Bighouse

There's a few results I remember.

Kilmarnock in 98.

Cup Final v Hearts in 98.

5-1 against them in 98.

Bayern in 99, both games.

Monaco at home the next season.

Zizkov.

3-0 New Year game in 04. We were terrible that day.

3-2 defeat in the Manchester season. One of their goals was offside and the penalty they got should have been outside the box.

Too many to count under Ally.

The worst by far though is Niederkorn.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the game everyone is angry and most of us just say things really without thinking to much about it but after a few days pass after a horrible result like the other night you start to look at somethings differently. I know that I have been shouting to sack pedro and I also know that it won't happen anytime soon but in the cold light of day and now I have calmed down after the game I will give the manager and the players even the players from last season well some of them my full support. in the hope that they can turn that shambolic performance into a possitive and hopefully they all now know how much this team means to every last one of us.also pedro needs to be clear from now on how he wants the team to set up  and what system he wants the team to play because looking at them the other night they were as disjointed as a Warburton or Mccoist team and after the amount of hurt we have had to suffer these past 6 or 7 years the current management team do not have anymore room for error.

2 hours ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

After the game everyone is angry and most of us just say things really without thinking to much about it but after a few days pass after a horrible result like the other night you start to look at somethings differently. I know that I have been shouting to sack pedro and I also know that it won't happen anytime soon but in the cold light of day and now I have calmed down after the game I will give the manager and the players even the players from last season well some of them my full support. in the hope that they can turn that shambolic performance into a possitive and hopefully they all now know how much this team means to every last one of us.also pedro needs to be clear from now on how he wants the team to set up  and what system he wants the team to play because looking at them the other night they were as disjointed as a Warburton or Mccoist team and after the amount of hurt we have had to suffer these past 6 or 7 years the current management team do not have anymore room for error.

Nah, the clown should be sacked now.

Remember some of the champions league nights in the 1990s, AEK Athens was a huge let down, Levski Sofia, Strasbourg etc. We were also a couple of minutes away from beating Bayern Munich at Ibrox, a draw felt like a defeat tbh. Losing to Hamilton in 1987 Scottish was world news, pumped Hearts at tynecastle the following week and ended their 2 year home unbeaten record. Losing to Dundee united in the 94 Cup Final was sore, going for back to back trebles. But for me the biggy was the Marseille away game in 92/93, win that and were in the Final of the first Champions league. For me the 92/93 team was the greatest ever Rangers side in history, older generations will have theirs, but I don't think there has been a better team since.

7 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

There's a few results I remember.

Kilmarnock in 98.

Cup Final v Hearts in 98.

5-1 against them in 98.

Bayern in 99, both games.

Monaco at home the next season.

Zizkov.

3-0 New Year game in 04. We were terrible that day.

3-2 defeat in the Manchester season. One of their goals was offside and the penalty they got should have been outside the box.

Too many to count under Ally.

The worst by far though is Niederkorn.

That's the thing a always remember about that game.

2 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Kaunas, Malmo, Maribor, CSKA Moscow (Vagner Love prick), Unirea 4-1, Sevilla 4-1, Zizkov..

Those European games still haunt me to be honest

Should've had a penalty and Konko sent off for it at 0-0, and he scores the first for them.

On 6 July 2017 at 7:18 PM, sandyinroyalblue said:

1979 losing 4-2 to the beasts and blowing the chance of back to back trebles and 3 trebles in 4 years.

Still sickens me

Same for me , they went down to ten men that night , with doyle nearly killing alex mcdonald ,  i remember being in floods of tears at the end 

On 06/07/2017 at 8:38 PM, Bighouse said:

Before the other night the only games that would stick in my craw forever where Manchester, the Hivs cup final and Kilmarnock in 98.

We will now be telling our grand kids about the Luxembourg game as a warning from history.

2 be fair .I think this one will be forgotten .The ones you mentioned and others I could, were far more important in our history .Playing for big prizes and with mostly great to good players 

The current lot are mostly some of the biggest frauds /losers to have worn the colours  of Rangers 

I think the enemies of our club may dine out on it ,don't think in a few months ,most of us will be too down over it .Considering the dross we have in our ranks 

2-4 79 and 80 Cup final will be forever my major heartbreakers 

For me it is absolutely the Scottish Cup final v hibs. Nothing else in recent times comes near.

Zenit? They were a compact, attacking, well oiled machine and a better footballing team than us. 5-1 Old Firm? After a few minutes the writing was on the wall and you could not be shocked at it. It was just part of a horrible campaign and not surprising. Unirea, Kaunus, Malmo etc were bad but dont reach the level of the hibs game.

It really does stick in my throat. Personally the game when Hesselink scored in the last minute is close but not just as bad.

Manchester 08. We were so fucking close and sadly will never ever be that close again. Often think what might have been. 

The hibs final was shite but hardly one that will haunt me despite them milking it years after and referring to it as 'the big cup'

5-1 was fuckin horrible never felt so depressed coming home from Ibrox

The sheep ending the 25 year drought as well. 25 year of dominance pissed away by josh windass and waghorn.

probably didnt give about it either Warburtons signings have bo sense of passion or agressive winning mentality 

21 hours ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

Warburton and Mcoist had a type of system . For warburton it was pass pass pass it was found out quite quickly and once teams did find it out we ended up with no end product  . Mcoist was just simple hoofball up to a big centre forward in the hope that one time he will knock it in .horrific to watch and only worked because we where playing plumbers and painters . With Pedro I have yet to see any pattern in his play . 

18 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Warburton and Mcoist had a type of system . For warburton it was pass pass pass it was found out quite quickly and once teams did find it out we ended up with no end product  . Mcoist was just simple hoofball up to a big centre forward in the hope that one time he will knock it in .horrific to watch and only worked because we where playing plumbers and painters . With Pedro I have yet to see any pattern in his play . 

I agree, Pedro has no tactics and no game plan. Substitutions are horrendous & by the looks of it his signings too!

It's funny we had that thread about finding out scores on teletext as actually found out the Zizkov score on teletext, we thought it was a foregone conclusion that we would have hammered them, casually looked at the result and they fuckers had won in extra time 

I know we lost 2-0 in the first leg but I can't remember anything about that game

This might be a strange one but losing a cup replay away at Tannadice. We played a weakened team and we'd already won the league cup and had the title in the bag, lost to a last minute winner. The tarriers got skelped 4-0 by St Mirren that night.