Barton

RyanRfc

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Brown was shite all of last season.  Celtic fans wanted him out of their club after the last Old Firm game when Barrie skinned him and he missed a crucial penalty.  After a good start to this season he's back to being a world beater again?  Sorry, I'm not having it.  Barton has only played a handful of games for us, we're struggling badly, but he's still a very capable player.  I'm delighted Barton plays for Rangers and in the fullness of time I'm sure he'll prove himself to be a real asset to this team.

I agree mate,I do believe given time Barton could be a great asset to our team.However what worries me is that time is not on our side right now,we need guys to hit the ground running.If the rest of the team was playing well it probably wouldn't be as noticable if he was off form.Whole team needs to get the finger out pronto.

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Barton can't single-handedly carry this team to victory.  He needs help.  Guys like Kranjcar and Senderos threw in the towel yesterday.  Paul Pogba couldn't have prevented yesterdays disaster.

Fucking spot on there, cause' he's fucking pish. 

Barton is the best CDM in Scottish football.  Who in this country is better than him?  Brown has the benefit of paying in a much better team which makes him look better than he actually is.

Your going on what he was. He is showing no signs of being anything other than average. We've regressed as far as I am concerned. The pace and energy we once had in the middle of the park seems missing. I don't blame Barton solely for this but he technically looks far poorer than I expected.

I don't know who is better in Scotland as I don't watch any other team than ours. If it's a choice of Barton or Rossiter then it's Rossiter for me. 

1 minute ago, Number5 said:

I don't know who is better in Scotland as I don't watch any other team than ours. If it's a choice of Barton or Rossiter then it's Rossiter for me. 

Barton and Rossiter are the two best CDMs in this country.  Either one could've played yesterday and we would've still got fucked.  As I said, there's big problems at this club and if people want to point fingers there's better places to start.

I think Joey Barton is a good player and I actually believe it was and still is a coup we landed him, that being said I'm not sure of he's suited to our formation and as Mark Warburton is unlikely to change tactics anytime soon you have to wonder what the point is in having anyone that doesn't suit our system.

Just now, jintybear said:

Somebody told me today they heard that Barton has it in his contract that when fit he has to play. Don't know how reliable that information is but I hope to fuck it's a lot of shite.

Hope some cunt leathers him at training tomorrow then. 

Barton and Rossiter are the two best CDMs in this country.  Either one could've played yesterday and we would've still got fucked.  As I said, there's big problems at this club and if people want to point fingers there's better places to start.

It's just a pity neither of them played yesterday,only difference is that Rossiter had an excuse

5 minutes ago, jintybear said:

Somebody told me today they heard that Barton has it in his contract that when fit he has to play. Don't know how reliable that information is but I hope to fuck it's a lot of shite.

I would doubt that any club would agree to that.

13 minutes ago, jintybear said:

Really don't think thats the case mate, seen a few folk on fb suggest that too, Barton is a good player, we just came off the back of being a Championship team, I doubt Barton would've felt the need to include that into his contract? although I could be wrong.

To put Barton and Kranjcar in the same criticism is baseless. It makes no sense. 

Barton hasn't been able to cash the cheques that his mouth has been writing. He hasn't dominated the league the way that we expect. He hasn't been particularly bad though, and he isn't the reason the midfield isn't working.

1 hour ago, NixonRFC said:

I think Joey Barton is a good player and I actually believe it was and still is a coup we landed him, that being said I'm not sure of he's suited to our formation and as Mark Warburton is unlikely to change tactics anytime soon you have to wonder what the point is in having anyone that doesn't suit our system.

I don't think any of our players suit our system. Maybe it isn't the players that are pish and it's the system that is pish. Asking players to change their natural game to suit a new system is a managerial kop out imo. Surely the manager should be adopting a system to suit the players strengths? Aye, we have put in some great performances against shite teams, but it is clear as day that any decent team playing us gets the better of us. I hate the sticking to one formation pish, but if we had to pick one, 433 wouldn't be it. 

On 10 September 2016 at 1:55 PM, jdonald755 said:

Barton our best player on the park today...Kiernan who I backed,caused the first 2 goals...Barton was great and composed on the ball...Scott brown won the 50/50 as he hit the ball before it hit the ground...which is against the rules btw...50/50 means first one to hit the ball when the ball hits the ground...as u can see the ball doesn't hit the ground 

:lol:

He's underestimated Scottish football.

The quality of football is atrocious, yes, but it's high-paced, panic-merchant stuff and it's easy to be found looking like a rabbit caught in headlights if you're not prepared. That's what happened to Barton on Saturday.

Scott Brown has him on toast and that honestly fucking kills me because Brown is one medical stage off being a retard. You can't talk about being in a different league from someone, then lose a few ariel battles with them in a horrendous performance in a 5-1 gubbing. Watching Brown taking the piss as he left the field, staring at Barton, that was hard to watch. No Celtic captain should ever be able to refer to an Old Firm game as "men versus boys" either. Barton allowed that mug to do so.

1 minute ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

He's underestimated Scottish football.

The quality of football is atrocious, yes, but it's high-paced, panic-merchant stuff and it's easy to be found looking like a rabbit caught in headlights if you're not prepared. That's what happened to Barton on Saturday.

Scott Brown has him on toast and that honestly fucking kills me because Brown is one medical stage off being a retard. You can't talk about being in a different league from someone, then lose a few ariel battles with them in a horrendous performance in a 5-1 gubbing. Watching Brown taking the piss as he left the field, staring at Barton, that was hard to watch. No Celtic captain should ever be able to refer to an Old Firm game as "men versus boys" either. Barton allowed that mug to do so.

Agree. 

Think he's now had a helluva wake up call.

Still think he can do a decent job for us though I do prefer Rossiter from what I've seen of him.

Barton is trying to shield the CHs but in honesty all 4 of them have been so poor it's impossible.  Not helped by having to do all the defensive stuff himself with Niko a waste of a jersey.

Average at best so far but he has the ability. If the manager selected the right team I reckon he'd shine.