****The Official Rangers v Queen of the South thread****

OceanRain

9 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Bit harsh on Garner IMO. If your manager tells you to go out wide, when in reality you are a central striker he can't do much. He's put himself about a bit and was where we want our striker to be last weekend when he scored. The service from the wingers has been diabolical this season.

Spot on.

1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

Queens are a good side this season, given the problems they have posed us in recent years I don't think this will be straightforward, a solid performance required here to get us through I would imagine.

I hate playing this mob, the bastards always up their game. 

Hard to know how we will line up tomorrow, if we were in good form and winning I would expect to see a few changes to the line up but since we are not the manager might stick with what he thinks is his strongest 11 to try and get them to play their way into some form with the obvious exception being Gilks who I am almost certain will start.

Fod

Tav Senderos Wilson Wallace

Windass Rossiter/Halliday Forrester

Mo'H Garner Waghorn

This would be my lineup. Tav, Forrester, Windass and Mo'H have been our best players this season and Rossiter showed promise before taking the knock, however, I'm not sure if he'll be available for tomorrow in which case Halliday would get the nod.

As shit a debut as Senderos had he can only get better and he's probably better than Hill.

Edit:

Honestly, I'd be tempted to drop Wallace as well.

2 hours ago, Bossorange said:

I hate playing this mob, the bastards always up their game. 

What mob doesnt. Whole o spfl is fueled by the hatred they harbour for us.

If celtic win the league this season, it would be "celtic won the league" it'll be "rangers failed to win the league" for most mouth breathers.

That's why i fear a helicopter Sunday, the team we'd play would make it tough while the other would lay down the the fenians

Team I'd pick - 

Foderigham; Tavernier, Senderos, Wilson, Hodson; Rossiter, Windass, Holt; O'Halloran, Forrester, Garner.

Team MW will probably pick - 

Foderingham (Maybe Gilks actually due to the fact it's cup competition); Tavernier, Senderos, Kiernan, Wallace; Halliday, Holt, Kranjčar; Miller, McKay, Garner.

Either way I think we'll smash them.

Gilks

Tavernier    Wilson          Hill    Hodson       

Crooks

Windass               Forrester

MOH                                                Dodoo 

Garner

I think we'll win this and I hope Wilson plays RCB this game because he looked more comfortable there on saturday and played well imo, also interested to see how Crooks and Windass link up as I've heard they were very good together at AS. Would love for MOH to get his start and show how good he can be for this game to try and force his way into the team.

3-1 to the Boys in blue with Dodoo, Garner and Windass getting the goals, MOH with 2 assists.

8 hours ago, Swagger said:

Just play Windass on his own - as long as he scores first we won't lose. 

That would be a tad arrogant. We should at least start a goalkeeper too. :sherlock:

I think it will be a difficult game for us. We need to start with pace and keep it up. No more of playing well for one half/failing to finish off chances.

On 17/09/2016 at 6:30 PM, OceanRain said:

rangers.jpgQOS.jpg

Rangers v QOTS

Betfred Cup Quarter Final

Tuesday, 20th September, k/o 7.45pm

Ibrox Stadium

Live on BT Sport 1

Last 5 results (latest first)

Rangers DLDWW

Queen of the South WWWWW

Previous meetings

26/03/16 Rangers 4 - 3 Queen of the South

21/02/16 Queen of the South 0 - 1 Rangers

17/10/15 Rangers 2 - 1 Queen of the South

30/08/15 Queen of the South 1 - 5 Rangers

17/05/15 Rangers 1 - 1 Queen of the South

09/05/15 Queen of the South 1 - 2 Rangers

09/04/15 Queen of the South 3 - 0 Rangers

Top Scorers

Rangers

5 M Waghorn

2 J Dodoo

2 H Forrester

2 C Hill

2 N Kranjcar

2 K Miller

Queen of the South

5 Kirkpatrick

5 D Mullen

5 S Pittman

5 G Spence

4 L Buchanan

4 A Ryan

The Light Blues worrying league form continued on Saturday as they were held to a 0-0 draw at home by Ross County. Meanwhile, QOTS strengthened their position at the top of the Scottish Championship with a 3-1 victory over Raith Rovers - their fifth consecutive win.

Still baffles me that Clint Hill is joint second top scorer ? Could have had another 2 on Saturday as well haha