Next seasons budget 3million?

RFC55

50 minutes ago, GWR1979 said:

Long term he is not the answer, I know he's a big trier decent in the air but I would play Bates or a newreplacement before him so I wouldn't give him a new contract. 

See where you're coming from but Davie Weir taught us a bit of experience at the back can go a long way. I'd keep him around for another season.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Goianegra said:

See where you're coming from but Davie Weir taught us a bit of experience at the back can go a long way. I'd keep him around for another season.

I reckon he will be on decent wages which could be used to bring a better quicker replacement than Hill, We have been woeful all season at the back and Hill has been part of that defence. 

6 hours ago, GWR1979 said:

I reckon he will be on decent wages which could be used to bring a better quicker replacement than Hill, We have been woeful all season at the back and Hill has been part of that defence. 

More woeful than Keirnan?

Depends on what context this rumoured £3m is?

If it's £3m up front for fees then adding another extra £5-7m to the wage bill for loans/Bosmans plus a few million for players being sold that's the guts of £10m.

I doubt even the club knows for sure how much they will have to spend right now as lots of variables could happen over the summer.

22 minutes ago, Malvern said:

More woeful than Keirnan?

No he is at the bottom of the list of our Centre Backs. 

Hill is a good honest pro, I just think that at 38 he is a bit of a gamble, and with his wages we could get someone on a free who is younger with a sell on value. 

1 minute ago, Gaz52 said:

If £3m is all we're going to invest in the squad then we'll struggle to finish 3rd again.

With a good manager & proper scouting, 3 million should be able to take us comfortably to 2nd

Challenging them will need a lot more but not having this shit that we need upwards of 3 million to catch Aberdeen fs 

If the tims do sell the likes of Dembele, Tierney, Armstrong etc... You know, the big £20m per player ones?

I don't worry about who they'll bring in.

As I've said on many occasion, Rodgers only successful signing was Sinclair. Toure, De Vries, Gamboa. Eboue haven't made any impact at all. 

Rodgers signing history with Liverpool is woeful. He's not good with money. He spent well over £100m during his time with Liverpool and has absolutely fuck-all to show for it. 

They're miles ahead of us, aye, but if we can at least bring in 3 or 4 quality players who can make a difference and they lose a say 2 or 3 of their first team players then it'll be a lot closer next season.

The money-men at Ibrox must see this, but they don't normally give a fuck, do they?

3 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

With a good manager & proper scouting, 3 million should be able to take us comfortably to 2nd

Challenging them will need a lot more but not having this shit that we need upwards of 3 million to catch Aberdeen fs 

I reckon Aberdeen have a better squad than us at the moment, the league table shows that, they've got to two cup finals this season. They've built this squad over a good few years. 

£3m gets us what? If you want say in excess of 4 players then the type of player you'll be buying will be Aberdeen-level players, which just isn't good enough.

2 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

If the tims do sell the likes of Dembele, Tierney, Armstrong etc... You know, the big £20m per player ones?

I don't worry about who they'll bring in.

As I've said on many occasion, Rodgers only successful signing was Sinclair. Toure, De Vries, Gamboa. Eboue haven't made any impact at all. 

Rodgers signing history with Liverpool is woeful. He's not good with money. He spent well over £100m during his time with Liverpool and has absolutely fuck-all to show for it. 

They're miles ahead of us, aye, but if we can at least bring in 3 or 4 quality players who can make a difference and they lose a say 2 or 3 of their first team players then it'll be a lot closer next season.

The money-men at Ibrox must see this, but they don't normally give a fuck, do they?

If my auntie had ............................................

You know the rest

Key word that

Just now, jcb said:

If my auntie had ............................................

You know the rest

Key word that

Everything hinges on if

I'm just putting down what they need to do, whether they do or not is up to them, I know deep down they'll never invest the amount we really need. 

3 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Do we have a good manager? Time will tell but there are undoubted question marks.

Do we have a proper scouting network? Hopefully it's extended beyond the English lower leagues but again we don't know. Certainly don't get the impression it's "proper" or extensive.

Without the above being known and true, and effectively starting from scratch with a new team (whilst unlikely being able to offload many of those PC would want out the door) it's entirely conceivable that 3m or more is needed to beat the sheep never mind getting close to the scum.

We really are dross and there's huge issues in that dressing room that won't be resolved with freebies and bargain basement signings.

3 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

I reckon Aberdeen have a better squad than us at the moment, the league table shows that, they've got to two cup finals this season. They've built this squad over a good few years. 

£3m gets us what? If you want say in excess of 4 players then the type of player you'll be buying will be Aberdeen-level players, which just isn't good enough.

Wouldn't say they have a better squad tbh, it's fairly even with us having the more experienced players I'd say

Difference is they have a stable manager who knows his team and knows the game up here, we don't. 

That Celtic team is the same shite as last season but with 2 added, the manager has made the difference there, not a big pile of cash

We need a good manager in before anything, them we trust him with what little money we have to build a team

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Do we have a good manager? Time will tell but there are undoubted question marks.

Do we have a proper scouting network? Hopefully it's extended beyond the English lower leagues but again we don't know. Certainly don't get the impression it's "proper" or extensive.

Without the above being known and true, and effectively starting from scratch with a new team (whilst unlikely being able to offload many of those PC would want out the door) it's entirely conceivable that 3m or more is needed to beat the sheep never mind getting close to the scum.

We really are dross and there's huge issues in that dressing room that won't be resolved with freebies and bargain basement signings.

We don't have a good manager (my opinion on Pedro) 

We should be able to locate some talent in the world of football, you're right it can't just be the lower English leagues but surely to Christ somebody in that club has a job to do just that, scout!

Honestly think we need to sort a manager first before flinging money at the club, say we give Pedro 10 million and it turns out he's clueless, we're up shit creek without a paddle...we've not got that money to blow anymore 

1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

Wouldn't say they have a better squad tbh, it's fairly even with us having the more experienced players I'd say

Look at the table.

How do we have the more experienced players? They've practically had the same squad in the SPL for the past 4 years. We've got a group of guys from the lower leagues in England and loanees from England

In order to seriously start challenging for the title we need to spend maybe 2.5 or 3 million on one player. Never mind a whole team. I can appreciate that we have to be within our means and that's the sad part but I believe buying a decent 2 or 3 players at 2 or 3 million makes a whole load of difference. Obviously that won't happen but that's what we need to do.

Just now, Gaz52 said:

Everything hinges on if

I'm just putting down what they need to do, whether they do or not is up to them, I know deep down they'll never invest the amount we really need. 

I believe they will invest further and particularly if they qualify for the CL group stages.

There is no easy fix although i do agree that a few decent signings through the spine of the team would improve us greatly and this is where we should concentrate our resources. 

Just now, Gaz52 said:

Look at the table.

How do we have the more experienced players? They've practically had the same squad in the SPL for the past 4 years. We've got a group of guys from the lower leagues in England and loanees from England

Aye and I blame the manager for that, that group of players, as shite as they are, should be 2nd

Played Aberdeen 3 times, won 2 & lost 1, the 1 we lost we outplayed them.

Our problem is against the lower sides who park the bus and the manager didn't have a plan to break that down.

We have players who have been around (Miller, Wilson, Hill) & We have youngsters who were rated highly before showing up here (Dodoo, Hyndman, Rossiter)

That squad, with a good manager, should be finishing 2nd.

4 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Alright,  they're ahead of us in the league but that gap came about when we've been between managers. Wouldn't say they have better players than us in general. A better manager,  quite possibly.

They've reached two finals as they've been lucky enough to avoid shellick on the way to Hampden which we likely would have as well. 

26 minutes ago, dougal72 said:

Alright,  they're ahead of us in the league but that gap came about when we've been between managers. Wouldn't say they have better players than us in general. A better manager,  quite possibly.

They've reached two finals as they've been lucky enough to avoid shellick on the way to Hampden which we likely would have as well. 

I'd take Rooney over any of our forwards - bar Miller

I'd take Shinnie ahead of Halliday and Holt. Hyndman and Toral don't really count as they're not our players, if we're speaking about next season

I'd take McLean over every midfielder we've got as well. 

Hayes is a more productive winger than anything we've got, even McGinn is.

Shay Logan is one of the best full-backs in the league

I'd say Hill is probably better than any of their centre-backs and we have a better keeper. 

The gap came about between managers but even when we got a manager in we were still dropping stupid points, losing to Dundee at Dens when Aberdeen went there and won 7-0, Andy Considine got a fucking hat-trick. 

They've been far more consistent, they've scored a shit-load more goals than us, they've conceded less, and they're 9 points clear of us. 

What more proof do you need that they have a better squad than us?

If we signed three players at £3 million each I'd actually fancy us to finish a comfortable second place next season and manage a cup. If Celtic lose some of their better players and don't manage to replace them with signings as good we might even pressure them.

Although, this scenario hinges on a lot more spent than £3 million and hopefully managing to get rid of a lot of our own players.

14 hours ago, Valance1690 said:

30 million over 4 years says the first article? 

I'd wager a guess that he's spent that or close to it, the wages these clowns are on the now and the clowns we've had through the divisions will have cost us a pretty penny

I agree with all the posts saying we realistically need 10-15 million to compete next season...but it's simply not coming, if we get closer next season and build a decent base to go forward then think thats the best we can hope for 

That's not going to sell season tickets but it's where we are at the moment

DK has put nowhere near 15m into Rangers since he came back..... not even close.  he has put in about 3 IIRC.

See if it was a case of allowing for a £3 million budget plus a share of whatever income from player sells then I don`t think that is too bad a model say 2/3 years down the line.

What the board have to account for is the fact we lost in excess of £15 million (would probably be nearer £25 million tbh) in players and that they have attempted to replace with £3million investment. Had we established a long term plan in the bottom tier to buy cheap young players and develop a young squad we would have been in a much better place but that plan went out of the window with McCoist. From then on it was always the case that we would need to frontload more cash (say £8-10mil+) than we would usually be prepared to in order to inject more short term quality with the hope that we could return to a sustainable plan a few years down the line.

Just my opinion of course but this summer is make or break for the board, if we truly only spend £3mil then the financial injection needed gets bigger with the tims in CL.

28 minutes ago, The Monk said:

See if it was a case of allowing for a £3 million budget plus a share of whatever income from player sells then I don`t think that is too bad a model say 2/3 years down the line.

What the board have to account for is the fact we lost in excess of £15 million (would probably be nearer £25 million tbh) in players and that they have attempted to replace with £3million investment. Had we established a long term plan in the bottom tier to buy cheap young players and develop a young squad we would have been in a much better place but that plan went out of the window with McCoist. From then on it was always the case that we would need to frontload more cash (say £8-10mil+) than we would usually be prepared to in order to inject more short term quality with the hope that we could return to a sustainable plan a few years down the line.

Just my opinion of course but this summer is make or break for the board, if we truly only spend £3mil then the financial injection needed gets bigger with the tims in CL.

Em, with 3 mil I think it's break time. Spent more on a bad night oot at the Sav.