Would you sell Foderingham or McKay ?

gmcf

1 hour ago, Bobby Hume said:

I get what the OP is saying and agree that PC needs funds to make any headway ... but I would expect this to be up to the board and PC, in their pre-employment interviews, to determine the level of investment available to PC for spending on any new players brought in to strengthen the team ..... rather than selling off the likes of WF and or BMcK.

If this supposed investment amount was not of a level to the new manager's agreement ... then I don't think he would have signed for 3 years .... surely he would have wanted some form of assurance in this important area before putting pen to paper ..... I would hope this was so, or we are in for another rough ride.

If on the other hand ..... the manager has been informed he can form a squad of his own choosing with the condition being 1 in 1 out  ... then I don't think it wise to sell BMcK or WF as they are of more value to us in their respective positions staying than going at the moment . ... but not at this time as I don't think we would get what was necessary from their respective sales to improve our overall position on the playing field .... as in the past.

We really are in the hands of the board and what they have "promised" to fund PC and his management team with ..... by past performances, not great .... but hopefully they have got it right this time.

:UK:

Yes , I'm sure PC would have got guarantees of what sort of budget he'll get . I'm only assuming here , but given our finances I don't see it being anything major . As you say , he may also be given what he sells , though I dont see it necessarily as a 1 for 1 , but rather spending how he sees fit from whatever he brings in . 

Sadly , WF and BMcK , in my view , are the only players that would bring in any serious amount of money . It's not ideal , but I was just wondering if people thought it'd be a route they would go down if it meant having the money to make real changes to the playing squad . 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Yes , I'm sure PC would have got guarantees of what sort of budget he'll get . I'm only assuming here , but given our finances I don't see it being anything major . As you say , he may also be given what he sells , though I dont see it necessarily as a 1 for 1 , but rather spending how he sees fit from whatever he brings in . 

Sadly , WF and BMcK , in my view , are the only players that would bring in any serious amount of money . It's not ideal , but I was just wondering if people thought it'd be a route they would go down if it meant having the money to make real changes to the playing squad . 

I get what you mean mate ... but feel differently for the reasons I stated ... the main one being, I don't think we would get any great amount for them that would affect the change we would need ... so would rather not sell them.

My opinion aside .... you asked the question of, was this a route you think they (the board) would take .... my answer to that contradicts my opinion mate .... and yes it is a route they could choose ... if it was I would be a wee bit disappointed unless it was (as I think that's what your OP intended to portray) to the benefit of the Club ... no contest there .... :tu:

We rarely have differences of opinion ... and this is not that far away either mate ..... :cheers:

14 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

I get what you mean mate ... but feel differently for the reasons I stated ... the main one being, I don't think we would get any great amount for them that would affect the change we would need ... so would rather not sell them.

My opinion aside .... you asked the question of, was this a route you think they (the board) would take .... my answer to that contradicts my opinion mate .... and yes it is a route they could choose ... if it was I would be a wee bit disappointed unless it was (as I think that's what your OP intended to portray) to the benefit of the Club ... no contest there .... :tu:

We rarely have differences of opinion ... and this is not that far away either mate ..... :cheers:

Oh , I completely agree that if it isn't for a reasonable amount of money I wouldn't sell . I was thinking along the lines of years ago , when we sold Boumsong for £8M only months after getting him . For that one player we basically got Ferguson , Buffel and Wattereus , alongside Kyriakos on loan and went on to win the title and league cup . Its that kind of wholesale changes that are needed , I think , if we want to put up a serious challenge . 

You never know , maybe the board will surprise us all with the amount of funding available so that we won't have to sell our best players ! ! :lol: 

Fod's decent but nothing more, think we could replace him pretty easily tbh and can't see any decent bids over the Summer.

Mckay's obviously got potential but hides too much, if someone said £6m last year when he was doing fuck all 90% of the time you'd laugh at them. 

1 hour ago, gmcf said:

Oh , I completely agree that if it isn't for a reasonable amount of money I wouldn't sell . I was thinking along the lines of years ago , when we sold Boumsong for £8M only months after getting him . For that one player we basically got Ferguson , Buffel and Wattereus , alongside Kyriakos on loan and went on to win the title and league cup . Its that kind of wholesale changes that are needed , I think , if we want to put up a serious challenge . 

You never know , maybe the board will surprise us all with the amount of funding available so that we won't have to sell our best players ! ! :lol: 

:tu:

I think they have to find the funding mate ... as said my many now ... this could be their chance to stop the rot or suffer the consequences of lower ST sales.

I was also pissed off about Boumsong ... but it was for the better that season and winning was the ultimate prize ... and it paid off handsomely .... unfortunately these days, not even Barrie or Wes could get in that team ... never mind command the kind of transfer money we need for a full makeover .... that's the rub for me mate ...... :depressed:

It is going to be an uphill trek to right the wrongs of this current set of players ... and although I am not sure about PC ... I live in hope he turns us around.

If he does ... hopefully the under achievers amongst them will also surprise us .... right now my mind is on the game tomorrow  .... and hope we do them over and fuck up their unbeaten run ..... :lol:

As much as I hate too say it that Hertz goalie Jack Hamilton  and Caledonian keeper Owan fon Williams are  better than Fods   

One of the reason I think we concede from corners and set pieces so much is that Fods dosen't communicate well just fuckin screams when it goes tits up he was released from Swindon for a reason I think he's ok but not how people are making out he's exceptional more like he's best  out of a bad bunch.

To  find in our squad a player of worth is difficult Mckay show glimpses in a match than shit the next 5 Waggy the one footed player Kiernan the cluster fuck Garner the Wrestler  two ageing pensioners Miller and Hill  the real truth is that cunt Warburton and his side kick Mcparland brought in a croak of shit that some other poor fucker has to sort out.

foderingham puts the fucking fear into me at times. he takes forever to get the out and i swear one day some cunt will get the better of him. that said though he is quite a good keeper but could be much better. a lot of stupid goals he's let in. 

mckay can be a cracking player. that goal in the semi final was brilliant. however i just don't think he is that great all the time. so i'd probably get rid of mckay before wes. 

no unless its for over £10 for mckay Fod isn't the best keeper we've had, I personally rated gilks higher, because he cant yet command the box. But there are half a dozen players I'd want to sell before him. We also have the Hyndman problem. He's an excellent player and we need a team of players as good. That means we need to fork out to stand still, buy good players not sell them.

Why would we sell our two most valuable players and replace them with who?

There is so much dead wood at Ibrox that are sucking up valuable wages for little return.

Start with the back four, would maybe keep Wallace as a bench player. Tavernier way out of his depth as a defender very limited as an attacker. Kiernan can fuck off tomorrow as far as I am concerned. Hill has done well, but too old for another season. Wilson had his best day's along side big Davie. Senderos another one that can be on the same bus as Kiernan.

Halliday bleeds blue but unfortunately doesn't cut it. Rossiter, how would we know. Holt tries hard but not up to it. MOH runs fast. Garner same bus as the other two, useless.

See where I'm going with this we need to spend money on the right players to add to the squad, sell the dead wood for whatever we can get for them. Not sell the best two players we have.

17 hours ago, gmcf said:

Was on the how much do you think we'll spend there , and in my opinion , I can only see us giving the new manager in the region of £2-3M to spend on transfer fees . Not a great deal to make wholesale changes , which we really could do with , and also very reliant on bringing out something different to existing players , which can be a bit of a gamble . So it got me thinking . . . 

Again in my opinion , Wes Foderingham and Barrie McKay are our two main ' stars ' that would certainly deserve to stay and play under PC , but would you sell them to give the new manager some real money to transform this squad ? 

Basing this only on the rumours of BMcK going to Red Bull for £6M and given that diddy Foster going for £10 , you've got to assume WF should be around that , or even say another £6M . If we sold one , together with the funds I think will be available, that would give the manager £10M to spend , or if both , in the region of £15M to spend , which really could transform a squad that has largely disappointed this season . 

So would you sell our two biggest assets ? 

If we can get a couple of million for Fod I'd be good with that. Alnwick no 1 looks like the future.  

Mckay should not be sold period. 

20 hours ago, gmcf said:

Was on the how much do you think we'll spend there , and in my opinion , I can only see us giving the new manager in the region of £2-3M to spend on transfer fees . Not a great deal to make wholesale changes , which we really could do with , and also very reliant on bringing out something different to existing players , which can be a bit of a gamble . So it got me thinking . . . 

Again in my opinion , Wes Foderingham and Barrie McKay are our two main ' stars ' that would certainly deserve to stay and play under PC , but would you sell them to give the new manager some real money to transform this squad ? 

Basing this only on the rumours of BMcK going to Red Bull for £6M and given that diddy Foster going for £10 , you've got to assume WF should be around that , or even say another £6M . If we sold one , together with the funds I think will be available, that would give the manager £10M to spend , or if both , in the region of £15M to spend , which really could transform a squad that has largely disappointed this season . 

So would you sell our two biggest assets ? 

Fantasy figures there. I'd be astounded if we sold both of them and got anywhere near £10m.

Forster left the tarriers for that fee because he had been performing well in a competitive league and in Europe and he has continued to impress down south. Comparing him to Foderingham is ridiculous, if we were to sell him tomorrow he'd be lucky to get into a mid table championship club.

I'd offer McKay a generous new contract.

If he signs it great, if not then would sell if a decent offer was to come in.

I'd certainly sell Wes if a decent offer comes in. He's good but not great and money in the transfer pot would be better.

I wouldn't sell McKay for anything less than about £5m, he's decent and has too much potential to let go.

Would be happy to keep Fod but would take £6m for him in a heartbeat. In reality though we would get less than a million for him

Get rid of both the cunts.

They've both shown themselves to be well below par this season, against mediocre opposition. Give Barrie time and space on the ball and he can work wonders. Put pressure on him, up the physical game, and he's like a wee boy. Cunt couldn't win a 70-30 challenge in his favour. Fod is so ill-equipped with the ball at his feet he'd be out his depth in an under-7s match. Someone take the cunt aside and get him to work with the ball at his feet for a few hours at training.

They're both sopping wet shitebags; that's the worst part. Maybe one day Barrie will come good, but right now he's not fit to wear the jersey.