We were good to watch today

Gaz52

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought we were different today. After a poor start, we went on to shape the game.  Toral and Hyndman in particular gave us something different. Some of the link up play was awesome. Hyndman looks serious top quality

Halliday, along with Tav and Kiernan remain our weakest links. Sort that and we are on the way to being an entirely different proposition. They've played their part, but they are not the future where we need to be. 

First half was brutal, as was Halliday.  He had a much better game in the second and consequently so did we. I didn't think he made the difference; however, I do believe if you play his position and do your job effectively then it sets the foundation for a good performance. Hyndman made the difference today. 

The difference that the two loan players made was fundamental. 

It goes to show that we have an excellent manager that does know exactly what our team needs and will giving time put our team back to its rightful position as the undoubted biggest, strongest team in Scotland. The 55th isn't far away!!

42 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Special mention for Lee Wallace. Excellent today. Brilliant threat and fed off having guys in midfield that can pass a ball.

Absolutely . Don't think he got the credit he deserved due to Hyndman's performance . When we were a man down , he was the one making up the extra attacker , then continued a solid performance for the rest of the game . 

Just now, gmcf said:

Absolutely . Don't think he got the credit he deserved due to Hyndman's performance . When we were a man down , he was the one making up the extra attacker , then continued a solid performance for the rest of the game . 

Yeah, and considering he's been out recently for a few weeks and given the shift he had to pull today when we were a man down and throughout the game, his fitness is astonishing.

after the first 15mins, I started to enjoy the game.

I do worry though when we go 1-0 up  that we can hold on - because we never really make any defensive substitutions - on came Forrister, Waghorn and Windass and we chase another goal. It worked today fair enough - but sometimes i would like to see us tighten up and see the game out.

Was better better than last week but still pish in general. They were all over our defense first half and we gave them far too much space.

Very proud of the win and Miller but I don't really have much of a confidence boost based on the performance as it wasn't anything special and we can't rely on Miller forever

Obviously more happy with the result than performance but can't really expect much better at the moment

barrie McKay would be better coming sitting with me when wallace is on the park. he basically takes up McKays position at left wing. No surprise to see Mckay getting subbed and I think he is starting to revert back to being in consequential in games because wallace is on and basically plays as a left winger.

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

barrie McKay would be better coming sitting with me when wallace is on the park. he basically takes up McKays position at left wing. No surprise to see Mckay getting subbed and I think he is starting to revert back to being in consequential in games because wallace is on and basically plays as a left winger.

I thought he played quite well.

Just now, cushynumber said:

i thought he was a bit meh.

I actually dont blame the lad. I would be tearing my hair out if I was a left winger and everytime i looked up wallace was further forward than me. Where is their to go?

Possibly, but the unfortunate thing (if that's the right word to use) is that it's Wallace's best attribute. Maybe the two of them maybe just need to learn to vary it a bit more with Wallace going inside from time to time to give Mckay the run wide.

Also generally don't see McKay as an out and out winger anyway, because decent fullbacks will just deny him the space to get by them by being stronger physically, so coming inside sometimes might not be too bad. Especially if he had a couple of decent midfielders to play football with now.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Possibly, but the unfortunate thing (if that's the right word to use) is that it's Wallace's best attribute. Maybe the two of them maybe just need to learn to vary it a bit more with Wallace going inside from time to time to give Mckay the run wide.

Also generally don't see McKay as an out and out winger anyway, because decent fullbacks will just deny him the space to get by them by being stronger physically, so coming inside sometimes might not be too bad. Especially if he had a couple of decent midfielders to play football with now.

I think he struggles a little to fit into our system - particularly when we are dominating teams - as he runs out of space with wallace basically playing his position. Wee baz doent seem assertive enough to say to wallace to sit deeper, so he goes walk about.

Its been one of the thing that has always annoyed me about MWs teams - if you have 2 attacking fullbacks - why have two wingers as well?