New strip. Update. Not coming out and may not be released

RFC55

3 minutes ago, weeneily said:

I was actually thinking that possibly the only thing that makes sense in this unusual situation is that RR have not paid SD to make the kit and the announcement about the removal of the license to sell branded product is a red herring.  Due to the confidentiality agreement nothing could be said about this but if RFC now have operational control by 51% shareholding and have retained the funds payable for the new kit in an attempt to force a better deal then it could explain the accounts being months late, statement about loss of license and the fact that no new strips are available.  This may be a lot of piss but I cant think of any other logical reason for the recent events and lets face it, why would RFC authorise RR pay SD hundreds of thousands of pounds to make a strip over the past few months and then try to remove their own joint venture's license to sell?  Are the strips sitting awaiting payment in SD warehouse in China or are they completely non existent? 

I take it Puma have paid us/RR for this season, surely they would expect to see a Rangers top on sale with the puma badge on it. 

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, FSM said:

Exactly mate, it's like some kind of counter psychology in action. It's like people who keep telling you to buy fairtrade products or free range eggs; just makes me more determined to spend my money on stuff that results in more misery and pain for folk/animals.

You're my anti-hero.

Seriously, who doesn't love a misanthrope?

1 hour ago, Siam69 said:

It's impending fatherhood, I think it's mellowing me already.

Still, makes a change from you calling anyone who you disagree with, trolls this, and trolls that :)

Good Luck, i cant say it ever mellowed me.

1 hour ago, gogzy said:

Was called a "cesspit" by someone who made it onto the Rangers board ( for a couple of days :lol: )

I don't know what's more serious. The fact he made it onto the board, or the fact you seem to think he's not still involved. ?

1 hour ago, weeneily said:

I was actually thinking that possibly the only thing that makes sense in this unusual situation is that RR have not paid SD to make the kit and the announcement about the removal of the license to sell branded product is a red herring.  Due to the confidentiality agreement nothing could be said about this but if RFC now have operational control by 51% shareholding and have retained the funds payable for the new kit in an attempt to force a better deal then it could explain the accounts being months late, statement about loss of license and the fact that no new strips are available.  This may be a lot of piss but I cant think of any other logical reason for the recent events and lets face it, why would RFC authorise RR pay SD hundreds of thousands of pounds to make a strip over the past few months and then try to remove their own joint venture's license to sell?  Are the strips sitting awaiting payment in SD warehouse in China or are they completely non existent? 

Sorry maybe missed this previously, but why would SD be paid to manufacture the kits? Are Puma not the manufacturer and SD just a distributor/retailer?

17 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Sorry maybe missed this previously, but why would SD be paid to manufacture the kits? Are Puma not the manufacturer and SD just a distributor/retailer?

I was thinking that myself, the only money you'd expect SD to get is off potential sales of the kits. Surely.

We're a football team again. I wish all this pish would just go on behind the scenes and lawyers can help battle it out in a courtroom. Only in Scotland would you get the press more interested in a retail contract than a riot caused by Hibs fans.

37 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Does to start with then the wee buggers grow up and start talking back. :lol: 

Mines are kind of past that stage now and have their own houses and lives now, have to say its great when they move out.

1 hour ago, one55 said:

this is poor on the boards part. i don't get agree with the sports direct deal but the kit better be registered and put up for sale. 

There is nothing poor about the board fighting to get a fair deal for Rangers. Good on them.

3 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

I got the strip for my wee boy last season and I'll get him it again this season, I don't care who coins the £35 or whatever it'll be. He looks brilliant in a wee Rangers strip and it makes me proud looking at him in it

This

Ive taught my daughter all about Rangers and our legends etc, ive never once mentioned Davie King or Mike Ashley to her, she doesnt give a fuck about that shite, she just wants her Rangers top

2 hours ago, weeneily said:

I was thinking the club may have got a court order to freeze the RR accounts and claim back any shirts SD have made now that they've taken back the IP

28 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

We just going to keep wearing this top for another 6 years. :lol:

I'd love that.  I miss the days when you could buy a strip knowing it'd do you for a couple of years.  Those were the days before 3rd kits and all the other money making pish.