Barton

RyanRfc

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I never seen Barton pull out of a tackle today so I'll disagree with you here.

Said he didn't go in with conviction, never said he pulled out of tackles, are you going to praise him for running half the park to cuddle Brown as the scum were heading up to the far corner after the game ? That for me, makes him a prick, who should never wear our jersey again.

Whether due to stupidity or naivety, I believe Joey has been winging it so far. I truly believe he underestimated the challenges he would face as a Gers player.

I think now the honeymoon is well and truly over Joey will do well to hammer down to training hard, behaving a lot more professionally with his off-field comments, and make sure he makes a big effort to show his true ability.

when he signed i was told he had some range of passing and hardly gives the ball away what the fuck has happened too Joey his passing awful and decision making is questionable thought he would be terrific signing he has shown sweet fuck all in rangers shirt what a disappoint and a fuckin let down hes been needs dropped if your not good enough you need be out the team can't stay there on reputation alone looked lost at times never really wanted it wasn't only one who let us down today but for wages and  large signing on fee he received needs get the head down stop tweeting get his finger out is arse and start training hard to improve our season or it will be bye bye joey at end of season.

Main problem I have with JB is that he's a livewire and an experienced livewire.

The gaffer doesn't have any experience of managing guys like this. Seems he can talk them into signing and sell them on his plans and ideas very well, but I dunno... it's not really about that going into a game.

Am concerned about Barton, and it's probably a similar situation with Kranjcar and Senderos.

Went in for every tackle today and up for every header. Won absolutely fuck all.

Would have hooked him with Niko at half time. Brought nothing to the game  and really needs to take a long hard look at himself. He put in an embarrassing performance today, and it was evident all he wanted to do was get one over broonaldo. He was made to look amateur today.

51 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Main problem I have with JB is that he's a livewire and an experienced livewire.

The gaffer doesn't have any experience of managing guys like this. Seems he can talk them into signing and sell them on his plans and ideas very well, but I dunno... it's not really about that going into a game.

Am concerned about Barton, and it's probably a similar situation with Kranjcar and Senderos.

Interesting point.

Mr Warburton comes across as sincere an honest, but Barton Kranjkar and Senderos have been round the block a few times and if it was going wrong might just be the first to look after themselves before the club......just saying........... maybe Mr Warburton and Mr Weir need to toughen up a wee bit with them, and especially when dealing with our other frailties in the defence and the current apparent lack of cohesion in determination and attitude. 

10 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Joey Barton is not the problem in our team right now. 

Neither is Kranjcar, Kiernan or Senderos  

Also I can't get these people that are blaming the board 

the buck stops with the manager. End of. 

I agree the buck stops at the manager for the current form and how shite we are. However the board do need to take blame for lack of investment. You can't expect to challenge signing free transfers and average past it guys from England. That's fantasy stuff. What was spent was badly spent, that again I agree falls at the managers feet.

Barton, Kranjcar, Senderos, are problems. Really poor signings by the manager and probably take up a fair wage between them.

In short, we can't expect to seriously compete by spending pennies. As I've said before, the manager has been given the tools to come 2nd. Failire to come 2nd should see the manager pack his bags.

6 minutes ago, MasterD said:

I agree the buck stops at the manager for the current form and how shite we are. However the board do need to take blame for lack of investment. You can't expect to challenge signing free transfers and average past it guys from England. That's fantasy stuff. What was spent was badly spent, that again I agree falls at the managers feet.

Barton, Kranjcar, Senderos, are problems. Really poor signings by the manager and probably take up a fair wage between them.

In short, we can't expect to seriously compete by spending pennies. As I've said before, the manager has been given the tools to come 2nd. Failire to come 2nd should see the manager pack his bags.

There is no point really evaluating the individual signings because as a collective the manager is just getting it wrong. The subject of this thread is Barton.

Joey Barton, as many have said, has not forgotten how to play football over the summer months. He is not a really poor signing. 

Using that as a litmus test then it's hard to judge other signings.

We have players who have enough quality to be competitive against that lot. We showed that last year. We certainly have enough quality in our ranks to beat Hamilton and Kilmarnock. 

A better football manager would be able to get enough out of this group of players. 

4 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

There is no point really evaluating the individual signings because as a collective the manager is just getting it wrong. The subject of this thread is Barton.

Joey Barton, as many have said, has not forgotten how to play football over the summer months. He is not a really poor signing. 

We have players who have enough quality to be competitive against that lot. We showed that last year. We certainly have enough quality in our ranks to beat Hamilton and Kilmarnock. 

A better football manager would be able to get enough out of this group of players. 

was thinking that myself after seeing souness in the sky studio at old Trafford thinking to myself those players would never attempt to put in a performance that we witnessed on Saturday if he was the rangers manager.i think mw is too soft and to loyal to some players and at ibrox that will not do.

23 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

I don't disagree with your point about a better manager being able to get enough out of this current group (tu)

Sadly MW has signed guys that don't fit whatever it is he tries to do and he's not the type of manager that can get a team to grind out results when the going gets tough.

He reminds me a bit of Roberto Martinez. Talks a good game, gives out the buzz words with philosophy, attacking, passing, possession. Always speaks positively, rarely comments on negative. Does well to start with then the naivety of their play comes out and they are too stubborn to deviate and end up struggling to progress.

He's a nice guy. He always speaks well and represents the club perfectly in interviews however as a manager the warning signs have been here since after his first few months. He's still new in managerial terms and it looks like he's out of his depth for a club that strives to be the best in the country.

47 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

The sad fact is Barton has basically been an empty jersey ! End of !:sherlock:

He can talk the talk, tweet the tweet but by what ive seen walk the walk? nah.

How we loved it when he was poking Scott Brown with a stick and noising up everyone, it was before we seen him huffing and puffing right enough, that Championship must be shite if he can get in the team of the season, talks cheap Joey.