Caixinha's First Training Session

PRW.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tbf there was nothing wrong with warburtons training then as preseason is predominantly fitness based. And I thought it was more than adequate. McCoists unfortunately looks like something I've played down at the local park which is not good.  The talking however is done on the pitch- the manager can prep the players as much as possible but if they haven't got the stomach to fight for the jersey on match day then they'll never be good enough.

all judgement shall be reserved until October as he'll need his own signings plus we need to see the benefits of a Pedro preseason

Actually might not be as easy as some people think. Just of the back of a 6-0 and 4-0. They will no doubt be trying to tighten that up. No doubt everyone will compare this game to Murty's 6-0. I've no idea how he'll play, just glad i will be there on the day! :rangers:

22 hours ago, Sea Bear said:

So enjoyed I watched it twice.

Believe I also read in the run up to his appointment, that no training session is ever repeated exactly, he supposedly keeps changing it which keeps it fresh.

Heard that aswell, think it was a Santos Laguna player who said that in 2 years he never once repeated a training session, which shows that he puts alot of planning and time into it. Alot of Managers, coaches become stale with their training so hopefully it will keep the players at peak fitness.

22 hours ago, We Are The People said:

Appreciate you're taking the piss but it's actually recommended to cross your arms when using the excercise bike as it means that you're solely working your leg muscles! 

I was indeed. 

But I was also thinking back to when I played at Juvenile level (mid to late 80s) and our Coach would routinely punish anyone who stood with their arms crossed whilst on the training pitch.

I suspect things have moved on since then.  But lets hope young Rossiter works hard because he needs to get back in the game sooner rather than later.