the bigots/racists.

The majority are good value for anything thrown at them,legally or otherwise.

This SNP truly are Natzi's.......but why pick on football fans if this is a nation wide problem?

Because fans that support Rangers are an easier and cheaper target than trying to educate people within schools (teachers and priests not just children)  and trying to change the mindset of the parents who are so ingrained with their hatred and bile that it passes onto their children.

2 minutes ago, Poetry_In_Blue said:

Because fans that support Rangers are an easier and cheaper target than trying to educate people within schools (teachers and priests not just children)  and trying to change the mindset of the parents who are so ingrained with their hatred and bile that it passes onto their children.

I agree mate but it getting to the point that Proddy kids wouldn't want to share a school with Timmy.

1 minute ago, Blumhoilann said:

I agree mate but it getting to the point that Proddy kids wouldn't want to share a school with Timmy.

It's probably still the same, when I was growing up you had the Catholic schools and the other schools for everyone else irrespective of their religion or upbringing.

Scotland 2016:

"A land where all people and their free opinions are welcome...except for the proud British natives.

Come visit us and see the rich history and progressive attitude that sees us celebrate another nation's ideologies and policies of anti-British terrorism."

I'm leaving this country again in the next 5 years.   Wish I had never come back, this time I won't even look back.

Over on Pie and Bovril all these diddy fans are up in arms about the fact that this act could be repealed, but get all defensive when they're pulled up about how, "If you hate the fucking English clap your hands" is technically banned under the act. :lol:

19 minutes ago, Bris Koyd said:

Over on Pie and Bovril all these diddy fans are up in arms about the fact that this act could be repealed, but get all defensive when they're pulled up about how, "If you hate the fucking English clap your hands" is technically banned under the act. :lol:

Read a few pages, fucking hell, what a bunch of absolute pansies. Only one that seemed to be talking some sense was a Partick fan.

7 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Read a few pages, fucking hell, what a bunch of absolute pansies. Only one that seemed to be talking some sense was a Partick fan.

Wasn't there a certain bear talking sense as well?

:wink:

Pandering cunts. Hope everyone who voted for these pricks are happy with themselves. Wouldn't bother me if it was across the board, but the fact it omits the tarriers from any wrongdoing is fucking disgraceful. 

That's the left for you; only willing to hammer down on a specific section of society while the rest get to roam free doing the exact same thing. 

Makes sense that they'd want to keep it.

It's so controversial that it'll help distract from their depute leader shagging about and their MSPs shagging about at tax payer's expense..

So you can only be a sectarian bigot if you are non-catholic and/or non-Irish?

Given that this stupid and unworkable legislation is targeted at football fans does the moronic bastard not the irony in his comments.

Mr Mason, to date only three football clubs in the history of Scottish football have been founded on sectarian principles Celtic Football and Athletic Club, Hibernian FC and Dundee Hibernian FC.  All founded by Irish Catholics for Irish Catholics.  The first and third clubs in my list may no longer exist, however, their sectarian legacy lives on.

No club to my knowledge, I am prepared to stand corrected, was ever founded by Scottish protestants for  the Scottish Protestant community.

The sectarian Irish Catholic community created this divide, much to Scotland's shame.

9 hours ago, K.A.I said:

@Bluepeter9 @DeanMK @Andy2020 @Boab @Bellshill_Bear these cretins.

I may have got the username of Andy wrong, or correct. There's one that posts with a similar name.

:lol: oh dear - the reek of paranoia and stupidity eminates from your inane, ill informed posts! But they do entertain!