Forrester sent away from Auchenhowie

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm completely honest I'm not surprised he chucked it.

He was probably our best player at the start of last season, in fact in my mind there's absolutely no doubt about that. He was then dropped and hardly seen again after that while others who were playing in front of him did absolutely fuck all. Around that time our team was crying out for someone with a bit of dig and he was consistently overlooked while the likes of Windass and Dodoo played ahead of him. If I had been playing well then I seen guys like Joe Dodoo get a game ahead of me I'd be fucked off as well.

Having said all that, going forward I'd say he has to go. He clearly has ability however I think his lack of pace was the main issue.

Players like Forrester annoy me so much. They have more talent in their wee toe than I have in my entire body, but they would just waste their talent.

There is plenty of time for him to party once his career is over, and if he applied himself he would have a vast array of medals.

But as it is he'll end up going to non-league and working in a call-centre. Then when he's in his late 30's it'll dawn on him that he wasted his career.

45 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

If I'm completely honest I'm not surprised he chucked it.

He was probably our best player at the start of last season, in fact in my mind there's absolutely no doubt about that. He was then dropped and hardly seen again after that while others who were playing in front of him did absolutely fuck all. Around that time our team was crying out for someone with a bit of dig and he was consistently overlooked while the likes of Windass and Dodoo played ahead of him. If I had been playing well then I seen guys like Joe Dodoo get a game ahead of me I'd be fucked off as well.

Having said all that, going forward I'd say he has to go. He clearly has ability however I think his lack of pace was the main issue.

It wasn't Dodoo keeping Forrester out of the team, Dodoo had 5 starts and 15 appearances in the league all season and half of those were under Pedro. After a good start to the season Forrester fell out of favour the same time as the Barton incident so I always assumed he was part of the internal row. His main contribution after that was not squaring the ball to Dodoo for a certain equaliser against the filth.

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Should have been told to fuck off after the taig game on new years.

The type of player that worries about the colour of boots he's wearing. Complete bender.

Not squaring it during that game was criminal, more concerned with him getting the headlines than his team winning.

Can't agree about the boots though. He always wore plain black ones.

Pedro sees him everyday in training and if he says his attitude and application is lacking then that's good enough for me.

Seems that Pedro is setting out very firm markers to those who are either not in his plans for next season or who are borderline.   In Forrester's case it seemed obvious enough that he was falling from favour during the latter part of Warburton's spell as manager and never really came into Pedro's reckoning as a player that he felt he could rely on and who would give consistent 7 or better out of 10 performances.   The result is what we are seeing now - in the player's own footballing interest the time is up at Rangers and its best to move on quickly.    Seems Pedro only needed the signs from a training session last week that Forrester was not at the level he should be to use that as the final lever to say 'out you go'.    Seems to me Pedro is very capable of calling a spade a spade, or even a shit shovel when he has to.

Sets a marker for other players too.   If the right attitude is not demonstrated and its not then turned into the right sorts of performances I suspect Pedro may be a whole lot less tolerant about this than Warburton or McCoist or McCall might have been with players reminded that winning is what matters and that means the right attitudes in training and in games.   

Wonder how the likes of McKay and Holt and Halliday and Tavernier will take this sort of messaging being given out by Pedro.   Because imo none of them - and a good few more - were delivering the sort of 7 or better out of 10 performances under Pedro last season to indicate that they might hold on to their Rangers salaries for much longer either.        

10 minutes ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

Actually gutted to see his tweet. Wish I never have to see him and many others play for us again.

Total clear out of Warburtons duds is in order, only Wes deserves another season to prove himself.

Agree with this if ever there was a time shut up its now obviously not got the brain he was born with.