Barrie McKay Wanted

Bluebear11

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Trooblue said:

Looks like hype by his agent to get him a new contract. Hope the club don't fall for it. 

Why? We should be giving him a new contract,  he has to work on parts of his game, improve his final ball and become more consistent but he is still our best player.  We should get him on a 5 year contract then in 2 or 3 years if he improves as he should then we can really cash in on him.

I must be watching a different player.  The one I see plays well for a couple of games then reverts to his normal game of cutting back/inside, slowing things down, failing to take on defenders, and looking for Lee Wallace to help him out.  This is against mediocre defences.   Seriously inconsistent, which indicates that he has failed to make the move up the the level he should be playing at.  I know this is a minority view on this forum, but I honestly don't believe the current hype around McKay.  

1 hour ago, Gaz52 said:

This is where we need to start matching the beggars. We need to overrate him to fuck to get the largest fee possible. Make it clear we're not looking to sell him at all etc. Show interested clubs 3 min highlight reels on YouTube 

I'm being serious in saying I wouldn't take less than £8m cause we could get it easily if our board play their cards right. I don't want to see McKay going so soon. 

I think one of the clubs will be RB Leipzig, he fits their transfer policy, Burke obviously likes him, it all makes sense 

Exactly. Rangers need to man up here and get a fee and quotes  all over the media. That mob exel at this and it's worked for them. 

If Baz was sold for anything less than £5mill it would be another slap in the face for the Support

Like many others I said that we would get bids for him after the bheasts game,  

there were no English games that day, every cunt was watching the Rangers, decent people rightly disappointed by the result 

BUT we were promised big things, going for #55, second is last at Rangers, £30mil investment in players to challenge

Not long before season tickets need selling, every transfer in and out MUST convince the fans that our challenge to the bheasts is more potent and less futile than this seasons effort

I was hoping we would actually spend a bit, at least pretend we are trying to win the Scottish Cup, they are not as wonderful as the mhedia portray them, we lost by 1 goal in the 2 previous encounters, Wes had a good game folks will say to keep the score down, well, he will be the man in goal next time, someone who can take their chances would make all the difference 

1 hour ago, Gaz52 said:

This is where we need to start matching the beggars. We need to overrate him to fuck to get the largest fee possible. Make it clear we're not looking to sell him at all etc. Show interested clubs 3 min highlight reels on YouTube 

I'm being serious in saying I wouldn't take less than £8m cause we could get it easily if our board play their cards right. I don't want to see McKay going so soon. 

I think one of the clubs will be RB Leipzig, he fits their transfer policy, Burke obviously likes him, it all makes sense 

I agree with what your saying but it's hard to play hard ball when he's only got 18 months left on his contract.

52 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

I must be watching a different player.  The one I see plays well for a couple of games then reverts to his normal game of cutting back/inside, slowing things down, failing to take on defenders, and looking for Lee Wallace to help him out.  This is against mediocre defences.   Seriously inconsistent, which indicates that he has failed to make the move up the the level he should be playing at.  I know this is a minority view on this forum, but I honestly don't believe the current hype around McKay.  

I thought he didn’t have it for the top league as well, was looking for him to get dropped he was woeful 

He has since worked on his game, deployed a couple new moves, on his game now and starting to really show that he does have what it takes

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Don't rate him but it's about time we started playing hard-ball in these situations. 

5 million please - reinvest it (all of it) on a top class center back and goalscoring striker. 

You don't rate him but want £5m :confused:

Fifa 2017 has a lot to answer for! 

2 hours ago, Rangers Lady said:

I thought he didn’t have it for the top league as well, was looking for him to get dropped he was woeful 

He has since worked on his game, deployed a couple new moves, on his game now and starting to really show that he does have what it takes

I would love to be proved wrong, and if he maintains his current form through till the end of the season I'll be happy to say my judgement was faulty!