Wallace

Blackandra

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't support the Scottish national team for a variety of reasons and I'm completely indifferent to their results.

However, anyone that has allowed the SNP or the Tartan Army to rip them of their own Scottish identity needs to grow a fucking backbone and get a grip. There is nothing more cringey than Rangers fans shitting on the Saltire or calling kilts "skirts" in an effort to look uber British.

Breaking news: Scotland is a member of the Union. Scottish independence was rejected. But you want to let nationalists dictate your Scottishness? Grow a pair.

As for wishing humiliation on an international stage for the Rangers captain, that is absolutely despicable. 

5 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

I don't support the Scottish national team for a variety of reasons and I'm completely indifferent to their results.

However, anyone that has allowed the SNP or the Tartan Army to rip them of their own Scottish identity needs to grow a fucking backbone and get a grip. There is nothing more cringey than Rangers fans shitting on the Saltire or calling kilts "skirts" in an effort to look uber British.

Breaking news: Scotland is a member of the Union. Scottish independence was rejected. But you want to let nationalists dictate your Scottishness? Grow a pair.

As for wishing humiliation on an international stage for the Rangers captain, that is absolutely despicable. 

Spot on mate. also I am in the same boat for your opening line.

1 minute ago, Essandoh said:

There has been civil wars in the past to eradicate the rebellious filth that would seek to bring us down to the level of separation, well I have news for you, we are at the very situation that caused the civil wars, don't lay the blame on Rangers fans doorstep, take a look at the filth that has hijacked our nation. 

6 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

There has been civil wars in the past to eradicate the rebellious filth that would seek to bring us down to the level of separation, well I have news for you, we are at the very situation that caused the civil wars, don't lay the blame on Rangers fans doorstep, take a look at the filth that has hijacked our nation. 

Not only have you not addressed why you'd let others dictate your own national identity but you've claimed Scotland is set for civil war which is stuff befitting of Cybernats. Absolute dramatised nonsensical drivel.

Continue pounding your chest though if it makes you feel more British than the Queen.

Maybe it's an age thing, I'm an old bastard, but I always want Scotland to do well and think it is good for the domestic game if the national side are playing well. However I find I don't really care if Rangers players are picked, and that goes against my wanting Scotland to do well. I think it's because I don't want our players dragged into the mediocrity that the national team has become. That England team was there for the taking and Scotland couldn't even hurt them, and while I think Wallace had a good game, the rest of the team was crap.

26 minutes ago, CottonRunt said:

Compare and contrast the player ratings from an English Media source (The Independent - http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/england-scotland-player-ratings-adam-lallana-daniel-sturridge-a7412181.html)

Look at Wallace's rating, and have a look at Scott Brown's.

Now, check out the player ratings from the Scottish Media Source (Daily Record - http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/football-news/scotland-player-ratings-who-pass-9245184)

If you don't want to give the DR site hits, check below.

Reveal hidden contents

Scott Brown is given a 7 with the following comment "Three months of retirement has done the Celtic midfielder no harm. Started the game with a fury, perpetual motion as he orchestrated the pressing and certainly didn’t need an armband on to show his leadership. Wind came out of his sails like everyone else after the third but dug in nonetheless."

Whereas Wallace is given a 6 with the following comment "Three years on from his last cap and six from his last start, he actually started well and pushed on.  But a lack of care with the ball was frustrating at times when the back four were under pressure. Also caught ball watching badly as Lallana came late for a free header at England’s second.

Massive difference of opinion between the two pieces but if I'm honest Scott Brown was never a 4. I thought both Wallace and Brown were Scotland's best 2 players and both were a 7. Not really relevant but here's my ratings:-

CG - 5 - Got a glove on at least one of the goals. A stronger hand keeps the ball out.

IA - 6- Never done too much wrong but never a RB. Not directly involved with any of the goals but would the taller Callum Paterson have stopped at least one of the three headed goals either directly or indirectly? Had a horrible sclaff of a cross in the first half.

CB - 5 - Ironic his initials are CB because on that showing he never defended like a CB. Part of a central pairing that lost THREE headed goals.

GH - 4 - More irony in the fact that if he hadn't done so well to create the space to have a head at goal in the first half he would have the same rating as his poor central partner. The fact that he missed a completely free header means he loses a point. Goals change games and everyone is responsible for putting the ball in the back of the net, not just the strikers.

LW - 7 - Probably his best performance of the season and hopefully we see more of this in the coming weeks. Defended well enough and got forward when he could. Created a few chances that weren't converted.

JM - 6 - Decent enough engine. Never done enough though. Shot on target but too close to Hart when a near post would have been a certain goal.

RS - 7 - Another full of energy and was involved in a lot of Scotland's most dangerous attacks. Should have had the chance of a goal in the first half had Thumb not been so greedy.

DF - 7 - Never been a massive fan but played as well as I've seen him. Composed and assured on the ball.

SB - 7 - We may not like it but the guy is playing well this season. Done exactly what you expect and got stuck in. A few challenges bordered on a yellow card but when he's not been booked in the game he's free to make those sort of challenges until the referee tells him otherwise. Didn't let us down.

JF - 4 - Greedy on the ball. Absolutely no end product. Should have scored after Thumb dummied a superb Wallace cross but sadly James Forrest's left peg is only for standing on. Wasteful in possession.

LG - 5 - Best out a bad bunch of possible Scotland starter up front. Scotland's top goalscorer last season has hardly played all season and it showed. Very rusty. Made several poor decisions. None more so then the decision to shoot from 25 yards when Scotland had 2 v 2 and his team mate was completely free for the pass which would probably ended in a Scotland goal. I said before the game that despite the fact he's retired Kenny Miller is still Scotland's best striker. Kenny would have 10 times out of 10 made the right decision there and passed the ball.

40 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Apart from the first sentence my sentiments exactly (not got anything against your first sentence as that's entirely up to you).

What does my head in is certain Rangers fans surrendering OUR national team to fans of lesser clubs.

IMO when watching Scotland it's completely separate from club football and we're all supporting the same team. Obviously the blue tinted glasses make me watch out for the Rangers players more than others as I was tonight with Lee Wallace.

I've got lots of thoughts on this which deserves it's own thread. I'll start one with all my arguments but not tonight as I'm too pished. I feel like because some of our fans think that the majority of the 'Tartan Army' don't support Rangers (therefor are Rangers haters) that it makes it okay or even popular to dislike Scotland. I see that as surrendering our very own country to these people. This is MY country. I'm not allowing fans of any other club to take my right off of me to support MY national team. I don't know how others don't feel the same.

1 hour ago, Essandoh said:

Not only have you not addressed why you'd let others dictate your own national identity but you've claimed Scotland is set for civil war which is stuff befitting of Cybernats. Absolute dramatised nonsensical drivel.

Continue pounding your chest though if it makes you feel more British than the Queen.

The Queen is German at least she knows her history and beating my chest, well it's better than beating a anti british drum just like the tarriers and tartan trannys and the SNP who have only a rebellious lost cause to finally flatten all hope of Scotland being a modern country of equality.

The Scottish national team as the tartan trannys will tell you is off limits to anything they don't like and they don't like us, petty and ignorant and arrogant as if they were a paragon of righteousness, it's like listening to Sturgeon and you sound like her.

25 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

The Queen is German at least she knows her history and beating my chest, well it's better than beating a anti british drum just like the tarriers and tartan trannys and the SNP who have only a rebellious lost cause to finally flatten all hope of Scotland being a modern country of equality.

The Scottish national team as the tartan trannys will tell you is off limits to anything they don't like and they don't like us, petty and ignorant and arrogant as if they were a paragon of righteousness, it's like listening to Sturgeon and you sound like her.

If only you knew me and then you would realise how silly it is to imply that I'm a Sturgeon supporter.

3 hours ago, Essandoh said:

Absolutely fucking nailed it. Fuck letting tarriers dictate to you how you support your own country. Turning your back on your home country because of taigs is cowardice. No surrender. I think half of us have forgotten the meaning of that phrase 

6 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Apart from the first sentence my sentiments exactly (not got anything against your first sentence as that's entirely up to you).

What does my head in is certain Rangers fans surrendering OUR national team to fans of lesser clubs.

IMO when watching Scotland it's completely separate from club football and we're all supporting the same team. Obviously the blue tinted glasses make me watch out for the Rangers players more than others as I was tonight with Lee Wallace.

I've got lots of thoughts on this which deserves it's own thread. I'll start one with all my arguments but not tonight as I'm too pished. I feel like because some of our fans think that the majority of the 'Tartan Army' don't support Rangers (therefor are Rangers haters) that it makes it okay or even popular to dislike Scotland. I see that as surrendering our very own country to these people. This is MY country. I'm not allowing fans of any other club to take my right off of me to support MY national team. I don't know how others don't feel the same.

Freedom!

nah im only kidding mate. I dont go to the scotland games for one fact. We are shite. 

Scott Brown their best player? :lol:

That's the first time I've ever watched Broonaldo outwith a Rangers cellic game and he was fking brutal. For the first 5 minutes he chased the ball, then was anonymous until Sterling turned him like Mckay did. 2nd half he was blowing out his arse while Sterling breezed by him so he does what Broonaldo does best and starts kicking people and walking about the park with a swagger. Played one half decent pass in the full 90. 

They ratings sum this country up