All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

This has probably happened hundreds of times at our club without our knowledge someone's seen a wee earner in the Barton story and blabbed to the Press.

Doubt it.

Whenever anything negative happens at our club the press are onto it like a fly on shite.

It's been that way since I can remember.

I don't know why everybody is laughing like fuck that Ian Black is being called a "Legend"; because his name is mentioned in the same company as Moses McNeil, Tiger Shaw, Davie Meiklejohn, through to Jim Baxter, Brian Laudrup, Davie Cooper, Ally McCoist and Ronald de Boer et al.

Now before you think I've lost the plot here; let me explain that I have a list of every notable player that pulled on the famous Rangers shirt since our inception in 1872 up to the end of season 2015-2016 and believe it or not Ian Black is in there along with the other "legends" of Nicky Clark, Dean Shiels and Nicky Law. :power_of_anguish:

I thought some fucking Tarrier must have hacked the site when I saw those names.....Or indeed whoever added those names knows fuck all about football, but then again; Bob Malcolm, Chris Burke and  Maurice Ross are also on there, so I'm fucked if I know.:pipe:

57 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Imagine how quiet Ibrox will be if he does actually play for us again and scores?

What with all these people refusing to acknowledge he plays for us.

he wont be playing again, make no mistake about that. His comment that he would like to play for us again is all part of the poker game around his pay off and a subtle hint to Rangers it will cost you

44 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

If our board and MW accept JB back into the fold, then they would be disrespecting their decision in what would be a very big one indeed. We may have a different view on MW team selections and tactics and so on from time to time, but the JB one would be a matter of principle, so either get behind the manager, or we do not and if we do not, that will speak volumes.

Have you ever made a post and it hasn't has the word 'board' in it?

I don't expect or want it because I think we're better off moving on from the whole circus but if he somehow did get back into the plans and kept his mouth shut it would again come down to if his performances on the park produce. Kenny Miller committed the ultimate sin but won his way back into the Rangers family through his efforts on the park

I absolutely don't think that'll be the case with Barton and his tweets probably are gamesmanship but football can have a habit of surprising people

I hope he's finished at us. 

He's shown already that his quality is outweighed by negatives. Someone put it perfectly earlier, 'Players should be honoured to play for Rangers, Barton thinks Rangers should be honoured he plays for us'.

I also think if Warburton lets him back in, he'll be on his way to no longer being our manager. 

7 minutes ago, OhW said:

That's exactly what it is. Adding a smiley and saying "fuck up" doesn't devalue what I have said. 

No, it's called having a different opinion to you. If you can't handle people having a different opinion to you then maybe a forum isn't the right place for you.

Just now, Dazzler said:

No, he'd need to play as well as he made out he could before he would get my backing.

That's the major problem now last week the fans showed who's side they where on. So that's why I don't see him playing again.

Anyone that pulls on the jersey should get the backing of the fans

1 hour ago, B1872 said:

Have you ever made a post and it hasn't has the word 'board' in it?

Well the board, for good or bad are the board. The control and run our club from top to bottom. Provide is with a budget to challenge and make our mark in this league. They are all encompassing, so the logic tells me that have a role in all things to do with the club as the board are ultimately responsible and accountable in law and operationally and in the Barton situation, very relevant to the future.

The board are the board I'm afraid.

10 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

If the manager gives him a second chance would he get your backing?

I'll back any player in a Rangers jersey on that park for the 90 minutes that we play. But to back him off it he'd need to shut his stupid mouth and accept that Joey Barton never has been, is not now, and never will be, bigger than Rangers football club. And neither are his delusions of grandeur.

1 hour ago, B1872 said:

Get rid FS! His chat just now about wanting to play for us is nothing more than him trying to get compensation from the club. Don't trust the tarrier cunt!

how can he get compo by playing for the club? he'd get his wages if he plays, he'd get his wages if he sits out the rest of his contract doing nowt.

the fact some want players like paysmith, yer havin a lafferty and macshagger back at the club and they done the biggest no no when they walked out on the club, shafted us in the process and signed for another club without giving us a transfer fee.

13 minutes ago, sugar_free_pizza said:

how can he get compo by playing for the club? he'd get his wages if he plays, he'd get his wages if he sits out the rest of his contract doing nowt.

the fact some want players like paysmith, yer havin a lafferty and macshagger back at the club and they done the biggest no no when they walked out on the club, shafted us in the process and signed for another club without giving us a transfer fee.

I think what he means is that by Barton saying he's not going anywhere, he believes that he's trying to force the clubs hand because it means if we want to get rid we'd need to buy out his contract.

Whereas if he says anything else We could sack him without paying a penny.

IF he comes back, he has to accept / realise that Warburton is in charge, not him, and that our club is far, far bigger than he could ever dream of being. He also needs to start respecting the job and the people around him. He should also have to earn his spot and not be just handed games. His performances so far haven't warranted him starting automatically. That's IF he comes back...

I wouldn't be surprised if this stuff he's saying about wanting to come back and play more old firms etc, is just so if he does get cut, he can say well I made it clear I wanted to come back and give it my all and play for Rangers but they cut me... 

I don't have any confidence he can get past his own arrogance / ego problems. He'll still continue to think he's the best player in the league / team even though he certainly isn't close and hasn't earned that title yet. I can't see him being able to handle criticism from players he sees as being below him all of a sudden either.

Fuck knows though!