MOH

RangersMedia

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has always been our best, but for some reason MW was having none of it and was only put in as a last resort due McKay being so poor along with the team in general.

I give Warburton no credit for constantly overlooking him and it was a disgrace. ALL credit to Michael for hanging on in there and no doubt many of the taig accusing haters (you know who you are) are choking in their vomit.

I think he deserves heaps of praise for today's performance. I wouldn't blame him for putting in a half arsed performance today as he's usually left warming the bench for some reason but he showed everyone today what he can do. His final ball wasn't great at times but he covered every blade of grass on that right side. I was impressed with the defensive side he showed too always tracking back and sticking in some decent tackles. With him on the right I think it gives tavs a bit more freedom because MOH has the pace to track back and cover.

Aye, good stuff.

And double marked most of the time too. Has an uncanny knack of managing to delicately wriggle through between his two markers.

giphy.gif

Fuckin yaas. Keep it up, son.

19 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Has always been our best, but for some reason MW was having none of it and was only put in as a last resort due McKay being so poor along with the team in general.

I give Warburton no credit for constantly overlooking him and it was a disgrace. ALL credit to Michael for hanging on in there and no doubt many of the taig accusing haters (you know who you are) are choking in their vomit.

His final ball isn't good enough, no use having unbelievable pace and not finding a man, he needs to work on that aspect of his game.

41 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

His final ball isn't good enough, no use having unbelievable pace and not finding a man, he needs to work on that aspect of his game.

He usually wins a corner if he doesn't find a man. Hard to shape a cross whilst moving like road runner 

2 hours ago, psb07158 said:

It lifted the crowd immediately and I think that went through to the players. We were excellent today

When Ibrox is buzzing it's a magnificent place to be. it died out a little in the 2nd half but the game was won by then. 

Exactly. Tempo from the players like today gets the crowd more involved and that's when teams will struggle against us. Even shit teams can look decent when they have plenty of time on the ball and are rarely stretched due to our pedestrian play. 

I thought he was excellent today, never shat out of a tackle and took on 1,2 or 3 players as good wingers typically do. I agree with others that his final ball could have been better but given games that will change I think, especially when Halliday or Holt start to read his play.

Put his heart and soul into it today.

Obviously trying to impress to get his move away, he doesn't want to be here remember:lol:

In all seriousness, he played really well but did look fucked later on in the game.

Once other players in the team learn his game he can be a real asset, noticed him and Tav seemed a bit better together today aswell so hopefully they have sorted out any differences they may have had.

16 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

Not over let concerned with his crossing as other than joe garner I can't see many headers being scored and cutbacks in to the box will probably suit this squad better

It's looking good with him and garner just now we probably would've had more points on the board had he started more games and garner been here from early pre season 

He looks a lot more confident on the ball, his ability to have the ball and dribble with it, especially when the opposing players is closing him, has improved. Some cutbacks didn't work, but if he keeps it going and picks the pass better with more game time then he will get better. Electric pace and his use of the ball at his feet, especially in riding the initial tackle to lose his man, are a real asset.

44 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

He looks a lot more confident on the ball, his ability to have the ball and dribble with it, especially when the opposing players is closing him, has improved. Some cutbacks didn't work, but if he keeps it going and picks the pass better with more game time then he will get better. Electric pace and his use of the ball at his feet, especially in riding the initial tackle to lose his man, are a real asset.

Really enjoyed watching him head for the goalline today.

Bit unlucky with several crosses, but it's a numbers game - the more times you get him away, the more dangerous situations he'll create.

3 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Really enjoyed watching him head for the goalline today.

Bit unlucky with several crosses, but it's a numbers game - the more times you get him away, the more dangerous situations he'll create.

Has he changed his game possibly? He seems to have dropped deeper, and instead of running on to the ball near the opposition boxl he takes it from either around the halfway line or near enough and runs with it. He has brought the best out of Garner because he knows O'Halloran will give him certain chances. Hopefully this is the beginning of O'Halloran being a very good player for Rangers.