***The official Rangers vs. St Johnstone match thread***

1 minute ago, Gooseman said:

I take it straight Johnstone didn't read the script?  We're they just supposed to turn up,  and stand about watching us pass the ball leisurely into the net to rack up a cricket score?  The entire point of a competitive game of football is to have two teams trying to win.  During the souness / Smith years teams were actually afraid to play us.  They knew that they were beaten before they left the bus.  Celtic have achieved this by getting us removed from the league for 4 years.  We have a forward thinking manager,  an attack minded philosophy, granted with a few areas that need improving, but on the whole I would argue that we are on the right track,  nowhere close to the finished article but getting there.  Can everyone stop being so fucking pathetic and greeting faced?  Take a leaf out of big Marvin's book and keep believing.... 

2zoyvrt.jpg

Mate that tonight was a shambles and not the first time either I wish I had your optimism but the serious lack of changing a game by our manager worries me.

10 minutes ago, Ibroxric72 said:

Dont know whats happened to us. Where has the pressing, quick passing and movement game gone? We used to pulverise teams and the opposition weren't that much worse than St Johnstone jeez

No disrespect mate . But when did we last pulverise any team  in a big match .

Possibly Dundee SC tie ,Beggars scsf . Every other big game ,we have lost including 2 away each to Falkirk and Hivs .

It's unacceptable now

No surprise tonight, easy to say in hindsight but I suspected tonight would either be a scrappy come from behind draw or the night things would finally click. The latter of course being more from hope than expectation. Where Warburton goes from here is the question, the media knives are already out for him, that will only be amplified now.

If he comes out with the usual 'players took a lot of confidence from Sunday....we trained exceptionally well.... we'll analyse and learn from this' then he'll deserve all the flak that will inevitably come his way.

6 minutes ago, Gooseman said:

I take it stJohnstone didn't read the script?  Were they just supposed to turn up,  and stand about watching us pass the ball leisurely into the net to rack up a cricket score?  The entire point of a competitive game of football is to have two teams trying to win.  During the souness / Smith years teams were actually afraid to play us.  They knew that they were beaten before they left the bus.  Celtic have achieved this by getting us removed from the league for 4 years.  We have a forward thinking manager,  an attack minded philosophy, granted with a few areas that need improving, but on the whole I would argue that we are on the right track,  nowhere close to the finished article but getting there.  Can everyone stop being so fucking pathetic and greeting faced?  Take a leaf out of big Marvin's book and keep believing.... 

2zoyvrt.jpg

I would argue that its not the fans but in fact our Manager and players who seem to think this shoud be the case.

2 minutes ago, rbr said:

We are 2 points off second and yet we aren't playing any where near what we are capable off , we need to calm down and stick with the team. 

we have played 10 games and have 16 points, a goal difference of 0 and don't have good enough players to play the system we insist on.

Warburton either needs to sign players to improve the first team now, not prospects who will be decent in a few seasons, or change the system to suit his 11 best players. I like the way we dominate possession but we don't have a natural goal scorer in the team and recently we haven't been creating decent chances so something needs to change, we have tried a few combinations of players in the system but it's very clear that other teams find it easy to defend against and counter attack, 4-3-3 would be brilliant with good players but do we really need to play a system that our players aren't good enough for?

Rossiter hopefully has the mobility to play defensive mid as halliday isn't good enough to play there at this level imo but if not we can't just accept playing a system with so much importance placed on a position we don't have quality in

9 minutes ago, Gooseman said:

I take it stJohnstone didn't read the script?  Were they just supposed to turn up,  and stand about watching us pass the ball leisurely into the net to rack up a cricket score?  The entire point of a competitive game of football is to have two teams trying to win.  During the souness / Smith years teams were actually afraid to play us.  They knew that they were beaten before they left the bus.  Celtic have achieved this by getting us removed from the league for 4 years.  We have a forward thinking manager,  an attack minded philosophy, granted with a few areas that need improving, but on the whole I would argue that we are on the right track,  nowhere close to the finished article but getting there.  Can everyone stop being so fucking pathetic and greeting faced?  Take a leaf out of big Marvin's book and keep believing.... 

2zoyvrt.jpg

Please define to me what you mean by getting there ? we have been utter pish since beating the bheggars in April . If 6 months of playing pure mince is getting there I dread to think what we would be like if we were not "getting there.  

6 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

Believe? I demand we have a chance of winning it every season

Good for you , we have no money , no retail , a mountain of litigation going on , but yeah you demand away , good luck with that attitude , we need patience , we need a steady hand and a plan to get us back to where we all want to be , but this is going to take either time or a hell of a lot of money .

50 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

At home as well, it's just not fucking on.

You'll hear the boos

Fucking shite 

No doubt the king arse lickers will be out in force in defiance of this shambles of a fucking team

This is meant to be Rangers.

We're being fucking mugged off as if cunts. Warburton is a rookie fuckstick and our board has been cobbled together by  a catastrophic triumvirate of skint bastards 

Fucking shite. 6th if we are lucky. 

13 minutes ago, rbr said:

We are 2 points off second and yet we aren't playing any where near what we are capable off , we need to calm down and stick with the team. 

Yes, but for how long if we stick with a predictable team and equally predictable manager. We can all see it, the team has lurched from game to game with absolutely no direction and threat. I'm realistic, as I expected a European place- but even the chance of third place is looking very far away as we cannot win home games against our potential rivals for that place. Warburton has to go, allow another manager a chance to turn this around. 

2 minutes ago, rbr said:

So what's everyone's answer , sack the management team , and pay them their severance with what exactly , hire a new management team , and we still have the same squad , WE HAVE NO MONEY 

If we are not going to spend money getting players then we need to play a system to get the best out the players, Warburton wants to play 433 but our squad isn't able to do that at the moment, if we don't utilise the player we do have then we aren't going to improve

16 minutes ago, rbr said:

Good for you , we have no money , no retail , a mountain of litigation going on , but yeah you demand away , good luck with that attitude , we need patience , we need a steady hand and a plan to get us back to where we all want to be , but this is going to take either time or a hell of a lot of money .

You need to grow a set. The current board have been in place 18 months. Where is their money and fucking plan? And dont give me this shit about the retail cash, iwhat difference will £2 million make!

5 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

You need to grow a set. The current board have been in place 18 months. Where is their money and fucking plan?

What does our present predicament have to do with me growing a set , be like you and greet on a forum or what , fancy storming the front door of Ibrox , I will stick with patience and a belief that this guy will turn things around , it's all about opinions .