Club 1872 - Statement of Resignation

3 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

I have only read up to here, and also think it was probably that numpty that had applied for that job, but I think the three who have resigned have jumped the gun here. There's no way that Houston is fit to fill Jim Hannah's boots. I really can't see the club hiring him, the guy is clearly an idiot that has let a little bit of fame go to his head.

I don't have the time to read the full thread, so can anyone answer if it was indeed him that applied for that job and whether he got it or not?

Cheers.  

It was him alright and from what I've heard he wasn't even close to getting it. 

2 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

I have only read up to here, and also think it was probably that numpty that had applied for that job, but I think the three who have resigned have jumped the gun here. There's no way that Houston is fit to fill Jim Hannah's boots. I really can't see the club hiring him, the guy is clearly an idiot that has let a little bit of fame go to his head.

I don't have the time to read the full thread, so can anyone answer if it was indeed him that applied for that job and whether he got it or not?

Cheers.  

CH and Christine Sommerville are two who applied according to those in the know, she I believe is an RST acolyte but have no idea her involvement, if any,  with C1872.  

3 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Apparently Houston wasn't even considered for the position - so due to his sleekit, devious ways he has caused this monumental shitstorm and clusterfuck.

Makes you wonder though if he'd got it, how C1872 would have then dealt with another CoI...continue to tell us there wasn't one? :sarcasm:

I'm led to believe he was clear he would resign if he got the job. 

Once again though, him applying wasn't the issue. It was his attendance at a meeting with the police & somebody who would be interviewing him a week later. 

7 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Not much different to those who pumped money into TRFFF and who had no say in how the money was spent and was given no details of income/expenditure, just another clusterfuck started by good meaning people and hijacked by charlatans among our own support.

My mother taught me to be cautious so I was waiting before I donated to RF, once the merger was touted I knew it was not for me and said so publicly, shame good supporters got taken for a ride. 

All true, but bear in mind that we had the fear that we might not even have a club to support and had no suspicions that what was being set up was not for the good of the club pretty much on its death bed, I am certainly not alone but I would not tell my wife just what I have put into various schemes and two lots of near worthless shares.

1 minute ago, Virtuoso said:

Maybe so, but apparently there was nothing to stop him holding both positions (if had he been successful). 

C1872 needs dismantled and either reverted back to what RF was - or it needs rebuilt from the bottom up. Start over.

The only other option being, CH resigns and the three resignees withdraw their resignations.

That would be the ideal scenario but think we both know that wont happen. 

Maybe so, but apparently there was nothing to stop him holding both positions (if had he been successful). 

C1872 needs dismantled and either reverted back to what RF was - or it needs rebuilt from the bottom up. Start over.

The only other option being, CH resigns and the three resignees withdraw their resignations.

More chance of me getting a ride off Scarlett Johannson 

12 minutes ago, NamibianBear said:

Ask TLT, they are the ones that always said there was "no chance"

That would be interesting I must admit. 

13 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Aye Mate, as Namibian says we technically never bought anything it was a gift to RF/1872 so no refund. 

It seems to me looking in from the outside that this whole thing has been set up by rogues. Surely not what you would expect from Rangers men. 

Anyone who wants to be on a committee whether it be the local bowling club or C1872 is, in my eyes, a bit of a fame hungry, power freak, control addict etc........ Oh yeah, and you usually find that they are absolute fanny spangles aswell. Nuff said. Fuck all yer committees and the like.

6 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

That would be interesting I must admit. 

It seems to me looking in from the outside that this whole thing has been set up by rogues. Surely not what you would expect from Rangers men. 

Its been a stitch up by people who have their own interests at heart and have hoodwinked genuine supporters. We need to get the rogues out and people with the supporters interests at heart back in there. Are the elections made open to non members? 

15 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

It was him alright and from what I've heard he wasn't even close to getting it. 

Is there any chance of D'Art & co being able to withdraw their resignations?

He's someone who we all trust in here and I think he has made a mistake. I'll admit to not knowing much about what has been going on with it all as I have barely been on RM. So I'm guessing this was just the final straw on a large camels back? 

It does seem a shame to lose someone who we all know. And if D'Art wanted to, or even if he could it would be great if he could withdraw his resignation. Boardrooms are difficult, and going back after the reasons given for the resignation would be a very tense situation, but I would seriously consider investing if D'Art was back and try and get Houston out of there with a vote of no confidence. 

5 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Its been a stitch up by people who have their own interests at heart and have hoodwinked genuine supporters. We need to get the rogues out and people with the supporters interests at heart back in there. Are the elections made open to non members? 

It seems like that and why I will never join any Rangers fan group.

28 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

He applied and wasn't considered.

The issue here is how he went about it. The three resignees decided they couldn't work with him (although there were additional issues if you read D'Arts statement).

I did read it. I kinda mentioned it above in my last post before this one. 

6 minutes ago, Craiggybear said:

Don't know what made me do it but just took a look on FF....  Just one of many similar posts :headwall::headwall::headwall:IMG_20170319_194104.thumb.png.790ebb32a67deabbacb2e6ad8c1a1d10.png

Don't post much on here, but claiming that is representative of what is being said on FF and it is  "Just one of many similar posts" is a flat out lie.

28 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

This is my absolute hope 

Sons of Struth

*ATTENTION*

For the past few weeks, the Sons of Struth Facebook page has not been run by the usual admin (and page creator) Craig Houston.

He has taken a break from his social media platforms, in order to commit more time to the SoS academy and private issues. He may or may not return and doesn't have access to even his own private Facebook account.

For the short term future, I will continue to run the page on my own.

Thank you for understanding

Ben

https://www.facebook.com/SonsOfStruth

So rather come out and at least try and justify his actions, he goes in to hiding.

A fucking snake slithering back under his rock.

3 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

So rather come out and at least try and justify his actions, he goes in to hiding.

Shouldn't his priority not be club1872 and not SoS?!

Just what the fuck is the SoS academy..???..Is he training and brainwashing the young Rangers support into being as much of a self seeking leech/snake as he is..??

Shudder went thru me when I read that..:confused: