Nicky Law & Nicky Clark's Parting Tweets

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, RFCRobertson said:

His contract isn't up until June 31st, Law and Clarks are up at the end of this month. 

The only relevance of the date is that it gives the club and player more time to negotiate a possible new contract, if no new contract is going to be put on the table then Shiels can put himself in the shop window and possibly agree terms with another club and join them on cessation of his current contract.

PS when did June gain an extra day? :D

I almost always think a player leaving us is a bit of a missed opportunity for both the player and our Club. 

I quite liked both of them and regret they never quite made the grade.

Same with Templeton. He had potential but it never quite worked out due to injury and, I'm afraid, ineffectiveness. 

5 hours ago, Gooseman said:

While they never lived up to our expectations, they came and joined the journey.  Their parting tweets shows a touch of class, best of luck to both wherever they end up. 

Good post mate, wish them well in the future. (tu)

The best of British to both of them. While I think they are both decent players and should find a good standard of club, they sadly just don't have enough for our next step.

Thanks for all your hard work lads and good luck (not, I repeat, not against us) in the future.

Best of luck to both and as said in a previous post like the " we and us" but I'm afraid both just not enough for the step up and I'm actually proud of the managers ability to have the balls to do it in my opinion a lot of managers (McCoist) etc would've offered extensions due to sentimental value of because they were here for the journey back up! Shows that the boss means business and has no intention of people being carried as dead wood! Hard call but right decision in my eyes ??

Class act off the park both of them, wish them every success. 

I really rated Nicky Law, and for a time was easily the best player in our team. On footballing ability and talent i could not fault him, but when it came to the nitty gritty maybe he did not have quite enough character to be a Gers player ? I Suspect like Steve Davis he may go on to decent things with another team. Will be interesting to see how he gets on in the future.

Nicky Clark scored a barrowload for QOTS but somehow never recreated that in a better team, strange but from what I saw was not up to standard. All the best anyway and hopefully he can find his goalscoring form again with another club. 

They both did a job for us in an extremely difficult time under poor management, for that I thank them. 

And we won't forget Nicky Law's penalty against the tims when the real pressure was on.