Barton Suspended three weeks

derekweir29

2 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

I never said it would solve the football problems in fact i never mentioned anything regarding our performances on the pitch i just believe that its the right thing to do as he seemed to undermine MW and no matter what JB thinks of MW it shouldnt be aired in public.

It seems like the team have sat down after the Celtic game and things have got heated.  That happens and I'm glad the players are showing some passion.  Sending Barton away for 3-4 weeks is amateurish stuff from our club.  It was always going to be a circus the minute the club told him not to return to training.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Some of the stories I've heard in work today, read online and even on here, have been incredible.

I'm going to make one up on my own. Barton punched Halliday. He has a history for it and Halliday is still feeling the effects of in this morning's training session, captured by Willie Vass;

http://willievass.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/190916-Rangers-training/G0000uDZKhHKiQBg/I00007zTV0UP.zng/C0000SbYBJ4i8DFo

http://willievass.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/190916-Rangers-training/G0000uDZKhHKiQBg/I0000iaYdklHLz1I/C0000SbYBJ4i8DFo

Conspiracy theory you don't see MOH in any of those Pictures.

2 hours ago, BF2 said:

It's possible they don't have grounds to sack him and need more time to assess the situation. 

All this will do however is create a major distraction for a further 3 weeks when we should be putting our full focus on getting our season back on track.

Also the fact that this is the first official statement we've heard from the club on this matter 6 days after the story broke is a disgrace

Maybe Rangers want to hold some sort of investigation and will make a decision in 3 weeks.

I dont think on the spot firings happen anymore.....due prossess must be followed by any employer 

4 minutes ago, Ace said:

No it isn't but if we suspend him then I imagine we can't not pay him, imagine the rumours that would start (we'll you don't need to imagine ... just read back in this thread)

They will be there anyway Ace, we are the most talked about club in Scotland even when we were demoted.

Just now, Ace said:

No it isn't but if we suspend him then I imagine we can't not pay him, imagine the rumours that would start (we'll you don't need to imagine ... just read back in this thread)

While his wage shouldn't guarantee him a spot it should mean he at least has to be in training fighting to get into the team

Something more serious has likely gone on but what can we do if we aren't being told the full story?

1 minute ago, mrmojorisin said:

Maybe Rangers want to hold some sort of investigation and will make a decision in 3 weeks.

I dont think on the spot firings happen anymore.....due prossess must be followed by any employer 

Not an expert in employment law but if there's clear grounds for dismissal and an employer wants rid I don't think theres any reason to delay

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Rossiter's away with England i think.

Rossiter's away back to England?!

Maybe him and Barton are away down to Huyton to round up the troops, then bring them back up for a square go with Halliday, Scott Allan and their mates.

O'Halloran's involvement must also involve an underground druglord.

Get the Record on the 'phone...

Well the manager has every right to back himself up. 

When we signed him I thought he's not a typical warburton signing based on his previous dealings at Brentford and last summer but I genuinely thought he could be a difference maker in terms of challenging for the league, you know,the ball winner we so badly needed.

but it's just been so underwhelming from day one. His contract never started until July 1st, there was no flight out to the states to team up and bed in. I know he had media commitments but surely as a club we would want said player to integrate as quickly as possible? Especially given the team has terms like being efficiently hydrated before they train etc as it all leads to 2 weeks wages being fined.

i think this summer was full of mistakes from top to bottom and its having a massive effect on the pitch. 

Whatever issues are there we need to blank them out starting Tuesday 

1 hour ago, A.T.G said:

"Look Joey, I'm pissed off you think you can speak to me and Davie like that, we're the gaffers and we need you to realise you fucked up here, okay? Good? Sorted, now go see the boys and get back into it"

Should have been it really

So he should get a wee slap on the wrist for verbally abusing/insulting his gaffers and told to go back to work?  FFS, messages need to be sent to other players

17 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

MW deserves criticism given we've only won 2 of our opening 6 league games.  We don't have 500k to give Barton.  What you mean "get back to playing football" as if it's Barton's fault we're not performing?  Barton didn't play on Saturday and we failed to win yet again.  Getting rid of Barton wont solve anything the issues run a lot deeper.

Saturday was our best performance of the season by a mile and that was without Barton, might no have been perfection but we were painfully unlucky as well and we looked much better without his hindering presence. 

Yes it won't solve all our problems but it's the first step on the right track. 

Cannot for the life of me understand how anyone can argue with that. 

7 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Nor Jordan Rossiter. O'Halloran and Rossiter have definitely sided with Barton. The three of them were probably at Nando's while the first team were training.

All jokes aside but I wouldn't be at all surprised if this has caused a divide in the squad. Whether it shows or not is another matter but I'd find it hard to believe there won't be a few players in the squad that were probably thinking what Barton actually had the balls to say and could be a bit unhappy about this situation.

I think we'd all be a bit naive to think that everyone at the club agrees Barton was the problem and that everything will be rosy in his absence.

5 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

Well the manager has every right to back himself up. 

When we signed him I thought he's not a typical warburton signing based on his previous dealings at Brentford and last summer but I genuinely thought he could be a difference maker in terms of challenging for the league, you know,the ball winner we so badly needed.

but it's just been so underwhelming from day one. His contract never started until July 1st, there was no flight out to the states to team up and bed in. I know he had media commitments but surely as a club we would want said player to integrate as quickly as possible? Especially given the team has terms like being efficiently hydrated before they train etc as it all leads to 2 weeks wages being fined.

i think this summer was full of mistakes from top to bottom and its having a massive effect on the pitch. 

Whatever issues are there we need to blank them out starting Tuesday 

He couldn't get a visa for America cos he has been in jail

I think that Rangers are hoping he goes public again and then he can get the boot

Here's hoping that he opens his mouth

IMHO 4 week suspension can't just be for opening your mouth and delivering home truths,he's overstepped the mark by a long way here to get such a lengthy lay off

We all have a choice now,back the manager or back Barton and i know who is more worthy of my trust 

5 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Saturday was our best performance of the season by a mile and that was without Barton, might no have been perfection but we were painfully unlucky as well and we looked much better without his hindering presence. 

Yes it won't solve all our problems but it's the first step on the right track. 

Cannot for the life of me understand how anyone can argue with that. 

Ross County aren't a great side, it's was at Ibrox, we were always going to dominate.  If Barton played instead of Halliday on Saturday we would've been just as good. 

11 minutes ago, Misteral said:

So he should get a wee slap on the wrist for verbally abusing/insulting his gaffers and told to go back to work?  FFS, messages need to be sent to other players

How do you know it was verbal assault or insulting? He got suspended for a week even if it was that bad, the best thing for the club and team was to suspend him for a week, get his apology and intentions of not behaving that way again and getting on with it

Quicker we get the team to be a team again is when we start improving on this disaster of a campaign

18 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

It seems like the team have sat down after the Celtic game and things have got heated.  That happens and I'm glad the players are showing some passion.  Sending Barton away for 3-4 weeks is amateurish stuff from our club.  It was always going to be a circus the minute the club told him not to return to training.

I was glad there was passion there too but we dont know what really happened last week. It must have been quite serious for all of this and i would rather have MW show who is boss than have a player with a massive ego strutting about saying and doing as he wishes upsetting the whole dressing room without consequence. Yes it is embarrassing but IMO it is also the correct decision

From Acas:

Can an employee be dismissed instantly for bad behaviour?

What kind of situations might warrant a summary dismissal and can they ever be serious enough to bypass normal disciplinary procedures?

Generally, employers understand the importance of setting out clear rules and standards of conduct in the workplace, backed up by a fair disciplinary procedure.

In most circumstances, the disciplinary process involves establishing the facts, informing the employee, holding a disciplinary meeting, and then taking action while providing an opportunity for the employee to appeal.

But are there any disciplinary situations so serious that this process can be bypassed with instant dismissal?

Instant dismissal, more accurately called summary dismissal or dismissal without notice, should only be considered in cases involving acts of 'gross misconduct'. Even then, fair disciplinary procedures must be followed, so dismissal is hardly ever literally 'instant'.

What an organisation regards as acts of gross misconduct should be clear from its disciplinary rules. Typically, they might include such things as theft or fraud, physical violence, gross negligence, incapacity due to alcohol or illegal drugs, and serious insubordination.

Generally speaking, an act of gross misconduct is considered to be serious enough to overturn the contract between employer and employee, so justifying summary dismissal.

However, even in these cases it's still vital that the employer follows a fair procedure as for any disciplinary offence. Failing to establish the facts before taking action and holding a meeting with the employee, and denying the employee the right to appeal is highly likely to be considered unfair at an employment tribunal and lead to a claim against the employer.

It may not be appropriate for the employee to be at work while facts are established, so a short period of suspension on full pay may be helpful. But a suspension should only be imposed after careful consideration. It should be made clear to the employee that it is not in itself a disciplinary action and does not involve any prejudgement.