***The official Rangers vs. St Johnstone match thread***

4 minutes ago, Bighouse said:

After an old firm loss you want a reaction from the team, you want them fired up and look to put things right. Well that's twice now that we've failed to see any sort of reaction from this Rangers side after such a result.

People say it's a work in progress or a 4 year plan. That may be the case, but instilling a fighting spirit and a fire in stomach is something that should be drilled into a team well before now. We looked weak out there - no conviction or incision and far to easily shrugged off the ball at times. In short, we look very easy to play against all over the park.

Chasing our tails at home. It's the McCoist years all over again

No its not that bad. Not even close.

28 minutes ago, JCS said:

We struggled not because St Johnstone played better (although they did) but, rather, because we simply kept giving the ball to them, making schoolboy errors, consistently make the wrong decisions and were incapable of beating a player one to one. Our play was so predictable and totally lacking in creativity and invention. It seems that no matter what the changes in the team we are incapable of closing out a game. The standard of the SPFL is relatively poor and St Johnstone are as average as they come, but that only serves to demonstrate just how average we are. It's so frustrating, but I don't believe we can improve with this current a quad - to many under-performers.

Definitely all of this...... plus Kiernan is actually worse than everybody says and we don't have one single player that can tackle.

Just now, Blue101 said:

St Johnstone flooded the midfield at the start of the 2nd half which, not for the first time, stopped supply to the front 3.  the manager continued to change the front 3 rather than adding another player in the middle of the park.

all season this has happened. 

1 minute ago, Blue101 said:

St Johnstone flooded the midfield at the start of the 2nd half which, not for the first time, stopped supply to the front 3.  the manager continued to change the front 3 rather than adding another player in the middle of the park.

Or having the ability to foresee this and sign players who can mix it up hold it allowing you to play over a flooded midfield or high press without having to concede possession

The manager is as one dimensional as this team. We might not be able to get rid of him, but he is well and truly done and I think the players both know it and he has lost them.

The constant passing the ball out from the back is a joke. Fod's is clearly uncomfortable with it, as are the defence in receiving it. It's fucking embarassing and we are as slow as a week in the jail doing it. We are a fucking laughing stock.

9 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I'm surprised that folk are surprised that a midfield containing Halliday and Holt are getting bullied..

it happened against Hibs and Falkirk virtually everytime we played them last season.

The signings we made strengthened the squad, how many actually strengthened our team?

The golden boy Halliday is Gash, like king and Murray we fawn over the Rangers men. 

I take it stJohnstone didn't read the script?  Were they just supposed to turn up,  and stand about watching us pass the ball leisurely into the net to rack up a cricket score?  The entire point of a competitive game of football is to have two teams trying to win.  During the souness / Smith years teams were actually afraid to play us.  They knew that they were beaten before they left the bus.  Celtic have achieved this by getting us removed from the league for 4 years.  We have a forward thinking manager,  an attack minded philosophy, granted with a few areas that need improving, but on the whole I would argue that we are on the right track,  nowhere close to the finished article but getting there.  Can everyone stop being so fucking pathetic and greeting faced?  Take a leaf out of big Marvin's book and keep believing.... 

2zoyvrt.jpg

Just home and want to say that was absolutely and utterly pathetic as soon as ten minutes everyone in the stadium could see we were struggling everyone but the manager obviously as he kept it the same for the whole 90 mins.

His substitutions absolutely baffle me?? Like for like and ineffectual.....Fecking soul destroying.

8 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

see this decent performance ? is this when S J let us have the ball on the edge of their box, they got their tactics spot on, the same as most other spfl teams. 

You've got a point, but I think we kept the ball there. You are right though when you imply that teams are comfortable with us just outside the box. We really don't have that cutting edge. It means that not only don't we score but we enable teams to counter attack. We also seem pretty slow in the counter attack. O'Halloran was a standout for me but I was disappointed with the number of times Holt gave the ball away and how slow the man with the ball is in seeing runs.