Our best 11

Tam Müller

Top display today. Dominant, ruthless 3-0 to send us a point clear in second place. For me i felt that to a man we were spot on. MOH was deserved motm and should keep his starting place no real defensive blunders or worries, andy had a stinker on Wednesday but was sharp again today.

Just curious if anybody would make any changes for next week?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, WGOH said:

Kiernan and Hill were excellent again today

Hills been top class despite a few early blunders thought wilson was excellent with him but even Kiernan's looked the business next to him.

Hopefully a run of a few games will get Garner on the scoresheet more often and set him on his way for a spree 

Yeah its gotta be the 11 until we dip in form or lose, everyone was excellanct.  Not getting carried away as I expect us to beat teams like Kilmarnock, however considering the current situations I'm really pleased were looking good and hopeful we can continue to build confidence.

Really like Garner, 

Can't fault any players today at all. 

Fod - didn't have much to do

Tav - pipped to the post by MoH for MOTM. Tackling was immense. Shots were shite.

Kernan - defended well when required, passing still needs worked on

Hill - really growing on me now, he seems to control the defence quite well. Great passion

Wallace - great finish, energetic as ever, decent runs, couple of good challenges but did let the ball into the box a couple of times  

Halliday - covered well, scored pen, took a beating, never surrendered

Holt - always adds a bit of a spark to our midfield. Feel the team plays better with him in the squad

Windass - he's going to be a great player. Super vision, quick feet, tests keeper with long range efforts

Miller - Always want to see him start. Covered a lot of ground in the first half and created problems for Kilmarnock. 

Garner - seems to be coming into his own and really glad he got another goal. Hope he makes it 3 (or more) for 3 next Sunday. 

MoH - deserved to get MotM withought a doubt. Work rate, pace and determination creates so many chances. Just wish he'd look up more before passing into the box. 

If MoH and Garner can link up better I think we'd have a formidable attacking partnership there. 

Hope we don't see any changes at all next Sunday at Ross County. Each and every player out there today has earned their start next week. 

O halloran and garner worked really well together today. Obviously o halloran in particular was great. Would love to see them getting a run of games together to build on that. 

Hill was excellent again, he makes it look easy. I wrote him off after the first couple of games too, totally unjustified 

Really like big clint, shows great passion and is a good defender, had a slightly shaky start but now making the boo boys (me included) eat our words. Best defender at the club IMHO. What I really liked was when the camera turned and showed him going absolutely mental at players not picking up people and clearing there lines, good to see!

1 hour ago, Tam Müller said:

Top display today. Dominant, ruthless 3-0 to send us a point clear in second place. For me i felt that to a man we were spot on. MOH was deserved motm and should keep his starting place no real defensive blunders or worries, andy had a stinker on Wednesday but was sharp again today.

Just curious if anybody would make any changes for next week?

Does this mean that our manager will be staying for another week?

37 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

He was poor on Wednesday and untested today. Wilson is the better player and we've been at our best defensively with that partnership. You're being too soft. 

Completely disagree. Won almost every single header today and Wednesday. 

14 minutes ago, WGOH said:

Completely disagree. Won almost every single header today and Wednesday. 

If you think he won even 50% of headers on Wednesday i don't know what to say to you mate. Worst defender i've ever seen in the air. We're a far better side without him, no doubt about it. 

Our defence is organised Clint Hills on fire:001: Still hoping it catches on:lol:

Clint Hills experience and organisational skills are top drawer. That Coulibaly boy didn't have a sniff all day and when he did Clint Hill went fucking ballistic. Great to see. 

Finally everyone can see what Joey Garner brings to the table. The amount of pish about his diving n playing style is embarrassing. He wins us 4 or 5 free kicks a game and if the ref didn't think it was a foul would he really give it to Rangers? No. Garner will really come into his own and I still think he'll bag us 20 goals. 

Windass is so positive it's great. Never looks back and always drives forward exactly what we need. 

MOH gives you power and directness which Mckay doesn't give you. He just goes for it and if he can work on his crossing abilities we have a fantastic winger on our hands. 

MW will lose all my respect if he dares to change that team for next week unless we get injuries. That team has a bit of everything and we went back to our habit of chasing everything down and winning the ball back. Great days work 

1 hour ago, WGOH said:

Kiernan has done nothing wrong to he dropped 

Agree with that. We've quite rightly given Kiernan absolute pelters on here previously but when he actually starts to play well what message does it send out to the player to drop him. Would ruin his confidence. 

Guys like Mackay, Wilson, Waghorn etc should be watching that and thinking, 'we need to improve to get back in the side'. Exactly how it should be. There have been far too many supposed automatic starters and passengers in our side lately. 

2 hours ago, Vanoli said:

If you think he won even 50% of headers on Wednesday i don't know what to say to you mate. Worst defender i've ever seen in the air. We're a far better side without him, no doubt about it. 

Absolutely. Even when he wins a header, he only half wins it. It tends to drop unconvincingly somewhere round about him, whereas a Moore or Amoruso or Gough or MacPherson or Weir would have had it half way into the opposition's half.

Kiernan wasn't really tested today, but once or twice he still showed that he has no idea whatsoever about how to attack a football in the air. Once or twice his efforts at making a tackle were suspect as well.

Still don't rate him, for all he's improved a bit.

I enjoyed the game today. Not said that since April.

Didn't actually want any subs on today as it was going so well.

Hopefully same 11 starts next weekend. They deserve it and I think a bit of continuity for players performing well will do us good.