***** The Official Taigs v Rangers Match Thread *****

3 minutes ago, Barbarrosa said:

How many of our players would get into their side? I honestly think none. So it comes down to teamwork and tactics.

The last two games have shown that the team spirit is there, and the players will battle for each other.

However I worry about leaving Mury in charge for this, even if he has experienced people advising him.

I reckon Hyndman, McKay and Foderingham would have something to say about that top sentence..

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Nah they really wouldn't get in their team.

I've not seen enough of Forest or Roberts to compare them with McKay but I've seen taigs on Twitter etc say he's the only one from our team they'd have.

You not think Hyndman would get in? 

Just now, Gaz52 said:

I've not seen enough of Forest or Roberts to compare them with McKay but I've seen taigs on Twitter etc say he's the only one from our team they'd have.

Nope, maybe the bench. They have a team skelping every single team in the league sitting more than 30 clear while we are 3rd. How could any of our players replace someone in their starting line up when they have been performing at a higher level all season?

Hyndman is talented but he's a young boy who's played a handful of games for us and done well...but then you look around him and see the shite he is surrounded by and it's no wonder he sticks out. 

McKay is a confidence player like most wingers, there wingers are clearly out performing him so again why would he get in that team?

Fod is the only one that 'might' but then he's had his share of howlers just like Gordon...both are overrated in my eyes. Flip a coin

Tbh just depresses me thinking about it, this time next year we better have a better comparison. 

3 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Possibly kind of overlooked him as he's only on loan. Be interesting to see how him and McKay do on Sunday. We need both of them at 100% to have a chance

Nope, maybe the bench. They have a team skelping every single team in the league sitting more than 30 clear while we are 3rd. How could any of our players replace someone in their starting line up when they have been performing at a higher level all season?

Hyndman is talented but he's a young boy who's played a handful of games for us and done well...but then you look around him and see the shite he is surrounded by and it's no wonder he sticks out. 

McKay is a confidence player like most wingers, there wingers are clearly out performing him so again why would he get in that team?

Fod is the only one that 'might' but then he's had his share of howlers just like Gordon...both are overrated in my eyes. Flip a coin

Tbh just depresses me thinking about it, this time next year we better have a better comparison. 

I suppose they've got the same type of player as Hyndman with Armstrong and I'd argue that Armstrong has been their best midfielder this season, assuming we're not counting that wank Sinclair as a midfielder.

It's sad times indeed.

Just now, Barbarrosa said:

Possibly kind of overlooked him as he's only on loan. Be interesting to see how him and McKay do on Sunday. We need both of them at 100% to have a chance

I think we need our back 4 at 100% to stand a chance more than the attackers tbh.

That's our big weakness especially against the pace they have going forward. 

I think we need our back 4 at 100% to stand a chance more than the attackers tbh.

That's our big weakness especially against the pace they have going forward. 

Probably right but I was thinking about creating something rather than preventing them.

Also if Hyndman and McKay have the ball then their pace can't hurt us.

I am actually beginning to look forward to this game.

With Murty in charge we are expected to get thrashed, so the pressure is all on Celtic. I think the team is playing better under Murty than they were previously. Our team as a squad and individually have everything to play for. The added pressure on Celtic is the undefeated record, the last team they will want to disrupt that record is Rangers. So given all the hype about DofF's and New Managers, I just hope we can leave Murty and his squad alone until after the weekend. Let them give their best shot with no distractions- it will be what it will be- but I am off to the bookies for its worth a punt.

The underdog always has their day .

That is the only thing ,we have hope of a surprise 

We are simply in big trouble if they score early doors .And I mean ,probably one of the  worst days supporting Rangers 

No point in being all over confident .It is just not merited 

Can't be any worse than the last time we went there. That was an unorganised, shameful mess.

We are not exactly packed with quality but the least the players can offer is a bit of organisation, fight, desire and commitment from the first to last whistle.

16 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

I'm just hoping it's not another humiliation. Couldn't take that. I thought that we were a tad unfortunate in the last game at Ibrox. I've only been to the piggery once since they went all seated, hated it, and have never been back since. Their ticket pricing for these games are shocking, I wonder how much their own fans pay that are not ST holders, for this game?

I always thought Rangers and Celtic agreed the pricing up front and both sets of away fans get charged the same ridiculous price!  I guess that arrangement may not have been replicated since our return to the top flight.  It's a disgrace regardless!

Do u know wit games against the scum are unpredictable and I've said im not that confident and don't have that same usual feeling I have on the build up to these games but as the week goes on I have more belief that we can do it. We are going to have to get our tactics spot on. Il have the battle fever on Sunday morning and hopefully as in calm  this time actually get a sleep on the sat night.

all I'm hearing is those mickey bastarfd saying 5 or 6 they will take of us. Cunts think they are better than there actually are.  Il fucking have us at 7/1 that's for sure. What a price that is for a derby.

give it right into those bastards on Sunday sing non stop .

NO SURRENDER