RFC55

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

No we are building - a concept you can't grasp or refuse to!Ā 

Really frustrating me that people arent grasping that theres a long term building job the manager is doing. Its not just about this season. Its about making sure the club survives and is still here in 100 years. Celtic have had 4 seasons of champions league revenue we havent had,and some on here are expecting us to beat them in our first season back!Ā 

To answer the OP and add a bit of perspective to this thread,Ā there have been many occasions in our historyĀ when Rangers teams have finished as equally distant also-ransĀ in the League race. Ā  Yes, we are the world's most successful club but it hasn't been wall to wall success, we have several fallow periods in our history. Ā 

Ā 

6 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

9 0 smashing from BarƧa and a defeat to a team from Gibraltar. they ain't great.

Any team could get pummelled off barca especially away from home if the heads go down it could be any score. And the Gibraltar result was a freak result that obviously doesn't reflect on their ability

Could go on all day about this but plenty people have covered it whether it be MW or the board. Both partly to blameĀ for me.

Fact is he will most likely be here next season as we will finish 2nd.

Reluctantly i would give him a chance next season if backed by the board to see what happens with hopefully better players, but to be honest i dont hold out much hope on either.

6 hours ago, martin93 said:

McLeish who couldn't even manage second with far better resources than Warburton?? And his record against the tarriers was shocking

Your missing the point - I've said loads I didn't rate McLeish as a manager but I put the context in there about him steadying the ship taking over from Advocaat - which he didĀ 

when it came to pushing on from that he had mixed success

not my favourite manager by a long shotĀ 

6 hours ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Really frustrating me that people arent grasping that theres a long term building job the manager is doing. Its not just about this season. Its about making sure the club survives and is still here in 100 years. Celtic have had 4 seasons of champions league revenue we havent had,and some on here are expecting us to beat them in our first season back!Ā 

Another point misser - you've not told us what we are meant to be building ? It's just a buzz wordĀ 

having financial stability is not Warburtons job to "build" anywayĀ 

6 hours ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Mccoist had 3 years to build a squad up and fucked it. Legend as a player but didnt look long term as a manager

Maybe McCoist had a 5 year plan tho ... you could apply the same logic (shit results but you somehow have the hope that it's going to get better)Ā 

Fair summary of how I've been feeling too since the Hearts away game. I think a dose of realism has set in as I can't remember a season where we've had so few players and so many injuries. Also the financial outlay was kind of pathetic with freebies and signings from Accrington Stanley. I agree though that we have been poor at times and should have mounted more of a challenge.

I don't think Warburton lacks steel. He's shown with Barton your gone if you don't toe the line. He also has digs at the press all the time and has dropped players like MOH, Waghorn, and SenderosĀ without much of a fuss. Even though as a supporter I thought it was foolish his decision to chase the game at Parkhead butĀ it shows a single mindedness that only mentally tough people would have. Its quite a ruthless call at 3-1 as a manager as mathematically it is better to try and win a piece of something than accept the certainty of nothing. A defeats a defeat. Its ruthless because if you get a draw that point could win a title but its sore if the opposite happens. He takes the heat more than anyoneĀ for a heavy defeat. So I don't think he lacks bottle.Ā Ā 

I still think we were right about Warburton and that he would have been a right good manager for us when we could buy good players. I watch some of our games though and I think we can't afford players who can play the good football he insists on over 90 minutes let alone a season and that he is too much of an idealist to accept this but he has been tweaking things so who knows for sure. I'd like to see him given a chance with better players as it would be shooting ourselves in the foot a bit to dump him and bring in someone who will toughen us up butĀ be an average manager then be looking for someone no doubt like Warburton when we're stronger again.

Dnt rate Warburton never have. He's wasted far to much money and I haven't seen 1 bit of improvement in that team. Were constantly making the same mistakes over and over again in games and yet what has he done to rectify them? Nothing. Tactically he's completely clueless. Il just mention Walter Smiths Uefa cup final run. That wasn't a great rangers team but we got there because Smith knew how 2 get the best out of our team and played 2 our strengths. Warburton is constantly making mistake after mistake and he doesn't know how 2 change a game when things ain't working. ( we're learn from itĀ and move on) How many times we heard that only for the same shite 2 happen again!Ā We can't defend cross balls. Our marking is laughable. We canny score goals against teams that have nowhere near the budget we have. OurĀ shooting is shocking and we constantly get told we trained well this week? How can that be true? What exactly do we work on in training because on the pitch nothing's getting any better!Ā 

9 hours ago, K.A.I said:

There's no evidence of anythingĀ 

you said the same stuff with McCoist in charge and if I was on here the day Durrant managed us against Dunfermline when we were 3-0 down at half time you'd have probably said "we're building your just too negative to sss it"

Laughable as usual - this is our first season back in the top flight and only 18 months into this 'project' we are sitting second and have shown we are competitive ( but not yet there) but you are either one of the Arrogants amongst out support that think being Rangers is enough to win as opposed to a progressive process or more likely one who allows Celtic to define your thinking because you are so focused on them and beating them - those traits addded to your hatred for most things Rangers willĀ make it hard for you to acknowledge anything positive or progressive happening at the clubĀ Ā 

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Another point misser - you've not told us what we are meant to be building ? It's just a buzz wordĀ 

having financial stability is not Warburtons job to "build" anywayĀ 

Build in this context has nothing to do with the 'finances' in this context - again you show your ignorance of what's going on - instant success for you just 'cause'Ā 

7 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Laughable as usual - this is our first season back in the top flight and only 18 months into this 'project' we are sitting second and have shown we are competitive ( but not yet there) but you are either one of the Arrogants amongst out support that think being Rangers is enough to win as opposed to a progressive process or more likely one who allows Celtic to define your thinking because you are so focused on them and beating them - those traits addded to your hatred for most things Rangers willĀ make it hard for you to acknowledge anything positive or progressive happening at the clubĀ Ā 

Strange that you've ignored me saying I've no issue with anyone that wants Warburton to stay on as a manager I see their point but me personally I don't think it's working out ... you never afford the same respect back to people like myself by calling me laughable and arrogantĀ 

I'll ask again, what do you think he's building? I don't see any evidence of anything getting builtĀ 

what did you see McCoist building when you used the same patter back then too?Ā 

It comes down to belief/faith/optimismĀ 

I've none - it's not a crime nor does it make me any wee label you want to throw about eitherĀ 

8 hours ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Keech.

King's here to make money for as little investment possible. If he wanted us here in 100 years he would have put inĀ a damned sight more money than he has doe. He has us in austerity ffs!Ā The only thing that will make sure we are here is US and no other trough guzzling fucker out to make a buck.

As for long term building, any new manager worth his salt will set up to play to his own style and beliefs and dismantle anything and everything that's gone before. The ideal sounds great, but don't belive the hype ffs.

Ā 

2 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Build in this context has nothing to do with the 'finances' in this context - again you show your ignorance of what's going on - instant success for you just 'cause'Ā 

Never mind instant success - any success would doĀ 

the guys main point was about financial stability - you can still build a success model without bankrupting usĀ but we want to do it on the cheap and pray on our fans loyalty to justify it it's shamelessĀ 

39 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Keech.

King's here to make money for as little investment possible. If he wanted us here in 100 years he would have put inĀ a damned sight more money than he has doe. He has us in austerity ffs!Ā The only thing that will make sure we are here is US and no other trough guzzling fucker out to make a buck.

As for long term building, any new manager worth his salt will set up to play to his own style and beliefs and dismantle anything and everything that's gone before. The ideal sounds great, but don't belive the hype ffs.

Ā 

King is a business man and to me it looks like that is the way he is running the club. I hate to say it,but look at what fergus mccann did with them. You cant spend more than the club is making. We were spoiled for years and years with murray spending his own money and money we or he didnt really have,and it was brilliant. But reality has to set in for us now. The worst thing king did was spout off about the 50m investment,and thats whats stuck in the our heads.

With regards to playing style,yep every manager has a belief and a system. Im not always a fan of the way mw plays but i can see what he is trying to do. We didnt have a youth or scouting system to speak of,so that is now being built and we might not see the rewards of that for a while yet

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Maybe McCoist had a 5 year plan tho ... you could apply the same logic (shit results but you somehow have the hope that it's going to get better)Ā 

To me it looked like the pressure of getting us back up as quickly as possible made ally think short term. No youth strategy,no scouting network at all, experienced pros on (apparently) ridiculous wages,some awful awful football. I did hope it would get better,and im a big fan of ally,and he did have a lot to deal with with the politics of the club at the time,but would we even be in the spl if he was still in charge?

2 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

To me it looked like the pressure of getting us back up as quickly as possible made ally think short term. No youth strategy,no scouting network at all, experienced pros on (apparently) ridiculous wages,some awful awful football. I did hope it would get better,and im a big fan of ally,and he did have a lot to deal with with the politics of the club at the time,but would we even be in the spl if he was still in charge?

I'm not advocating Ally as being the manager or saying we miss him mate I'm just saying the parallels, attitudes and excuses are identicalĀ 

in my opinion anywayĀ 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Never mind instant success - any success would doĀ 

the guys main point was about financial stability - you can still build a success model without bankrupting usĀ but we want to do it on the cheap and pray on our fans loyalty to justify it it's shamelessĀ 

Given what we've been through fans that don't understand the imporrance ofĀ financial stability are just daft.

as for success he won the championship - got us to a final - and this is our first season back in the top league - your first sentence just reiterates your impatience with what is a project that will take more time and understanding than you are willing to give - and that's the arrogance some possess - we are Rangers and we should just win - no real concept of what that takes or means .Ā 

Fact is Warburton has been a massive failure ever since we beat the tims in the semi final last season. We have been embarrassed and outclassed each time we have faced Rodgers bheasts while also struggling against pish like Hamilton, St Johnston and Kille.Ā 

Talk about budgets etc is equally embarrassing because we have far more resources than all but one team yet we are still struggling to beat lower sides in this shit house of a league. These are players Warburton has brought in who are now rank rotten (Waghorn, Tav, Senderos, Kiernan and so on). He even spent over half a million on a player he doesn't even use which is baffling not to mention the Barton saga.Ā 

The signs have been here for what seems a lifetime that he's ultimately going to fail badly and we are just prolonging it for whatever reason, it feels the exact same as it did under Ally when we all knew he wasn't good enough for the job but we had countless people delude themselves it was all going to be ok. I'm not saying he's as bad as Ally either but pointing out he's struggling badly at Rangers and has been for a long time.

I know folk will say "well who do we replace him with" but that's not our job, the club need to identify a suitable candidate and just because there is no stand out name doesn't mean we have to accept being embarrassed in the league under a manager who is quite clearly not up to the task.Ā 

What's the big ideal about European football that the board seem to be selling us?

Can you honestly tell me that we are close to signing excellent players, but their agents are saying, nope, not in the Europa league so my clients going to Huddersfield or PAOK?

Extra revenue? Only if you draw decent teams, or win games..

We are getting our pants pulled down.

Warburton can't seem to get a consistent run going, then has the cheek to say Septic aren't that far ahead. Trust me, they are fucking miles away from us just by being able to win one nil when we can only draw.

He doesn't get our history.

Will leave you with Gattusos thoughts on Rangers. He loved playing for us because it made him a winner.Ā 

How many of the current squad will quote that when they leave?

1 minute ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Given what we've been through fans that don't understand the imporrance ofĀ financial stability are just daft.

as for success he won the championship - got us to a final - and this is our first season back in the top league - your first sentence just reiterates your impatience with what is a project that will take more time and understanding than you are willing to give - and that's the arrogance some possess - we are Rangers and we should just win - no real concept of what that takes or means .Ā 

I do understand the importance of financial stability but it doesn't mean we can be successful signing bargain basement shite and/or hoping we've a Man U class of 94 coming through the ranksĀ 

I could be wrong but I'm sure you even said on a post a month or twoĀ ago that you don't think we've invested enough (if I've mis read then fair enough)

do you think Willie Henderson, Barry FergusonĀ and Graeme Souness are arrogant, ignorant and clueless too for saying the same as me in recent weeks about the lack of investment?Ā 

Are they allowed the same opinion as me but I'm not?Ā