1. 1. Rangers Captain

• Miller
    • Wallace
    • Other (please state who)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have Miller or maybe big Wes as captain, our 2 best players so far this season who are vocal and lead by example through their performances.

Wallace has stuck around and suffered like us all but he's not captain material for me, I get the feeling the captaincy weighs heavy on him.

Lee Wallace is never a Rangers captain, I think we were desperate to show appreciation to him for sticking around that we gave him something he didn't really need and wasn't really ready for.

apart from a 3 month spell at the beginning of Warburton's reign I don't think Wallace has done much for 3 seasons now, In fact I think the captaincy has placed an uneeded pressure on him.

Miller. By default as much as anything as nobody else in the squad is up to the job. 

Also can we stop churning out the whole 'Wallace stuck by us so he should be captain' shite yet? He has played pish for a while now and loyalty only counts for so much...

We have a team of mismatched spineless lost boys just now who need either a kick up the arse and some strong guidance or to ship their arses out. 

I voted for Wallace as he has been the one thing steady the last 4 years and I dont have a reason to change him. On the field making Miller captain wouldnt change the way he conducts himself as he is a a winner and has a desire you cant teach and can only hope it rubbs off on others.

Big Lee.

Ok he's no Greig, Gough etc but who is? Nobody. 

He did stick with us and basically stuck two fingers up at his international career for which I will always be on his side.

Kenny deserves to be in the poll but he played for them and that cannot be forgotten. Lee would retire before doing that.

Tin hat on here, but if Wallace couldn't play for a game I'd give the badge to McKay, not that he's captain material none of them are, but I think it would give him a confidence boost and he needs one desperately. The captains badge doesn't really mean anything these days anyway imo so I'd let him have it for a game, that and the fans backing him at the game would do him good IMO.

The only other option from this squad is Miller and I think changing it now could be counter-productive, even though he'd probably be a better captain than Wallace. Just no point in changing now, I think.

Maybe next season we'll have better pitch leaders than we do now. We can only hope. 

If were talking a permanent position then it has to be Miller although I was just a bit sick in my mouth after having to suggest an ex taig be named Rangers captain.

But since Barton is gone he's the only option left :troll: