Matt Crooks

Gaz52

Since he moved on loan to Scunthorpe, he's made 8 appearances, 4 starts, scored 3 goals and picked up 1 yellow card.

He looked remarkably slow and out of his depth here but he was just back from a long-term injury and was chucked in at the deep end against Hearts at Tynecastle. 

Do you think there's hope for him here or is he someone we should be looking to sell on in the summer? 

I for one wouldn't be willing to write him off based on how he performed for/or in Warburtons team. 

I'm not saying he will be a player for us but well worth Pedro assessing him and I'm sure he will  

We can't afford to waste more time with players trying players out. 

We need to add a good amount of players/quality in the summer and you can only do that by moving players on. If we can get rid of Crooks then he should be let go. 

It was a ridiculous decision by Warburton to throw him in at Tynecastle.

Very harsh judging him based on just 1 game.

From what I've heard he's doing well at Scunthorpe.  Well worth giving him another try IMO.  I'd certainly prefer that to paying off his contract like we usually do.

56 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Some teams in that league would be more than comfortable here imo.

Not denying that but his level ain't Rangers standards, likes of Motherwell, Killie or Hamilton are welcome to players of Crooks standard, he's just not for us.

Looks too lazy for Pedro's style. I might be wrong but I think he will return to England in the summer. Might be worth us keeping him contracted and loaning to a Championship team. If he impressed we would get a decent fee in January 

He might well have found his level/comfort zone , but IMO , along with every member of the playing staff he's entitled to a clean slate and chance to impress the new management . Let's face it , we're not likely to be in a financial position to ditch every one of this years underachievers so Pedro will need to get a turn out of quite a few of the current squad and hope they adapt to his style and improve their own level of performance .

Some will flourish under the new regime while others will be glad to go , and if any of those at the fringes of the squad attract a cash bid then I don't see us being hard to deal with !

1 hour ago, Broxi said:

We can't afford to waste more time with players trying players out. 

We need to add a good amount of players/quality in the summer and you can only do that by moving players on. If we can get rid of Crooks then he should be let go. 

Yeah id agree with this. Fuck wasting time giving everybody a fair shot - the guys have not been playing or were punted for a reason.

Since Warburton has left has some forgotten man come into the team to impress hugely, or guy in the team all of a sudden stepped up? (Beerman looking promising aside of course). 

Possibly the most cumbersome player i've seen besides Kal Naismith. He looks a million miles from a Rangers player. Only fair to let Pedro have a look, but i imagine it will be a very short look before he gets punted. Best we can hope for is to make our money back if he plays well down there. 

1 minute ago, Vanoli said:

Possibly the most cumbersome player i've seen besides Kal Naismith. He looks a million miles from a Rangers player. Only fair to let Pedro have a look, but i imagine it will be a very short look before he gets punted. Best we can hope for is to make our money back if he plays well down there. 

Was he not a free transfer?