Before he's even landed in Glasgow...

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1102283/rangers-fabio-cardoso-benfica-lose-match-portugal/

Honestly gets beyond ridiculous how petty the Scottish media are especially where we're concerned. That story is literally fuck all but some "journalist" has spent his Sunday morning scraping the barrel for a story about somebody we've been looking at.

Pathetic specimens at the sun 

FUCK GIVING THEM THE HITS:

FAB IN THE HEART

Rangers target Fabio Cardoso was once forced to deny wanting his own club Benfica to lose a match

Two years ago, he caused a storm in his homeland with comments he made before a match when he was a Benfica player

RANGERS target Fabio Cardoso once had to deny wanting his own Benfica side to lose a match in his native Portugal.

The Vitoria Setbubal defender is expected to arrive in Glasgow for talks with the Ibrox side set to seal a £1.3million deal.

The 23-year-old could partner fellow countryman Bruno Alves at the heart of the Rangers defence next season if he agrees to join as Pedro Caixinha makes extensive changes to his squad.

But two years ago, he caused a storm in his homeland with comments he made before a match when he was a Benfica player.

Cardoso was farmed out on loan to Pacos Ferreira to gain some first team experience when he came up against his parent side.

Although he was forbidden to play in the game because of Portuguese League rules, he said: “I was born and brought up a Benfica fan and I wish them the best of luck always, but in this game I want Paco to win.

“I will definitely cheer for them.”

That brought a furious outcry from Benfica fans who demanded the club get rid of him for what they viewed as disrespectful comments.

Cardoso was then forced to issue an apology for his statement.

He said: “I never meant I wanted Benfica to lose as some fans seem to think.

“I am a professional player and I hope the supporters understand that.”

Cardoso eventually left the Lisbon giants anyway last year when he signed for Vitoria in a four-year deal.

Cardoso.jpg

Shite paper with another non story. The guys professional enough to put his personal emotions to the side and hoped that the team he was playing for beat his childhood team. This is something everyone would want in a player, professionalism and team spirit, he'll never fit in in Scotland :pipe:

13 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

I don't see a problem with his comments tbh

That's because there's fuck all wrong with them haha 

When you're on loan the idea is to be fully invested in the squad you're with for the year. 

Imagine him turning up to training on Monday if he said he wanted Benfica to skelp them. Insane article.

3 minutes ago, hugh dallas said:

That's because there's fuck all wrong with them haha 

When you're on loan the idea is to be fully invested in the squad you're with for the year. 

Imagine him turning up to training on Monday if he said he wanted Benfica to skelp them. Insane article.

The Sun would have slated him for that too, just shows that if youre linked with Rangers then youre fucked if ye do and fucked if ye dont

Get signed up to Rangers TV for a fiver a month if you want news on our Club. You're not going to get anything about football, tactics, our players or our Club from reading the rags up here. Unless it can cause controversy, they won't print it. 

Meanwhile on RTV we've had player interviews from Alves and Jack, and there's a decent wee interview went up yesterday with Mols.

If you want Rangers content, get it from the source, and consign this pish to the backwaters where they belong.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/category/headlines/

https://rangers.co.uk/tv/subscribe

There's no excuse, the club provides us content, we need to support the club and pay for it (and in turn we will get more content)

(the only criticism I have of the club is no HD stream for matches yet...)

Hmm, so a player wants the team he plays for to win, that;ll make a good story.....not. Maybe next week's headline will be "Ex Cellic Hero In Shock Announcement: Kenny Miller Wants Rangers To Win League Next Year."

There really are no depths these idiots will plumb to sensationalise a non story if it involves Rangers. I respect their obsession with the world's most successful team, but just laugh now at the nonsense they spend ages digging up. 

Wonder if it is the same daft cunt on here from the Sun who took my "Let's celebrate the Sutton pieman" joke seriously and even put it on the website as fact. :wanker: 

No nous insight or even solid factual writing in the gutter press these days. 

Rancid journalism.