Ibrox, Old And New, Different Perspectives.

tannerall

7 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

My own grandfather was the same, worked all week in the shipyard but was always immaculately turned out the rest of the time.

They're a dying breed, but you still see the auld fellas of the generation before ours, retired for years, but still going around their day to day business in "collar and tie". In fact one of my pet hates is seeing a man over 70  wearing a baseball cap, it should be a bunnet at that age.

Agree and you must remember the old Rangers pin-striped bunnets that Lex MacLean among others used to wear.  I tried google but couldnt find a pic of one.  

23 minutes ago, SuperTav said:

Excuse my ignorance, but where would this have been taken from? Ibrox Primary School? 

That'd be some view to look at from your office everyday!

I think the railings you can see would have been the Primary School! 

At first I thought it was from his flat on the Copland Road but that was on the other side of Edmiston Drive I'm sure! So can only imagine it's in another set of flats across the road from the Primary School! 

On 25/06/2017 at 8:06 PM, El-Hadji Spit RFC said:

Cracking photos lads, does anyone have a pic of the damage caused at the Ibrox disaster?

Yes they do, and yes we will never forget,along with the two other disasters. If you google you will find them. Every single one of them far, far to poignant and important to be placed in this trivial thread.