Warburton

STEPPS BOY

32 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

The thing that concerns me is where we will turn to if Warburton ends up out of a job.

We don't have a lot of money, that much is obvious, so who are we going to appoint as his replacement?

Guys like Davies, McInnes & Neilson will be brought up, but I don't think any of them would cut the mustard either.

Unfortunately if it were to be mid-season I could see our board bringing in McLeish in a caretaker role much like they did with McCall.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

I don't see any coming back from that tbh. If he isn't changing his way for our biggest game of the season then he never will and we'll continue to get pumped. 

Thanks for everything Mark, but it's time to move on. 

To bring in who? The worst thing we could do is get rid of him.

At the start I found it mental why AS let him go, he oozed class, tanked the media with ease and turned us around on the park; it truly was magic. 

Was there anything concrete reported why warburton left them - was it correct that he refused to change his philosophy of football and that didn't fit with the owner and board?

As much as I like that to a point and think it's brave, Warburton does seem like the man who will stick to his way, 'his way' at Rangers will cost him his job ultimately. 

I still believe in him and his philosophy. 

I also reckon we have the squad to move up the league.

But he needs to drop out of form players, stop picking folk based on reputation, and inject energy into the team.

We also urgently need to practice and improve dramatically defensively.

Now is the time to stop talking about learning from things, and saying what we're going to do. Now is the time to be strong and get the players doing what they can and must do.

I don't think Rangers is a job you learn at he just can't motivate the team and it's been obvious for a while, anyone who has mentioned it has been shouted down rather than listened to even when they have presented facts/ stats to back it up.

Yesterday was a disgrace and a few players should never pull on a Rangers top again.

With regret I have now come to believe that if MW is going to be our long term Manager he needs some serious support on the defending aspect of the game.  Identifying a defender, coaching, organising etc etc..... is it fair to say Davie Weir is contributing fuck all?

Granted I was behind the goal yesterday but for their first it appeared to me that no one was organising, talking............it is fucking unacceptable that their is an expectation of he ball ending upon our net every time a corner comes in.

Semi final, final, piggery - 4 goals conceded from corners.  Unacceptable, worse than that....predictable.

19 minutes ago, He's blue he's white said:

At the start I found it mental why AS let him go, he oozed class, tanked the media with ease and turned us around on the park; it truly was magic. 

Was there anything concrete reported why warburton left them - was it correct that he refused to change his philosophy of football and that didn't fit with the owner and board?

As much as I like that to a point and think it's brave, Warburton does seem like the man who will stick to his way, 'his way' at Rangers will cost him his job ultimately. 

I think Brentford and he parted way over a disagreement on signing policy/strategy.

I still believe in Warburton. Yes. the buck stop with him on the pitch, but the buck also stops with the board to make sure he has the resources to build a team. Buying players from the EPL lower leagues is not cheap, DK's board need to find a way to invest more into the team. 

To see your team demolished in an OF game and yet again go out and say that there was actually time during the game that your team played well and moved the ball around well, when we had like 2 corners for the whole game, and 1 shot, is ridiculous. I am quickly losing hope on MW. We were never even close to being good enough. The only somehow bright moment was our solid defending in the first 15 mins. Afterwards everyone started sitting back and kinda awaiting Celtic to attack, which they did. From there on it was just a matter of time before we concede, and the question was how many we will concede. Also our goal came out of nowhere, the only good attack we had for the whole match. Most of the players looked like they are playing their first proffesional game. 

11 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I still believe in Warburton. Yes. the buck stop with him on the pitch, but the buck also stops with the board to make sure he has the resources to build a team. Buying players from the EPL lower leagues is not cheap, DK's board need to find a way to invest more into the team. 

Yawn you're like a fucking broken record. 

10 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

You get what you pay for and King has not backed him. 

2 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

After everything that's happened since 2012, we need stability. The worst thing that could happen to us is to start playing hot potato with managers.

agreed, but managers will walk if they are not given enough funding to buy the 1st choice targets they want. 

12 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

agreed, but managers will walk if they are not given enough funding to buy the 1st choice targets they want. 

Agree with you wholeheartedly. It's nice to think Warburton will stay because he cares but the reality is he won't put up with broken promises next time. 

Having said that, there needs to be some sort of addition to the non-playing staff, whether coaching or even scouting, in order to fix our defensive frailties. There's no excuse for how bad this Rangers team is at defending. For that Warburton must take responsibility.

3 hours ago, wullyRFC said:

The fact his version of sorting a major defensive issue was to give Kiernan a new deal and sign a 38 year old has never been should have raised big questions but all you read on hear was that 'I trust MW' nonsense as if he was untouchable.

Too many folk blowing smoke up his arse.