**** Official East Stirlingshire vs Rangers Match Thread ****

Just now, Laudrup1984 said:

MOH is a final ball away from being a top top winger IMO. His directness and pace are frightening at times. Just a bit more composure in his crossing and he will be unstoppable. I think it will come. Watching a few Neil McCann videos or even watching Tav wouldn't do him any harm.......

Im a little bit inclined to disagree here. There has almost been nobody in any good position for him to cross to. His passes have been begging for someone to get on the end of them. The further out someone is from the 6 yard box the harder they are to pick out. We need someone taking a chance and getting into that 6 yard box. We saw with the Kenny chance that that came after a good bit of passing play and Kenny had the space. O Halloran can make that space out of nothing all by himself and thats where he is at the disadvantage when it comes to him hoping someone else has taken that chance on him beating players and getting into the box.

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Still stand by the fact we have a 3.5mill release clause for Windass is our worst piece of business. 

You have to realise there are two sides to a negotiation. He may not have came up here if it was set any higher.

enjoy it while you can, it could be money for nothing.

2 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

MOH is a final ball away from being a top top winger IMO. His directness and pace are frightening at times. Just a bit more composure in his crossing and he will be unstoppable. I think it will come. Watching a few Neil McCann videos or even watching Tav wouldn't do him any harm.......

I've never seen MOH put in a high whipped cross, almost every one he hits is along the ground at the byline. I agree though, a better final ball and a bit of confidence and he will be amazing.

Well I've not bothered watching this tonight, just listening on the radio.

Not MUCH excitement from them, but from what folk are saying  on here, we're having a really good game, and it's still only new season training.:thumbup:

4 minutes ago, DP FC said:

You have to realise there are two sides to a negotiation. He may not have came up here if it was set any higher.

enjoy it while you can, it could be money for nothing.

I just think we have had a habit over the years of undervaluing our players. Were doing it again with that clause IMO. 

7 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Still stand by the fact we have a 3.5mill release clause for Windass is our worst piece of business. 

I'm probably stating the obvious but does that mean if someone comes in with a bid of 3.5 he can be offski (if he wanted)?

8 minutes ago, FlippinEck said:

Im a little bit inclined to disagree here. There has almost been nobody in any good position for him to cross to. His passes have been begging for someone to get on the end of them. The further out someone is from the 6 yard box the harder they are to pick out. We need someone taking a chance and getting into that 6 yard box. We saw with the Kenny chance that that came after a good bit of passing play and Kenny had the space. O Halloran can make that space out of nothing all by himself and thats where he is at the disadvantage when it comes to him hoping someone else has taken that chance on him beating players and getting into the box.

I appreciate, at times there are not many options for him to find in the box, and producing that final cross, on a regular basis, is the difference between being a solid winger and a top top winger. Finding that cross is not easy but i'm just going on what i've seen over the past 6 months. He has the ability to glide past players for fun but IMO he hits the first man too often and doesn't have a great variety of cross. Don't get me wrong very few have the ability to pick out men on a regular basis and as I said I know it's not easy but I think if he is able to get a bit more consistency and variety in his crossing I think it will elevate him to another level. I'm a big fan of his and expect him to get better and better........

I like MOH as a player, direct, pacey and looks to beat players but if we signed a natural striker who finds those pockets of space in the box MOH would be getting 2-3 assists per game on form. A lot of the time he hits the byline, hitting a low cross only for there to be no one in the box

Happy with that half though, hopefully more goals to come

Just now, Laudrup1984 said:

I appreciate, at times there is not many options for him to find in the box, and producing that final cross, on a regular basis, is the difference between being a solid winger and a top top winger. Finding that cross is not easy but i'm just going on what i've seen over the past 6 months. He has the ability to glide past players for fun but IMO he hits the first man too often and doesn't have a great variety of cross. Don't get me wrong very few have the ability to pick out men on a regular basis and as I said I know it's not easy but I think if he is able to get a bit more consistency and variety in his crossing I think it will elevate him to another level. I'm a big fan of his and expect him to get better and better........

Definitely mate, not disagreeing with you. I think he has flattered to deceive so far albeit he has been hampered by a stop start start to his time here. I've been impressed with him so far this season. He set up the goal against Battery by hitting the byline the way he has in this game and could have had a couple more if not for poor finishing. I want to see him do well. He tore the taigs to shreds in a game at the piggery last season so the ability is definitely there somewhere!