That was utterly shambolic

Gaz52

34 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Im taking it not a lot of the guys slating the poor performance today sat at games during walters spells as manager? Some of those performances were honking,and that was with a better team than we have now. The victory is the thing. How many times have we said we would take a scrappy 1-0 victory. Today is that day,it goes in the books as a win,and we move on to the next game.

We cant and wont dominate every team.

That sent a shiver down my spine.

I can clearly remember sitting freezing my bollocks off watching the most God awful performances and winning. The difference is now of course that this current squad just don't have that prerequisite quality available by comparison to win the league. They are quite limited, so I suppose we do need to give them credit when winning ugly. They are what they are.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Im taking it not a lot of the guys slating the poor performance today sat at games during walters spells as manager? Some of those performances were honking,and that was with a better team than we have now. The victory is the thing. How many times have we said we would take a scrappy 1-0 victory. Today is that day,it goes in the books as a win,and we move on to the next game.

We cant and wont dominate every team.

the difference being is that under walter you still had guys like davis, jelavic, naismith, etc that can produce moments of individual brilliance and turn a game for you, walter always built his teams like that, warburtons teams are nothing like that, when the chips are down, you've went all in, who in our current team can you rely on to produce a moment of magic and take the game for us, there isnt anyone like that

We are inept.  Void of any tactics and vision. We have tav  halliday  holt all clueless with regards to vision and class. They are maybe all graters but that's as far as it goes.  Let's sit up and take account of it . The reality of it. Just not good enough. You have Benny  hill at the back with that champions league defender kiernan  then u have eh give me hope Joe. Garner. Pish up front. Ffs. What is it going to take for some people in this place to wake up and realise it's  ducking total drivel  that we are watching. Regardless if we win lose or draw next week . It's total utter pish  snd anyone can argue otherwise can go and fu k themselves.  It's a joke. 

2 minutes ago, Basrah Bear said:

What is wrong with what the guy said apart from the line about Garner as he is shite.

Like you happy with 3 points but we don't sweat them out we win it. WATP.

I don't really know if you're agreeing or disagreeing with me, but today was a 'different' good win.

Those are the games we would have dropped points on at the start of the season. Cold, wet, pissing it down and against a big, physical side.

Sadly, not every victory (in football, never mind in Scotland) is as a result of fast-flowing, dominant, one-touch, touch-and-go, 70s Dutch football.

Reading @Gaz52's opening post, you'd have thought we disgraced ourselves in a humiliating defeat. He reacted to today's win like I reacted to the first Old Firm game of the season. As I said, drama queen.

My guess is that he lost money on the game.

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

the difference being is that under walter you still had guys like davis, jelavic, naismith, etc that can produce moments of individual brilliance and turn a game for you, walter always built his teams like that, warburtons teams are nothing like that, when the chips are down, you've went all in, who in our current team can you rely on to produce a moment of magic and take the game for us, there isnt anyone like that

so eloquently Jim . Stopped short that garner is shite. and this wankfest is totally unfounded .

The fact for me is, they came away with the 3 points. 

A month ago that would've been 1 point or maybe even nothing, so I'm happy that they managed to secure the 3 points, and am convinced that a corner has been turned.

That said, wouldn't play McKay against St Johnston, or Tavernier in midfield. Don't think he played a forward pass all game, they were few and far between anyways.

Big performance required next weekend, and the players know that, but Garner need to start finding the back of the net pronto, as I've said in a few threads, the 100% commitment is outstanding but needs that goal tally to start going up.

I'm far more confident this time around than I was for the first 2 old firm games. 

So chin up lads, 4 wins from 4 this month so far :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

I don't really know if you're agreeing or disagreeing with me, but today was a 'different' good win.

Those are the games we would have dropped points on at the start of the season. Cold, wet, pissing it down and against a big, physical side.

Sadly, not every victory (in football, never mind in Scotland) is as a result of fast-flowing, dominant, one-touch, touch-and-go, 70s Dutch football.

Reading @Gaz52's opening post, you'd have thought we disgraced ourselves in a humiliating defeat. He reacted to today's win like I reacted to the first Old Firm game of the season. As I said, drama queen.

My guess is that he lost money on the game.

sorry mate, like you I hate to be undecided and hate that the fact I was unclear.. I agree today was 3 points. I will take that all day. We have to look at Wes, MOTM, FFS at Ibrox.

I like the "different good win " statement this should be used more. as there are more to come this season.

Garner is shite BTW

1 hour ago, Gaz52 said:

It definitely was. We had 2? shots on goal. And allowed Inverness the majority of possession. I can't recall any other game where that's happened this season

Inverness didn't deserve to win. if they had managed a draw we couldn't have complained. Also they didn't have the majority of possession 53-47 in our favour.We had eleven shots today with 5 on target, that's more than they had. Wes wasn't man of the match, Clint Hill got that

We were fortunate to get all three points and I'm as pissed off at the performance as the next man. No need to make up your own stats, we were pish and to be fair I thought Inverness played quite well.

Great 3 points after playing terrible, well done to fod,hill and Kiernan who were excellent. Midfield the usual dreadful and as for garner ,he's dreadful no pace no composure no quality,other than win the odd header what does he actually bring to the team? Surely he can't start against the tims, he will get sent off.

Biggest concern for me, is that we looked out on our feet in the last 10 minutes, we're about to go into two tougher games and don't have the luxury of resting players, as none of the 3 subs did anything better than those that started the match.

Maybe it's a combination of Christmas cheer and the bevvy but I'm finding it hard to get annoyed about the performance. There are shite games every season - that was one of them. The difference is that a few months ago we'd have dropped points and come home fizzing so I'm quite happy to take the win. HAVE A COUPLA CANS AND SETTLE DOON. Tjhe big games are the next two - then we can take a relative measure and criticise if need be.

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Agree with you but at the end, why can't you blame the manager? Whys he exempt? It's his job to prepare them .. if they don't respond then drop them 

Drop them for who exactly? Youth? The team played poorly because the players probably have their minds on the Smelltic game. How can you blame the manager for that shite? 

Apart from him signing them of course but that's a different debate altogether.

We were pretty poor.  Inverness seemed far sharper and more physical in picking up the loose ball.  

Plan B certainly didn't work out to well today, too often we just kicked the ball away with zero composure.  When we did get decent possession our final ball was dreadful. 

Positive, we defended stoutly for the most part.

3 minutes ago, TheBillyBoys1872 said:

Drop them for who exactly? Youth? The team played poorly because the players probably have their minds of the Smelltic game. How can you blame the manager for that shite? 

Apart from him signing them of course but that's a different debate altogether.

Our options aren't great but we've still got some options ... Forrester, O'Halloran, Dodoo, Crooks ... as I said they're not great options but they're still options. The ones playing at their worst are kinda similar to those mentioned at their worst too so it's not that much to lose.

Did we have the Celtic game in mind when we were awful at Tynecastle a couple of weeks ago too? is that the excuse? 

Your actually picking an argument with the wrong guy because I don't think we were as bad as some are making out today. Wins are important at this stage, clean sheets are a bonus too. We got both.

We didn't play well, but we did enough. We were OK but play like that against the peado's and will be royally raped.

You kinda answered your own question, too - how can the manager be blamed, yet you admit he signed this dross? 

Facing 3 games in a week including and old firm game is no easy feat. Agreed, we were poor, but all teams have off days. The main thing is that we came away with 3 points. 

Foderingham was a saviour and won us the game himself.

The back 4 was strong - granted they were facing unprecedented amounts of pressure as a result of the midfield

The middle 3 were simply overpowered. Holt pressed well but couldn't compete physically. Tav seemed like a lost puppy played out of position. However Halliday was atrocious, gave the ball away far too easily over the past few weeks and today wasn't an exception

McKay was kept quiet but did link up with wallace, Garner had no service (Could've Should've had a goal) And waggy needs to look up every now and then, however his selfishness did lead to the majority of out attempts on goal (Sad truth)

Overall, I'm putting that down to a bad day at the office, but we done the business and got the points.

Roll on St. Johnstone, then the Tims.

What do yous think?

@K.A.I

I was not picking an argument with you in my initial reply to you. I agree we wasn't terrible but still unacceptable. 

Regarding the Hearts game, i just think the players where scared. Its just an observation but the players seems to get frightened when there is a hostile atmosphere. Tynecastle was one of them. I even think when our own fans get on the players back they shite themselves and try and play it to safe. I don't think that's down to Warburton. He signed the players which i can't argue with. But what players of decent quality would have came while we was in the championship? It wasn't an easy task, considering also our financial situation. So i blame the players, mostly for the unacceptable below par pish. Warburton can only do so much. On their day the players can play well, we've seen it. So the manager must be training them right if they're able to do it. It's just making them consistent, which by the way costs money in a player. Not just the players physical and technical attributes. We need the mental attributes, especially playing for a high demanding club and support of Rangers stature.